Coaching Changes 2022

I’ll predict the SMC coach for USC or UCLA.
former Notre Dame coach and did something at SMC no other coach has done since Paul Ratclife.

Yeah Ward is pretty much set for life at Pepperdine.

I’ll predict the SMC coach for USC or UCLA.
former Notre Dame coach and did something at SMC no other coach has done since Paul Ratclife.

Yeah Ward is pretty much set for life at Pepperdine.

Earlier today SMC announced a contract extension for Theresa Romagnolo.

we
Earlier today SMC announced a contract extension for Theresa Romagnolo.
nice and we’ll deserved. But I know she’s not getting paid 250k so UCLA has to be very attractive to her unless she has family in the Bay Area. Her resume is stellar and I can’t think of anyone better than her at the moment..

we

nice and we’ll deserved. But I know she’s not getting paid 250k so UCLA has to be very attractive to her unless she has family in the Bay Area. Her resume is stellar and I can’t think of anyone better than her at the moment..
But you have to ask yourself why she left Notre Dame after three seasons? If it was the pressure, than she will not want UCLA. And, her contract extension today shows she is set at St Marys now. You don't sign today while still talking to other schools. That is not how it works. St Marys locked her in today.

After earning upwards of 250k at UCLA she now has enough money to live quite well back in Florida.

Tim Ward to UCLA for 250k or more? Maybe he leaves unless Pepperdine matches that salary.

or perhaps Cromwells successor at her last stint, Tiffany Roberts.
Zero chance of Tiffany Roberts to UCLA. First she has her husband on staff. UCLA doesn't need to hire husband-wife coaching staffs. Second she has taken the UCF program backwards. They had a losing record in conference this year, and finished 8-7-1.

Not related at all to Varsity Blues scandal?

who knows, I’m sure that annoyed her. Are people still talking about that 3 years later?

maybe she is tired of recruiting, tired of having to hear parents bitch about playing time , having to cozy up to DOCs across the country, accomplished really all she could at UCLA and wanted a new challenge?

pro coaching lifestyle seems to be better across the board in all sports , plus really zero risk for her . She could find another college job In a heartbeat

who knows, I’m sure that annoyed her. Are people still talking about that 3 years later?

maybe she is tired of recruiting, tired of having to hear parents bitch about playing time , having to cozy up to DOCs across the country, accomplished really all she could at UCLA and wanted a new challenge?

pro coaching lifestyle seems to be better across the board in all sports , plus really zero risk for her . She could find another college job In a heartbeat
That's the problem with youth soccer. As a parent who does not do cozy well, I saw that game this was how the game is played back when my kid was 13. When Doc lies right out of the gate, no cozy in that at all. Player has to try and cozy up and that can be dangerous as well. I have a suggestion: No more Cozy middleman in soccer and all shall go better.

But you have to ask yourself why she left Notre Dame after three seasons? If it was the pressure, than she will not want UCLA. And, her contract extension today shows she is set at St Marys now. You don't sign today while still talking to other schools. That is not how it works. St Marys locked her in today.
I suppose it depends on how long g the extension was and for how much. Money talks . She could carve out it a long career like randy Bennet has.

I suppose it depends on how long g the extension was and for how much. Money talks . She could carve out it a long career like randy Bennet has.
St Mary's just announced the extension on its extension yesterday. This was obvioulsy done to lock her in. They made a commitment to each other. She is not going anywhere.

Why not? Lastman and a few others have heard the same rumor and now we got predictions about the great Deza to UCLA. He can coach possession unlike any other coach and would make UCLA the team to beat for next year season, moo. #1 recruiting class again so no more excuses. This is the greatest job in girls soccer and the greatest school to work at. Location is flat out amazing. Who do you think will come in to lead the charge if not Deza?

Why not? Lastman and a few others have heard the same rumor and now we got predictions about the great Deza to UCLA. He can coach possession unlike any other coach and would make UCLA the team to beat for next year season, moo. #1 recruiting class again so no more excuses. This is the greatest job in girls soccer and the greatest school to work at. Location is flat out amazing. Who do you think will come in to lead the charge if not Deza?

how much is Surf paying him a year?

Has Deza ever been a college assistant or college head coach? If not, then he is not getting consideration for UCLA. College coaching is about way more than soccer x's and o's.

St Mary's just announced the extension on its extension yesterday. This was obvioulsy done to lock her in. They made a commitment to each other. She is not going anywhere.

She signed the best contract in front of her. UCLA is a premier job at a premier University. If she applies and is offered she's gone at fast as Cristobal left Oregon to Miami.

She signed the best contract in front of her. UCLA is a premier job at a premier University. If she applies and is offered she's gone at fast as Cristobal left Oregon to Miami.
You truly are clueless how this works. She signed the contract when she did to make a statement that she is not looking. It is possible she was having conversations with another university, so St Mary's stepped up. Or St Mary's was being proactive and wanted her long term commitment. Have you followed college sports at all? When a coach signs an extension during hiring season, that means they are staying.

Cristobal did not sign the extension offer from Oregen. If he had, he would have stayed. See how that works.

You truly are clueless how this works. She signed the contract when she did to make a statement that she is not looking. It is possible she was having conversations with another university, so St Mary's stepped up. Or St Mary's was being proactive and wanted her long term commitment. Have you followed college sports at all? When a coach signs an extension during hiring season, that means they are staying.

Cristobal did not sign the extension offer from Oregen. If he had, he would have stayed. See how that works.
Are you privy to her contract? If not then you have no idea what's in it and you are clueless.

Back