Blues COVID email

Right. The stock market tanked yesterday, one of the reasons was fears of further lockdowns in Europe due to higher virus cases. Maybe read the headlines before you post stuff.
do you even watch the stock market ? its been doing that since march. maybe know what you are talking about before posting anything

Sure, I’ll bite...I know we are in different camps regarding this....I’ve got the answers our family needs to make decisions for our group.

I feel our State Leadership has been irresponsible and has nothing to do with Soccer. Yes, the Rona will kill at-risk people, same with many other diseases, etc...we do not stop the world for those. Every day there are reports of issues with data, poor reporting, etc, etc...yet we are told to follow bad data and trust the science (aka our State Government). OK...you really trust what is marketed/messages by the media? You trust California’s updates, and you believe Newsome is doing a good job? Seriously?

It’s time to get our State back open, Economy on track, kids in real school, and people back to work (if you want to stay home, shelter, and quarantine...fine...do it..your decision). People are getting fed-up and are starting to accept the risk and live their lives. Things are starting to get more loose, people are tired of the politicalization of the issue and people have had it...here is some data for you...94+% of the deaths from the Rona are 55 and older...People under 55 have a higher chance of dying from an accident - Car, Home, etc. than from the Rona...Did you know that? Stop driving people, don’t clean your gutters, or perform household projects...it’s dangerous out there.

It’s literally more deadly and dangerous to drive a car than to die of the Corona Virus for the 55 and younger group.

Edited...forgot to add those driving with masks and gloves are taking the extra super special safety precautions. Thumbs up!

Wishful thinking.

Sure, I’ll bite...I know we are in different camps regarding this....I’ve got the answers our family needs to make decisions for our group.

I feel our State Leadership has been irresponsible and has nothing to do with Soccer. Yes, the Rona will kill at-risk people, same with many other diseases, etc...we do not stop the world for those. Every day there are reports of issues with data, poor reporting, etc, etc...yet we are told to follow bad data and trust the science (aka our State Government). OK...you really trust what is marketed/messages by the media? You trust California’s updates, and you believe Newsome is doing a good job? Seriously?

It’s time to get our State back open, Economy on track, kids in real school, and people back to work (if you want to stay home, shelter, and quarantine...fine...do it..your decision). People are getting fed-up and are starting to accept the risk and live their lives. Things are starting to get more loose, people are tired of the politicalization of the issue and people have had it...here is some data for you...94+% of the deaths from the Rona are 55 and older...People under 55 have a higher chance of dying from an accident - Car, Home, etc. than from the Rona...Did you know that? Stop driving people, don’t clean your gutters, or perform household projects...it’s dangerous out there.

It’s literally more deadly and dangerous to drive a car than to die of the Corona Virus for the 55 and younger group.

Edited...forgot to add those driving with masks and gloves are taking the extra super special safety precautions. Thumbs up!

The only real way to know exactly how many bones you’ll break jumping off a four story building is to do it. And since the science can’t figure out the exact number with 100% certainty in advance, you should just assume you’ll be fine. So irresponsible of the media to suggest that it’s almost certainly gonna hurt. What do they know?

Of course, even if you don’t survive, @MSK357 will just claim you would have lived but for your heartburn or other “comorbidity” and encourage others to keep jumping.

The only real way to know exactly how many bones you’ll break jumping off a four story building is to do it. And since the science can’t figure out the exact number with 100% certainty in advance, you should just assume you’ll be fine. So irresponsible of the media to suggest that it’s almost certainly gonna hurt. What do they know?

Of course, even if you don’t survive, @MSK357 will just claim you would have lived but for your heartburn or other “comorbidity” and encourage others to keep jumping.

Big difference between jumping off a building and driving. Data suggests more likely to die from an accident than Corona under 55...

The media on both sides can be very irresponsible at times and tilt the story to their networks position. Listen, research other sources and make your own conclusions. I trust the media on objective events such as natural disasters....I don’t trust the media on subjective narratives.

Your analogy for bone breaking is the same for this Virus...we all know there is a degree of risk jumping off a building or getting inside six feet of somebody and not wearing a mask. I’d argue that the risk of injury or death is higher with the building jump, than letting you kid play soccer, watching a game, or going outside without a mask or getting inside 6 ft of someone. You risk is extremely low if you don’t jump or hide under a rock.

Not hearing a lot about infection clusters due to kids sports...what does the science say about that. At some point you need to use some common sense and trust what you see and observe, not just what somebody on TV, wearing make-up, a tie, and reading off a teleprompter tells you...and I’m not talking about our country’s Democratic Presidential Candidate.

Btw...nothing is 100% or absolute except that at some point we will all die from something. If you are waiting for an “all clear” you’ll be under that rock forever.

My kids hate online school. I'm sure most kids hate it. If your school opens up with whatever precautions, what is the next step when there are confirmed Covid cases in your kids school or in their class?

My kids hate online school. I'm sure most kids hate it. If your school opens up with whatever precautions, what is the next step when there are confirmed Covid cases in your kids school or in their class?
3 kids, 3 schools for me.

ES/MS is stable cohort. A cohort is sent home for 2 weeks for each positive test. Other cohorts are not sent home.

HS is planning on normal schedule, 4 days in person, 6 days remote. No clear policy on who stays home when someone tests positive.

JC is totally remote, plus cross fingers and hope for in person classes next term.

The next step is to deny they got it at school. And deny they gave it to their parents, friends, grandparents, family with comorbidities, their soccer coach, their teachers, their classmates who then gave it to all of their parents, grandparents, friends and family with comorbidities, their soccer coach, their teachers, etc.

You see, everything is fine as long as you deny why this keeps spreading, the legitimacy of the scientists who are explaining it and the media that reports what the scientists are saying, your role in causing it to spread, even the fact that people are dying from it in the first place. Damn heartburn, the silent killer.

Herman Cain Award recipient of the week (posthumous of course): Tony Tenpenny.

Big difference between jumping off a building and driving. Data suggests more likely to die from an accident than Corona under 55...

Serious question. How many more people are you willing to have die from this thing? Not looking for a long, drawn out explanation of "oh everyone's going to get it sooner or later" or "we'll lose more people from mental health issues" or "smoking kills more people than 9/11" or whatever. Just looking for a number. Another 100k? Another 200k? 500k? 1m? Just respond with a number of people you're willing to have die from the virus.

Serious question. How many more people are you willing to have die from this thing? Not looking for a long, drawn out explanation of "oh everyone's going to get it sooner or later" or "we'll lose more people from mental health issues" or "smoking kills more people than 9/11" or whatever. Just looking for a number. Another 100k? Another 200k? 500k? 1m? Just respond with a number of people you're willing to have die from the virus.

a. You assume we have any control over the numbers. Short of rushing a vaccine and teatments and an Australian style suspension of civil liberties (and one that will continue until such vaccine and treatments can reach at least 80% of the population) there's not much you can do about it. At this point all government efforts short of Australia or communist regime lockdowns or being an island (which isn't possible for us) have failed to contain the thing. So the only thing we can do is try and minimize numbers. And no one is advocating dragging out old people from the nursing homes and throwing keggers for them. Even Sweden had limitations...we just disagree on what's "reasonable".
b. You can't just look at benefit (i.e., lives saved), You also have to weigh the costs. The costs include economics, lives lost due to lockdown, harm on children. We could save lives from car crashes too if we drop the speed limit to 20 miles per hour everywhere and require foam bumpers on cars. So the correct question that you should be asking is if a particular policy can save X lives (knowing that the policy isn't going to get mortality from COVID down to zero) are you willing to do y knowing it will cost z. Math hard.

So the only thing we can do is try and minimize numbers. And no one is advocating dragging out old people from the nursing homes and throwing keggers for them. Even Sweden had limitations...we just disagree on what's "reasonable".
b. You can't just look at benefit (i.e., lives saved), You also have to weigh the costs.

Okay, so what's the number of people you're willing to have die from the virus?

[
a. You assume we have any control over the numbers. Short of rushing a vaccine and teatments and an Australian style suspension of civil liberties (and one that will continue until such vaccine and treatments can reach at least 80% of the population) there's not much you can do about it. At this point all government efforts short of Australia or communist regime lockdowns or being an island (which isn't possible for us) have failed to contain the thing. So the only thing we can do is try and minimize numbers. And no one is advocating dragging out old people from the nursing homes and throwing keggers for them. Even Sweden had limitations...we just disagree on what's "reasonable".
b. You can't just look at benefit (i.e., lives saved), You also have to weigh the costs. The costs include economics, lives lost due to lockdown, harm on children. We could save lives from car crashes too if we drop the speed limit to 20 miles per hour everywhere and require foam bumpers on cars. So the correct question that you should be asking is if a particular policy can save X lives (knowing that the policy isn't going to get mortality from COVID down to zero) are you willing to do y knowing it will cost z. Math hard.

That is exactly the question he is asking. How many dead people (X) are too many to justify your selfish little soccer trip to Utah (Y1), in person school (Y2) and whatever the f**k else you want (Y3+). You can avoid answering all you want, but your doing so says everything we need to know. There is no amount of dead people that will ever be too many for you.

Okay, so what's the number of people you're willing to have die from the virus?

Seriously, it's like explaining to my sixth grader why his algebra problem set is wrong even though he thinks he got the right answer.

a. "willing"...you are assuming control we don't have. If you compare results from Peru (harsh lockdowns, mask mandates) and Brazil (President who blew it off and went nearly full Sweden plus higher population density than Peru), Peru did worse on the 3 metrics: cases per thousand, hospitalizations and deaths.
b. The answer isn't x. X doesn't mean anything. X is nonsensical. It only shows, like my 6th grader, you don't understand the problem. A policy is analyzed by x= lives saves where y was the particular policy applied and z is the cost. The question is whether x<z when y is applied.

[

That is exactly the question he is asking. How many dead people (X) are too many to justify your selfish little soccer trip to Utah (Y1), in person school (Y2) and whatever the f**k else you want (Y3+). You can avoid answering all you want, but your doing so says everything we need to know. There is no amount of dead people that will ever be too many for you.

Lovely to have you back....can't wait til the other 2 get out of prison to join us. You all add so much to the conversation. To answer the question you'd have to outline the exact parameters of the policy in place and define y. Only then can I tell if you I feel x<z.

The next step is to deny they got it at school. And deny they gave it to their parents, friends, grandparents, family with comorbidities, their soccer coach, their teachers, their classmates who then gave it to all of their parents, grandparents, friends and family with comorbidities, their soccer coach, their teachers, etc.

You see, everything is fine as long as you deny why this keeps spreading, the legitimacy of the scientists who are explaining it and the media that reports what the scientists are saying, your role in causing it to spread, even the fact that people are dying from it in the first place. Damn heartburn, the silent killer.

Herman Cain Award recipient of the week (posthumous of course): Tony Tenpenny.
Herman Cain award. Ha, who is he? He doesn't exist. Tenpenny's wife says on social media he has a big realization to unload, when he's able to breathe without a venilator at 100% (currently at 50%).

3 kids, 3 schools for me.

ES/MS is stable cohort. A cohort is sent home for 2 weeks for each positive test. Other cohorts are not sent home.

HS is planning on normal schedule, 4 days in person, 6 days remote. No clear policy on who stays home when someone tests positive.

JC is totally remote, plus cross fingers and hope for in person classes next term.
Great feedback.

Back