CalSouth Return to Play Waiver

Interesting, so this means if a parent doesn’t want to sign this waiver, the club cannot allow the kid to play? I’m wondering if this creates a loophole for parents looking at pulling kids out of club soccer and asking for reimbursement

No won't sign that without modifications.

Cal south basically just wants your $$ and takes no responsibility for anything.

You pay and follow 7 pages with of new stuff and it's up to you & your club to implement of all this new stuff. Don't ask Cal South to provide anything or help out.

My dd is almost 18. I will sign and so shall she. No one in OC under 24 has died from the virus flu. I will also add I won;t hold liable head injury or acl tear or death for that matter. Let's play ball and let's get Surf Cup going. I don't care anymore what bracket my kid is in. You can put us in the "Least Best" bracket. I smell the Ocean Breeze blowing through Oceanside. Lets the games begin. Let's all be safe too and wear our mask when in large crowds. I have a friend who is in the works of a special mask for soccer players. Logos and everything.

I've seen a copy of the "MLS Elite Youth Development Waiver" and its a 3 page mini novel. In addition to communicable diseases you assume all risks and waive all potential claims related to concussions, sub-concussive blows, head injuries etc.

I have zero problem signing it. If I had a youth sports business I'd request the same waivers. Individuals have to take responsibility for their own risks without always playing the victim and looking for someone to sue.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s your choice as parent/guardian to allow your kid, family, etc. to assume the risks. It’s your choice. Expecting an organization to provide you a safety net or assume responsibility/liability for your child for a $50 player registration card fee is naive. Cal South can’t really control what the member clubs do-there’s no real oversight mechanism, they can’t control what families and parents do in their home, work, or on their own. They are providing a framework/governing body/organization for play just as before. Clubs will have the same release and hold harmless language. We are adding it at work to our employment contracts. You can’t hold people/organizations responsible for things they don’t own, control or manage. In the unlikely event your kid gets sick, the responsibility is squarely on you for letting them play, the parent/guardian. That’s the risk you are taking by participating. Same as assuming the risk of injury, getting other things that kids pass around, etc.

I've seen a copy of the "MLS Elite Youth Development Waiver" and its a 3 page mini novel. In addition to communicable diseases you assume all risks and waive all potential claims related to concussions, sub-concussive blows, head injuries etc.

I have zero problem signing it. If I had a youth sports business I'd request the same waivers. Individuals have to take responsibility for their own risks without always playing the victim and looking for someone to sue.
My dd is surfing again today and she has a way higher chance of a shark eating her leg or arm and die by bleeding to death, she could get hit by her board in the head and die. She could get hit by another surfer by accident and die. She could drown on a big day by being pulled down by her leash by a wave. She could could get hit by a car walking to the beach. She could get cancer. I know one thing she won;t die of and i'm willing to bet my life savings, my properties, my assets and everything she won;t die of the flu virus. Let's get the games begin. These kids are getting very restless and that is not healthy. Soccer for all!!!

You should see the YNT camp waiver - much scarier - parents sign it anyway because it's cool to be selected. Let them play, take precautions, be adults, model good behavior to your kids. Your choice - murica.

No won't sign that without modifications.

Cal south basically just wants your $$ and takes no responsibility for anything.

You pay and follow 7 pages with of new stuff and it's up to you & your club to implement of all this new stuff. Don't ask Cal South to provide anything or help out.
So if you don’t get the modifications, your basically saying your child won’t play soccer?
Just curios.

So if you don’t get the modifications, your basically saying your child won’t play soccer?
Just curios.

Nope by player has a current usclub card and registration for 20-21 so I don't need to deal with Cal South.

Return to play and the other guidelines from them have been out for weeks & my club has there own other waviers I signed those with some strikeouts , no problems

Nope by player has a current usclub card and registration for 20-21 so I don't need to deal with Cal South.

Return to play and the other guidelines from them have been out for weeks & my club has there own other waviers I signed those with some strikeouts , no problems
I can guarantee you there will be a waiver if you want to play in the Surf Cup. There will also be one if you want to play in ECNL showcase. There is already one if you want to stay at the Disney Resort when it re-opens.

Best of luck to you if you think they will all accommodate you and your kid by allowing strikeouts in these waivers.

Who wouldn't? People who want to let their kid play soccer but want to reserve the right to sue Cal South for enabling that?
I just reviewed the waiver and there is no way it will hold up in court if someone gets ill. I am an attorney and some of the language they have used and included is surprising given Cal South has attorney's who review things. I would anticipate there will be another version coming out that is not as poorly written as the one being circulated.

And that’s the problem with the entitlement. Parents who reserve the right to sue if their child gets covid. If you truly believe that you should be able to put a lawsuit on calsouth for covid, I would never want you on my team. Nobody can confirm that your child would get covid. Just simply don’t put your child on any type of sport or summer camp this year.

You should see the YNT camp waiver - much scarier - parents sign it anyway because it's cool to be selected. Let them play, take precautions, be adults, model good behavior to your kids. Your choice - murica.
I’m sure as avid soccer parents we all want to see the YNT camp waiver...with our kid’s name on it.

Not one I have to be concerned with but these waivers are getting thicker by the day.

When you have to read through multiple pages of stuff, have all these things posted, checked, screened all the time it's like you need to have a onsite team of people now doing paperwork or something.

Anyway, my player is old enough he takes a interest in what these say, asks questions and doesn't necessarily have an opinion right away. Might talk to the coach or other players first. Normally have to give him a few days but I don't sign anything without his commitment and understanding.

Back