College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

Oh and part of a plea deal is usually giving up goods on others to lessen your sentence. Are you saying that Salcedo fell on a sword for the women's staff or admin, and did not try to lessen his sentence? He is a husband and father. If he had the goods, he would have given them up.

Oh and part of a plea deal is usually giving up goods on others to lessen your sentence. Are you saying that Salcedo fell on a sword for the women's staff or admin, and did not try to lessen his sentence? He is a husband and father. If he had the goods, he would have given them up.

You might want to research a bit more before you continue your speculation.

No he was one part of a much wider problem, he admitted to his crime and pleaded guilty.

His lawyers filed that motion separately that details the systemstic problems as described in the LA times regarding UCLA.

He was a convenient scapegoat for the 50 other things that went down to place that player on the women's roster. One of these days your figure out that one wrong doesn't justify the other 50 things that where done, approved, and perpetuated by the women's program for a year supporting a fake ghost player.

Yes, I am aware of what it takes for a freshman to be eligible to compete. But, there is zero indication that she was truly rostered beyond showing up on the media guide and website. She never entered a game. I highly doubt they even ran her through compliance. Only the SID would have had to list her on those two sites. You act like she played a game for christ sake.

I am not excusing the women's staff. But I am also not judging them for what we do not know.

What we do know is that Salcedo took hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes. So he is a scumbag and a criminal. I really doubt that UCLA is covering up crimes from the Fed's for their womens soccer coach. Use a bit of common sense here.

Your obviously haven't been following through with any sense. The condition of that players accepted was that she remained on the roster for one year. They claimed she was just a practice player.

Any player that practices had to be cleared and approved by the NCAA and about 50 others things must be done, approved, waivers signed, etc. All this was done by the women's program, she was given a uniform, appeared in the team photos, etc. This went on for a year before the charade was exposed by the LA times.

What JS did is a seperate issue and your continuing confusing and justifying his one action for the other 50 done and perpetuated by the women's program.

Highly doubt your speculation will change the facts of what happen.

I have paid a lot of attention to this. There is zero indication she ever practiced. UCLA's internal policies are not the same as the NCAA. So UCLA can say she has to remain on the roster for a year, UCLA SID is told to put her on the roster on the website and media guide, but she is never submitted through compliance. It is not hard to see that this is a plausible scenario.

Criminals who accept bribes in the hundreds of thousands of dollars are not scapegoats. They are felons, prisoners.

A scapegoat is "a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency." He was blamed and pled guilty to his own wrongdoings. That is not a scapegoat.

As for the women's program, you are convicting them without knowledge. Are you aware of any conversations they may have had with their boss on this issue? Were they instructed to do this? Unlike you, I do not judge unless I know. I know the men's coach is guilty because he admitted to it.

He deflects and says UCLA has systematic issues, but he put $200,000 in his own damn pocket! Maybe UCLA unethically admits rich folks who donate to the school, but this is on him. He cashed bribery checks for personal gain.

I have paid a lot of attention to this. There is zero indication she ever practiced. UCLA's internal policies are not the same as the NCAA. So UCLA can say she has to remain on the roster for a year, UCLA SID is told to put her on the roster on the website and media guide, but she is never submitted through compliance. It is not hard to see that this is a plausible scenario.

Criminals who accept bribes in the hundreds of thousands of dollars are not scapegoats. They are felons, prisoners.

A scapegoat is "a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency." He was blamed and pled guilty to his own wrongdoings. That is not a scapegoat.

As for the women's program, you are convicting them without knowledge. Are you aware of any conversations they may have had with their boss on this issue? Were they instructed to do this? Unlike you, I do not judge unless I know. I know the men's coach is guilty because he admitted to it.

He deflects and says UCLA has systematic issues, but he put $200,000 in his own damn pocket! Maybe UCLA unethically admits rich folks who donate to the school, but this is on him. He cashed bribery checks for personal gain.

Again your speculating but the LA times and the women's program already are on record saying she was on the roster, practiced, received her jersey, was in the team pictures, those are the facts any no matter how much you want to paint a different picture the facts don't back up your speculation. There are players quoted that in fact this player did attend practice several times.

Simple you have zero facts and have presented nothing to back up any of your speculation.

Yeah your right the women's program in not guilty of anything but perpetuating a fraudulent player for year, gave her a jesery, put her on the roster and knew she had to remain there for year to be accepted. Those things are well documented.

You like most deflectors just keep using JS as a scapegoat and just keep beating that drum. Making up stuff doesn't make them pausable.

Please share where the "women's program already are on record saying she practiced and received a jersey." Also, show me the team photo she was in.

I have given you facts: The men's coach admitted he committed a crime. You made some things up (see my first sentence in this post) to support your assertions. Also, waiting on you to respond to whether or not they were directed to do this by their superiors? I suppose you do not know the answer though.

JS is a convicted felon serving time in prison for his crimes.

Please share where the "women's program already are on record saying she practiced and received a jersey." Also, show me the team photo she was in.

I have given you facts: The men's coach admitted he committed a crime. You made some things up (see my first sentence in this post) to support your assertions. Also, waiting on you to respond to whether or not they were directed to do this by their superiors? I suppose you do not know the answer though.

JS is a convicted felon serving time in prison for his crimes.

All ready been posted, reference the la times articles already linked in this post

Not going to rehash stuff that you didn't pay attention to.. you can search them if you want the truth but you had your mind made up before hand that the women's program was just doing some "favors". Yes the did and that's the problem.

JS took bribes in order to get LI on the women's soccer team roster. If she wasn't put on the roster she wouldn't have been accepted and her parents wouldn't have paid. She earned college credit for being in soccer for a year. The women's program was a enabler and did about 50 different things to make that happen including approvals, giving her a uniform, in the team photo, etc. That information remained on line even after the fact until the LA times exposed the charade and UCLA decided they better update that information.

Not going to speculate about some conversation that some people involved may or may not have had. There was a number of people involved besides JS and at least 3 from the women's staff that allowed this to happen for a year.

Just in case your memory continues to be selective read through the thread and pay closer attention. From post #40

These are the facts:

.. the players transcripts & test scores where forwarded to a UCLA women's soccer coach.

In 2016 player was accepted. on the condition she would participate on the women's team as a student athlete for a minimum of one year...

I could go on and on but no need to the documentation, articles, and shows the facts that the women's program was in on the charade from the beginning.

Somebody just send this and yes they did run this player through compliance.

The NCAA compliance officer at the time was reluctant to approve because she wasn't sure the student ever played soccer according to NBC news. With that profile it's fairly obviously it was fake and there no validation available or reference backing it up in media or records so she accepted a "backstory" from staff instead. Not to mention that profile might get a player into a junior college but not even a stiff at anywhere close to D1 and pales in comparison to any other player they had.

Somebody just send this and yes they did run this player through compliance.

The NCAA compliance officer at the time was reluctant to approve because she wasn't sure the student ever played soccer according to NBC news. With that profile it's fairly obviously it was fake and there no validation available or reference backing it up in media or records so she accepted a "backstory" from staff instead. Not to mention that profile might get a player into a junior college but not even a stiff at anywhere close to D1 and pales in comparison to any other player they had.

What does All-WBAL mean? I woukd think it would have said, "MVP of the WBAL League" not honorable mention of the WBAL.

What does All-WBAL mean? I woukd think it would have said, "MVP of the WBAL League" not honorable mention of the WBAL.

Some made up stuff that's so obviously fake that anybody that took some time to research would question like the NCAA compliance officer did at UCLA.

There where around 6 categorizes of people that participated enabling all the stuff to happen and go on for a while. Ring leader (s), entitled wealthy parents, corrupt bribable coaches and some that didn't necessarily take bribes or $ but where enablers, did favors, or just went along with the charade that includes athletic department staff staff such as coaches, trainers, admins.

At least with JS he's taken responsibility for his transgressions, admitted he made a series of poor decisions, payed his fines, doing the time. Others not so much but case is still on going

There are lots of little things you can find if you know where to look, not at the level of bribery to gain admission, but little ethical lapses even so. Coaches' biographies are often sanitized to remove any negative notes. Players sometimes claim honors they didn't really earn. Third-parties interfere with transfers, making deals in the shadows to get around NCAA regulations.

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Dude get over it. Cromwell is still employed at UCLA. TS is a convicted felon. But, according to you TS, the Feds, UCLA, its administrators are all covering up for her. The power that woman possesses!

Sure. ;)

Well I guess the politicians and More college admins wanted to get in on the ACT

"Mark Ridley-Thomas is accused of of conspiring with the then dean of USC’s School of Social Work, to steer county money to the school in return for admitting his son into graduate school with a full-tuition scholarship and a paid professorship"

Dude get over it. Cromwell is still employed at UCLA. TS is a convicted felon. But, according to you TS, the Feds, UCLA, its administrators are all covering up for her. The power that woman possesses!

Sure. ;)

There covering up for themselves as documented, your just too dense or gullible to put 2+2 together. Your wild speculation excuses about what they actually did was proven wrong ever time you posted and this one is no different.

Ethics be damn we will just abuse the system to do favors like you said, at least you got that right while adding zero new content or evidence to the conversation.

Ethics be damn we will just abuse the system to do favors like you said, at least you got that right while adding zero new content or evidence to the conversation.

Wait one second. He and others have pointed out that no one, not the LA Times, the feds, the NCAA, UCLA or the UC system has found anything Cromwell did wrong. Yet here you are demanding that he provide evidence to refute a conspiracy theory for which you can provide absolutely zero evidence that Cromwell did something unethical, and you can't even articulate what the conspiracy was. If there's anyone who should STFU because they don't have any proof of anything, it's you. Seriously, you're claiming someone is wrong to speculate about your speculation?

We all know Isacksen wasn't good enough to actually play. But we all also know that players end up on D1 teams all the time that had no business being there for lots of reasons. Ever heard of Snoop's kid? P Diddy's? Kory Alford? USC even made an offer to a 7 year old because they thought it might help land Marvin Bagley. Kids end up on rosters all the time who everyone knows will never play but the expectation is they'll be a good example and help when they can or can help recruit kids who can actually play. Is any of it illegal? No. Violate NCAA policies? No. Violate school policies? I guess that depends on the school and what happened.

You have zero information explaining what Cromwell's reason was for allowing it to happen. If she let her on the team because Salcedo told her it might help him recruit someone else, great, good for her being a team player. If she let her on the team because she wanted a practice player who would happily pick up cones (or serve as one) and carry water without causing trouble, and relied on Salcedo's recommendation, also great. Honestly, if you asked 100 D1 coaches whether they would rather fill a final roster spot with a practice player who accepts from the start that they will never, ever play but will gladly help out however possible, or a kid with unrealistic expectations and a dad like crush who will do nothing but cause trouble for the program over lack of playing time, anti-vax demands and hating kneelers, all 100 are going with Isaksen.

Wait one second. He and others have pointed out that no one, not the LA Times, the feds, the NCAA, UCLA or the UC system has found anything Cromwell did wrong. Yet here you are demanding that he provide evidence to refute a conspiracy theory for which you can provide absolutely zero evidence that Cromwell did something unethical, and you can't even articulate what the conspiracy was. If there's anyone who should STFU because they don't have any proof of anything, it's you. Seriously, you're claiming someone is wrong to speculate about your speculation?

We all know Isacksen wasn't good enough to actually play. But we all also know that players end up on D1 teams all the time that had no business being there for lots of reasons. Ever heard of Snoop's kid? P Diddy's? Kory Alford? USC even made an offer to a 7 year old because they thought it might help land Marvin Bagley. Kids end up on rosters all the time who everyone knows will never play but the expectation is they'll be a good example and help when they can or can help recruit kids who can actually play. Is any of it illegal? No. Violate NCAA policies? No. Violate school policies? I guess that depends on the school and what happened.

You have zero information explaining what Cromwell's reason was for allowing it to happen. If she let her on the team because Salcedo told her it might help him recruit someone else, great, good for her being a team player. If she let her on the team because she wanted a practice player who would happily pick up cones (or serve as one) and carry water without causing trouble, and relied on Salcedo's recommendation, also great. Honestly, if you asked 100 D1 coaches whether they would rather fill a final roster spot with a practice player who accepts from the start that they will never, ever play but will gladly help out however possible, or a kid with unrealistic expectations and a dad like crush who will do nothing but cause trouble for the program over lack of playing time, anti-vax demands and hating kneelers, all 100 are going with Isaksen.

Thanks for proving my points appreciate that.

Her's was the only name on the indictment see post 70 besides JC that indicated she participated in the charade from the get go. Call that a team player all you want but that's type of unethical team player anybody needs.

A simple no would have suffice but she didn't do that obviously so you can troll on with your fake alias name all you want.

Thanks for proving my points appreciate that.

Her's was the only name on the indictment see post 70 besides JC that indicated she participated in the charade from the get go. Call that a team player all you want but that's type of unethical team player anybody needs.

A simple no would have suffice but she didn't do that obviously so you can troll on with your fake alias name all you want.

Cromwell was being the team player by taking her on, not Isaksen, idiot. There is no evidence that Cromwell did anything unethical. None. Carry on with your conspiracy theories about the election being stolen, vaccines containing microchips and UCLA, the UC system, the LA Times and the feds all covering up criminal behavior by the coach of a program that loses almost three times as much as it generates in revenue.

Cromwell was being the team player by taking her on, not Isaksen, idiot. There is no evidence that Cromwell did anything unethical. None. Carry on with your conspiracy theories about the election being stolen, vaccines containing microchips and UCLA, the UC system, the LA Times and the feds all covering up criminal behavior by the coach of a program that loses almost three times as much as it generates in revenue.

Troll on. You're the biggest waste of space and time on this board.

At least GT is a mostly positive contributor, we may have a difference of opinion but that fine with me.

Nothing unethical about a fake player that was ran through compliance, received college credit, on a roster for two years as a "practice player" or manager depending on which spokesperson went on record stating multiple times.

No conspiracy theories needed there was a bunch of enablers as documented. Systematic problem that's apparently still on going as MRT and a Dean at USC where charged this week.

The issue as I saw it was that the coach had a limited number of passes she could hand out to allow players to skip past the usual entrance requirements, and she stood aside while one was sold to a non-player, even if she didn't get any of the money.

Troll on. You're the biggest waste of space and time on this board.

At least GT is a mostly positive contributor, we may have a difference of opinion but that fine with me.

Nothing unethical about a fake player that was ran through compliance, received college credit, on a roster for two years as a "practice player" or manager depending on which spokesperson went on record stating multiple times.

No conspiracy theories needed there was a bunch of enablers as documented. Systematic problem that's apparently still on going as MRT and a Dean at USC where charged this week.
I kinda get what you are saying but there is a lack of evidence.

I know a lot from personal experience that the Feds love to play a dirty little game called CONSPIRACY. I am shocked that Cromwell did not go down with JS on a conspiracy charge.

From my personal experience, when someone doesn’t go down it’s because they are a snitch/reliable source working for the government. I think it’s plausible that the initial snitch had limited information and Cromwell was the weak leak in the chain and when pressed she got diarrhea about the mouth.

Back