Bad News Thread

Typical of the type drawn to trumpism.

hah that’s funny. I’m an Obama voter. Even campaigned and donated to him. I grew disillusioned though with the way the ds went afterwards particular with lockdowns. Not a trump fan either. I hope the rs are able to find someone better than him without swinging back to the establishment cronies

The politician I actually like most is Tulsi. She’s awesome.

This is interesting. Pretty much everywhere in the country is now passed their wave and had a fairly steep peak except: a) northern New England (which seems to be mid rise right now), b) the Pacific NY (from roughly north of San Francisco to Seattle....why is that?), and c) the islands of Puerto Rico and Hawaii. TX is also still in the balance.

Looking back through Prof's tweets is illuminating.

hah that’s funny. I’m an Obama voter. Even campaigned and donated to him. I grew disillusioned though with the way the ds went afterwards particular with lockdowns. Not a trump fan either. I hope the rs are able to find someone better than him without swinging back to the establishment cronies

The politician I actually like most is Tulsi. She’s awesome.

That’s why the libtards buried Tulsi early. Too sensible and not radically stupid enough.

Trump didn't get to any better of a start but so far Biden's Covid management has been lackluster (yeah, I know it's only been a handful of days...hope he finds his feet):

-He did a federal mask mandate only to have he and his family break it hours later.
-His admin then compounded the error by justifying it by saying he was celebrating
-His admin promised to roll out 100M in vaccine only to have it be pointed out we were on track to make that figure in 100 days
-His admin bashed the Trump policy saying they had no distribution plan only to be contradicted by Fauci a few hours later
-He admitted there was not a whole lot we could do to control the course of the pandemic, despite spending months saying Trump failed to control the pandemic (which o.k. he could have said well my admin needs time) but he (and especially Harris) had said they'd actually bring the pandemic under control.
-He hasn't addressed the issues of schools yet in depth (despite moves by some teachers unions to push full in person learning back until 2022 when all kids can be vaccinated and the EU authorization lifted so they can mandate it).
-Though he didn't have a direct role in the treatment of the Guard (that's controlled by Pelosi and the Capitol police), he's been relatively quiet on their treatment and the COVID outbreak taking place among them (Trump to troll the Ds opened up the Trump hotel to deployed Guard and law enforcement)
-His Covid policy seems mainly to ask Congress to print up more money.

On the other hand, it looks like the war in the Republican Party is heating up. Liz Cheney's career is in its death throws and the knives are out for McConnell. To get a look at their thinking see the attached.

Trump didn't get to any better of a start but so far Biden's Covid management has been lackluster (yeah, I know it's only been a handful of days...hope he finds his feet):

-He did a federal mask mandate only to have he and his family break it hours later.
-His admin then compounded the error by justifying it by saying he was celebrating
-His admin promised to roll out 100M in vaccine only to have it be pointed out we were on track to make that figure in 100 days
-His admin bashed the Trump policy saying they had no distribution plan only to be contradicted by Fauci a few hours later
-He admitted there was not a whole lot we could do to control the course of the pandemic, despite spending months saying Trump failed to control the pandemic (which o.k. he could have said well my admin needs time) but he (and especially Harris) had said they'd actually bring the pandemic under control.
-He hasn't addressed the issues of schools yet in depth (despite moves by some teachers unions to push full in person learning back until 2022 when all kids can be vaccinated and the EU authorization lifted so they can mandate it).
-Though he didn't have a direct role in the treatment of the Guard (that's controlled by Pelosi and the Capitol police), he's been relatively quiet on their treatment and the COVID outbreak taking place among them (Trump to troll the Ds opened up the Trump hotel to deployed Guard and law enforcement)
-His Covid policy seems mainly to ask Congress to print up more money.

On the other hand, it looks like the war in the Republican Party is heating up. Liz Cheney's career is in its death throws and the knives are out for McConnell. To get a look at their thinking see the attached.

I'm going to give him a month or so on covid. As a progressive, I'm more focused on other areas as I really think that's where the democratic base will go awry if he doesn't listen. The Bernie crowd will abandon if he doesn't get things done like removing school loan debt, etc. I want to push pressure on Biden, but probably for different reasons than you. At least it's possible with this administration -- Trump was a non-starter.

On the schooling front, I hope this is an opportunity to pump more money into public schools. Imagine having classrooms capped at 15. Create more teaching jobs, more jobs to build more schools, and ultimately provide better education. Seems like there could be some real opportunity there.

I'm going to give him a month or so on covid. As a progressive, I'm more focused on other areas as I really think that's where the democratic base will go awry if he doesn't listen. The Bernie crowd will abandon if he doesn't get things done like removing school loan debt, etc. I want to push pressure on Biden, but probably for different reasons than you. At least it's possible with this administration -- Trump was a non-starter.

On the schooling front, I hope this is an opportunity to pump more money into public schools. Imagine having classrooms capped at 15. Create more teaching jobs, more jobs to build more schools, and ultimately provide better education. Seems like there could be some real opportunity there.

Problem is there aren't the votes in the Senate for this. Anything that goes through will need to be a combination of Collins-Murkowski-Romney-Manchen-Sinema who are hostile to Trumpism but also to progressivism....they aren't progressives. And they only have 1 or 2 bites using reconciliation for something. Biden has implied he'll use at least 1 for Covid/stimulus and he wants to try another on immigration. You are basically predicting that the Bernie crowd will abandon him, which I agree is more likely to happen (hence his executive orders). In the house as well he only has what is it.....6 votes to play with....

As a counter point to my last post, the pandemic has and will be a story less of the screw up of our political leaders (but yeah, they did/are screwing up), but mostly of our expert classes......

Problem is there aren't the votes in the Senate for this. Anything that goes through will need to be a combination of Collins-Murkowski-Romney-Manchen-Sinema who are hostile to Trumpism but also to progressivism....they aren't progressives. And they only have 1 or 2 bites using reconciliation for something. Biden has implied he'll use at least 1 for Covid/stimulus and he wants to try another on immigration. You are basically predicting that the Bernie crowd will abandon him, which I agree is more likely to happen (hence his executive orders). In the house as well he only has what is it.....6 votes to play with....

You may be right. I guess I'm hopeful that at some point people will finally realize that establishment politicians, on both sides, inherently aren't focused on their constituents. It's frustrating knowing that if the people knew how much power they actually have this country could be a better place for everyone.

You’ve stepped in Magoo Poo...best to take off your shoes, throw them away and move on.....
No, keep the shoes on and wipe the sh*t off his door step. Never give up!!!

Just Like the Good Old Days: Joe Biden Invades Syria with Convoy of US Troops and Choppers on First Full Day as President

Magoo and his side kick EOTL are for fear, death and darkness. They support war, death & destruction, invasions of another country, no freedom and more and more abortions and no soccer in California.

Just to emphasize this, most Americans support progressive policies:

etc....

Republican politicians push broken policies that support trickle down economics and privatization by misdirecting people towards issues around religion, abortion, and immigration. Democrats don't do anything because neoliberals aren't much different than republicans and they just deflect by blaming their inability to get anything done on republicans. We all lose in the end. Funny what power and money can do.

Just to emphasize this, most Americans support progressive policies:
I would like to put an emphasis on law & order and I believe most would support. Most important though is respecting the gift of life and treat others as you would one to be treated. You must ask yourself this question as your sleeping in you mommy's tummy Nocal from HB. Do I want to born? If your answer is "no!!!" then you hate life. If you answer yes, then you will want other babies in the womb to be born. This is where life starts. No more selling baby parts bro. If we can all agree that this not good but just evil, then we can have a beautiful and very progressive life for all :)

Republican politicians push broken policies that support trickle down economics and privatization by misdirecting people towards issues around religion, abortion, and immigration. Democrats don't do anything because neoliberals aren't much different than republicans and they just deflect by blaming their inability to get anything done on republicans. We all lose in the end. Funny what power and money can do.

IIRC surveys of the American public show that they are really very liberal when it comes to economics (who doesn't love free stuff) and really quite conservative when it comes to social issues and law and order. So, a little bit for both parties to hate. It's why Trumpism could dominate the electorate if it managed to get free from the trickle down history of the R Party and find a more effective, less crazy person to sell it.

IIRC surveys of the American public show that they are really very liberal when it comes to economics (who doesn't love free stuff) and really quite conservative when it comes to social issues and law and order. So, a little bit for both parties to hate. It's why Trumpism could dominate the electorate if it managed to get free from the trickle down history of the R Party and find a more effective, less crazy person to sell it.

Then it wouldn't be Trumpism.

Back