ECNL expansion 2021-2022

It's amazing to wake up to "46 The team Manager" making light and fun of my DD decisions in youth soccer. This just came out of no where for me. Yes, she triggered me but all TMs do. Another loser making fun of 13 and 14 years old dreams and decisions. Plus, my dd was not treated professionally, respectfully and with dignity. These men are assholes!!!! I must have hit his or her cord. It actually called me a moron. The last man to call me that was having a mental break down. I know were all losing are rights and so much more, but dam, I did not expect 46 to back up 45. They have Mr Jones jump in as well. Gee, i wonder what club are you guys are all with? I think I already know.

That argument only makes sense if you jumped clubs to chase one or the other leagues. You hated the GDA so much yet you went back for a second bite of the Apple.
Kicker, I would just be quite today. Where is the GDA? Now, let's focus on my dd and not me. So your saying my daughter jumped clubs to chase one or the other league? She hated GDA so much, yet went back for second bite of that stupid Apple story you keep using as a stupid example? Are you serious Kicker? What is wrong with you? For those keeping score, let me explain again what happen to my dd so it doesnt happen to your dd.
My dd was told by a liar who happen to be another Doc. He said GDA was finally going to allow High School soccer for kids in public school. This was 2018-2019 GDA. I know it's hard to believe but she went back because the other Doc, ya the one in the track suit also lied about the GDA. So she went back to bite the evil apple with worm because the nice old man doc said he was told HS Soccer will be allowed for public school kids. Guess what? They lied again so here we are today. The moral of the story is if lie enough, your business will fail. Where or where is the GDA today? Making fun of a little girl revels all of you. Why pick on someone your own size losers!!!

Mr Jones, I know you have been paying to play and i respect that. It pays to lurk as well. Say what you want and attack me, the father. Did you personally know the Doc my dd had to deal with for two years?
I just saw this article recently. Maybe not making the list is a blessing in disguise. Everything that glitters is not gold.

I just saw this article recently. Maybe not making the list is a blessing in disguise. Everything that glitters is not gold.
The List was a joke in 2017 and anyone who is following knows that The List was put in the wrong hands because in the hands of a monster, it can go very bad for kids. That's a fact Jack. The type of men you ran into at the airport is why I'm here Dre.

Today is a great day to let it all out. I'm serious. Dont hold back today. I already got 5 Pms telling me to ignore the fools and not let them trigger me.....lol!!! If I were to die for speaking up, so be it. I know the Bear does not like being poked by me, the moron and stupid father chasing leagues and free stuff from the #1 club in the country. However, I'm on 9 lives already and i dont live in fear and worry about those who blackmail folks or try and black list them to shut them up. You can all see clearly that when one attacks the messenger they already lost.

For the sake of this hypothetical, if we can assume that the average ulittle soccer parent is as game goofy and ignorant regarding soccer development and letter leagues as I was, what makes you think ECNL has elite soccer on lock?

It seems to me that if the GA puts substantial resources into marketing to game goofy ulittle parents that they could potentially compete and be an equivalent alternative or maybe better. The homie @sdb recently put me up on Ankersen. During Ankersen’s presentation he talks about how the folks at Nokia got all comfortable being industry leaders and thought the IPhone was a niche product and they didn’t have anything to worry about...well we all know how this story ends. So how do you know that ECNL is not being overconfident and underestimating GA the same way Nokia underestimated IPhone?

Why does CA even bother with a letter league that spans across the country? Your teams do not have to travel. Minus the few blips on the radar, CA is the epicenter of girl/women's soccer. Why not stay home, enjoy the short commute (for the most part), and play quality games every weekend.

Those of us in places like Vegas and Phoenix will gladly travel once a month or every other month to play against CA teams.

With that said, I think there are common sense ideas and some collaboration to come between the GA and ECNL:

1. Low performing ECNL clubs will be relegated to Regional League.
2. Cross competition between GA and ECNL, likely between top performing clubs (wouldn't that be nice). Maybe at places like Surf Cup, PDT, etc.

Why does CA even bother with a letter league that spans across the country? Your teams do not have to travel. Minus the few blips on the radar, CA is the epicenter of girl/women's soccer. Why not stay home, enjoy the short commute (for the most part), and play quality games every weekend.

Those of us in places like Vegas and Phoenix will gladly travel once a month or every other month to play against CA teams.

With that said, I think there are common sense ideas and some collaboration to come between the GA and ECNL:

1. Low performing ECNL clubs will be relegated to Regional League.
2. Cross competition between GA and ECNL, likely between top performing clubs (wouldn't that be nice). Maybe at places like Surf Cup, PDT, etc.

I said that a long time ago, ask footy if you dont believe me, that the GDA travel league was for the rich and only the rich. We now know their was never any intention from the clubs to go fully funded. It was always to take the funds from the rich parents so their kids can play with the Elite goats. I was called all sorts of names because all these fools wanted to travel all over the country beating up on teams from Vermont and Maine and spend over $15,000 a year traveling, golfing and eating out. Some even flew first class and some have their own private airplanes to go on road games. It had to stop and boy did it. This had to get fixed. Happy, no reason any of us from socal should be told you cant participant because your dd goes to public or it;s just to dam expensive to travel to CO, NC and Florida all in one year and skip school and then more travel. Scores like 9-1 is not competitive. Scoring 4 goals in a game is not reality in the real world.

Hey Mr @crush now that ecnl is right around the corner for my baby goat, I’m doing my research on it. Looks to me like it’s another organization just made for the elite clubs. Gotta be with the in crowd to get in this one. No baby clubs here. Hopefully it’s not all about who has money and can pay their way through it. But I’m excited for this new chapter. New coach for us as well. Looks like fun

Kicker, I would just be quite today. Where is the GDA? Now, let's focus on my dd and not me. So your saying my daughter jumped clubs to chase one or the other league? She hated GDA so much, yet went back for second bite of that stupid Apple story you keep using as a stupid example? Are you serious Kicker? What is wrong with you? For those keeping score, let me explain again what happen to my dd so it doesnt happen to your dd.
My dd was told by a liar who happen to be another Doc. He said GDA was finally going to allow High School soccer for kids in public school. This was 2018-2019 GDA. I know it's hard to believe but she went back because the other Doc, ya the one in the track suit also lied about the GDA. So she went back to bite the evil apple with worm because the nice old man doc said he was told HS Soccer will be allowed for public school kids. Guess what? They lied again so here we are today. The moral of the story is if lie enough, your business will fail. Where or where is the GDA today? Making fun of a little girl revels all of you. Why pick on someone your own size losers!!!
No one is making fun of your DD. Simply pointing out that you made decisions (like keeping her in that “toxic” DOC environment for 2 years) so she could win a Natty and then playing the victim.

Keep trying to twist the narrative. You are the only one dragging your DD into this by constantly trying to sell us on her mistreatment, posting pictures onto this forum of her at various ages with trophies, etc.

Peace out!

Hey Mr @crush now that ecnl is right around the corner for my baby goat, I’m doing my research on it. Looks to me like it’s another organization just made for the elite clubs. Gotta be with the in crowd to get in this one. No baby clubs here. Hopefully it’s not all about who has money and can pay their way through it. But I’m excited for this new chapter. New coach for us as well. Looks like fun
Luis, I miss you. I hope all is well. Good luck on the next chapter with dd. She is a talented player.

I said that a long time ago, ask footy if you dont believe me, that the GDA travel league was for the rich and only the rich. We now know their was never any intention from the clubs to go fully funded. It was always to take the funds from the rich parents so their kids can play with the Elite goats. I was called all sorts of names because all these fools wanted to travel all over the country beating up on teams from Vermont and Maine and spend over $15,000 a year traveling, golfing and eating out. Some even flew first class and some have their own private airplanes to go on road games. It had to stop and boy did it. This had to get fixed. Happy, no reason any of us from socal should be told you cant participant because your dd goes to public or it;s just to dam expensive to travel to CO, NC and Florida all in one year and skip school and then more travel. Scores like 9-1 is not competitive. Scoring 4 goals in a game is not reality in the real world.

I don't see any socio/economic differences between the GDA,GA, and ECNL. It will still cost too much for many.

I think you need to get over the HS thing. Before the GDA imploded, they were well on their way to allowing HS and rethinking showcases (frequency, location, etc).

Letter leagues are money making ventures. Altruism is not something that high level club sports leagues practice. Once you get over that fact, once you take any "development" pitch from a coach or a DOC with a grain of salt, the easier it is to make decisions for your DD. Parent's are too easily convinced that their player is the "next" player.

No one is making fun of your DD. Simply pointing out that you made decisions (like keeping her in that “toxic” DOC environment for 2 years) so she could win a Natty and then playing the victim.

Keep trying to twist the narrative. You are the only one dragging your DD into this by constantly trying to sell us on her mistreatment, posting pictures onto this forum of her at various ages with trophies, etc.

Peace out!
Peace out? Peace to you brother Kicker. I dont need to sell anything. You sir sold us why the GDA was so great for three sun years. Lets share the facts Kicker. My dd went to the club with the Doc who also happen to be the new Training Center Director in San Diego and was on staff with USSF. It amazes me how much you know my dd story. I can say 100% your full of shit and listening to your dear friends down south who are telling you half of the story. I guess the world is watching and I should share the story again? My PMs are lighting up. I must be on target? Incoming!!!!

I don't see any socio/economic differences between the GDA,GA, and ECNL. It will still cost too much for many.

I think you need to get over the HS thing. Before the GDA imploded, they were well on their way to allowing HS and rethinking showcases (frequency, location, etc).

Letter leagues are money making ventures. Altruism is not something that high level club sports leagues practice. Once you get over that fact, once you take any "development" pitch from a coach or a DOC with a grain of salt, the easier it is to make decisions for your DD. Parent's are too easily convinced that their player is the "next" player.
I will never get over it until the assholes repent and say sorry. Bro, you have no clue on what your talking about. The GDA said every year they were going to allow HS Soccer. The only High School soccer allowed was for the rich through the waiver thing.

Last edited:
not all about who can pay the most, youth spots are a business costs involved.
Oh really? What league is it that your talking about that it's not about "how much one is willing to pay to get what they so desperately want and desire?" Yes, youth sports was a business first but not anymore. No business will survive lying to their customers, even if that customer is a moron and foolish and idiot. It still does not give you the right to lie and misrepresent your product.

Cross competition between GA and ECNL, likely between top performing clubs (wouldn't that be nice). Maybe at places like Surf Cup, PDT, etc.
MEH.

ECNL has allowed cross competition in showcases. DA was the one not terribly interested (though occasionally you saw them play ECNL). So ECNL has allowed it, GA is saying yeah we are not going to live in a box and in showcases we will allow our clubs to play outside of GA.

Doesn't really move the needle in any meaningful way.

What would move the needle is if the ECNL national champs in each age group played the GA national champs in each age group for a combined national championship.

Then you would see a lot of interest.

MEH.

ECNL has allowed cross competition in showcases. DA was the one not terribly interested (though occasionally you saw them play ECNL). So ECNL has allowed it, GA is saying yeah we are not going to live in a box and in showcases we will allow our clubs to play outside of GA.

Doesn't really move the needle in any meaningful way.

What would move the needle is if the ECNL national champs in each age group played the GA national champs in each age group for a combined national championship.

Then you would see a lot of interest.
I said that a long time ago too, when the war of 2016 started. AP vs UPI, remember that championship game back in the 70s in college football?

Back