Covid risk management at soccer events

If you're one of the adults here for a real discussion, just put Hound and nononono on ignore. Filters it all out so you can listen to the people who are on topic.

If you're one of the adults here for a real discussion, just put Hound and nononono on ignore. Filters it all out so you can listen to the people who are on topic.
The funny thing you act worried.

Covid only affects a small minority of people. You from reading the forums (or your kid) fall into none of those categories.

Reading the advice provided by notintheface is laughable. Remember you think masks are the key. So just wear one and don't worry, right? If they are as you say, you should have zero issues.

Further. Your DD or DS is in the least risky category. Mask or no mask there is no issue related to risk.

For you? From what you have said over the months you are young enough and also have no health issues. Which means you are not in the risk category either.

So what is the concern?

I don't think you have elderly people living with you. Also you don't go out and hang out at restaurants and bars, which means you won't spread anything.

So I ask, what exactly are you worried about as it relates to travel and soccer?

The funny thing you act worried.

Covid only affects a small minority of people. You from reading the forums (or your kid) fall into none of those categories.

Reading the advice provided by notintheface is laughable. Remember you think masks are the key. So just wear one and don't worry, right? If they are as you say, you should have zero issues.

Further. Your DD or DS is in the least risky category. Mask or no mask there is no issue related to risk.

For you? From what you have said over the months you are young enough and also have no health issues. Which means you are not in the risk category either.

So what is the concern?

I don't think you have elderly people living with you. Also you don't go out and hang out at restaurants and bars, which means you won't spread anything.

So I ask, what exactly are you worried about as it relates to travel and soccer?
This thread is not the place to discuss whether the risk is real. If you want to have that argument, make your own thread.

Bye.

“Huntington Beach Curfew Breakers!” the flyer read. “If you are a free American and are more than non-essential, join us for a clear act of defiance against Newsom’s stay-at-home order. Come to Huntington Beach Pier, 10:01 p.m. Saturday Nov. 21.”

Daddy, please call the Sherriff, oh please save HB from the virus that only comes out after 10pm-5am. Help, help, help!!!

1606056417860.png

This thread is not the place to discuss whether the risk is real. If you want to have that argument, make your own thread.

Bye.
Thats incredibly ironic. I asked a similar thing in the Good News thread when you and your comrades were buzzkilling that thread. I think your rationalization was that you were providing a public service by setting us straight. Well here is my PSA, if your making driving decisions like limiting stops and eating while driving that is dangerous and proof of zero clue of risk assessment. This is exhibit A of how irrational fear of the virus has corrupted rational thought. If you're that worried about the virus why create a laundry list of token measures? Just wear a chemical warfare suit with a respirator and increase the limit on your life insurance.

Thats incredibly ironic. I asked a similar thing in the Good News thread when you and your comrades were buzzkilling that thread. I think your rationalization was that you were providing a public service by setting us straight. Well here is my PSA, if your making driving decisions like limiting stops and eating while driving that is dangerous and proof of zero clue of risk assessment. This is exhibit A of how irrational fear of the virus has corrupted rational thought. If you're that worried about the virus why create a laundry list of token measures? Just wear a chemical warfare suit with a respirator and increase the limit on your life insurance.
Or just stay home and wait for bat shot?

I’ve given up on setting you straight.

If you want to spread disease, I’m not able to stop you, and I’m no longer willing to try.

I started this thread because I wanted to figure out whether I needed to cancel my daughter’s participation in December tournaments. Part of that process is asking other people for their best ideas to limit spread when they travel.

Some people have been helpful, most have decided they are not interested in this thread.

A few come here to let me know that they need to be on my ignore list.

Bye.

If you want to spread disease, I’m not able to stop you, and I’m no longer willing to try.

I started this thread because I wanted to figure out whether I needed to cancel my daughter’s participation in December tournaments. Part of that process is asking other people for their best ideas to limit spread when they travel.

Some people have been helpful, most have decided they are not interested in this thread.

Bye.
Please dont go.......

Bye.
Again, I'd be happy to give you a tour of one of our 13 public facilities and show you how seriously I take Covid. To date we've had no workplace infections of our dozens of employees and thousands of customers and we've been open the whole time. Unlike you, I have to implement Covid protections in real life and not wax philosophical about them from under my bed.

I like you Dad4 and appreciate your take on certain things, but your continued tactic of mischaracterizing someone's argument to fit your narrative is really weak. Your welcome to disagree but your accusations that I'm spreading the virus are unfounded and unnecessary.

I gave you my honest assessment of my trip to AZ. its not the wild west of non mask wearing, however not everyone is following the rules to the letter of law on the sidelines. The beauty of choice is that you don't have to get within 6 feet of those people.

Bye.
@Dad is just frustrated because his preferred solutions, the same ones has has been advocating without changes since day one haven't worked.

Again, I'd be happy to give you a tour of one of our 13 public facilities and show you how seriously I take Covid. To date we've had no workplace infections of our dozens of employees and thousands of customers and we've been open the whole time. Unlike you, I have to implement Covid protections in real life and not wax philosophical about them from under my bed.

I like you Dad4 and appreciate your take on certain things, but your continued tactic of mischaracterizing someone's argument to fit your narrative is really weak. Your welcome to disagree but your accusations that I'm spreading the virus are unfounded and unnecessary.

I gave you my honest assessment of my trip to AZ. its not the wild west of non mask wearing, however not everyone is following the rules to the letter of law on the sidelines. The beauty of choice is that you don't have to get within 6 feet of those people.
Just to add...I hope you can get comfortable going, I suspect your DD will have a great time and will appreciate your effort. A 10 hour drive each way is a big commitment, like I said before, kudos.

Note that like every other state, TN is having a spike in cases.

Pay attention to where they seem not to come from.

Some people on here push that restaurants and bars are the culprits. They cannot actually pull studies. They do however pull quotes from people who THINK they are an issue. Big difference right?

Note that like every other state, TN is having a spike in cases.

Pay attention to where they seem not to come from.

Some people on here push that restaurants and bars are the culprits. They cannot actually pull studies. They do however pull quotes from people who THINK they are an issue. Big difference right?
Facts are irrelevant to a narrative. I think we all thought the air travel was one of the riskiest things we could do, in reality it turns out to be one of the safest.

If you want to reduce the risk of traveling to a tournament, flying is much safer, for Covid and other reasons.

“Huntington Beach Curfew Breakers!” the flyer read. “If you are a free American and are more than non-essential, join us for a clear act of defiance against Newsom’s stay-at-home order. Come to Huntington Beach Pier, 10:01 p.m. Saturday Nov. 21.”

Daddy, please call the Sherriff, oh please save HB from the virus that only comes out after 10pm-5am. Help, help, help!!!

View attachment 9528
i would but I'm asleep by 9:00 ;)

should you go or not? Well back during the AIDS crisis if you had to ask or wonder if the other person was infected with the virus maybe you shouldn't get with them. with this virus if you think there is a risk going outside of your house because other people aren't complying to your standards you should stay home. It seems as though you are willing to take the risk so your child can play soccer. Other people are taking that same risk but just not at your degree of cautiousness that doesn't make you right or them right just respect their decision. Best way 100%to not get it is stay home (abstinence) another way is mask up ( use protection) wash your hands ( no comment) still not sure then get tested (don't hit it)

should you go or not? Well back during the AIDS crisis if you had to ask or wonder if the other person was infected with the virus maybe you shouldn't get with them. with this virus if you think there is a risk going outside of your house because other people aren't complying to your standards you should stay home. It seems as though you are willing to take the risk so your child can play soccer. Other people are taking that same risk but just not at your degree of cautiousness that doesn't make you right or them right just respect their decision. Best way 100%to not get it is stay home (abstinence) another way is mask up ( use protection) wash your hands ( no comment) still not sure then get tested (don't hit it)
I eventually decided not.

I was willing to take the risk based on Sept numbers. I am not willing to take the risk based on Nov numbers.

Mostly this is because of the risk that I would spread it to others, rather than the risk to me.

If things calm back down, we may look for games early next year.

Back