Bad News Thread

What did they get wrong?

1611290219738.png

Have not verified the veracity of this tweet but it's consistent with some things I'm hearing out of education circles and the LA Times piece from the LA Unified Sup. The unions are beginning to move forward the idea that schools should not be fully reopened until children are vaccinated. For the 16-18 that may be early-late summer depending when we get the AZ or J&J vaccines approved. For the 12-16 it's between early fall-winter. For the under 12s it's increasingly looking like 2022.

@kickingandscreaming as I said before, the emergency will be over in at max 100 days as the elderly get vaccinated. This is increasingly a political fight, Expect the same fight in LA County, though the dynamics may shift if Newsom is in fact recalled.

I'm always eager to learn. Show me.

Nah. You'll say I stand by the sources, almost all of which are pro life. I don't know if they are reputable or not. Further, again don't care...the issue is kind of irrelevant to me. If you really are "eager to learn" take a deep dive into the pro life sources.

Nah. You'll say I stand by the sources, almost all of which are pro life. I don't know if they are reputable or not. Further, again don't care...the issue is kind of irrelevant to me. If you really are "eager to learn" take a deep dive into the pro life sources.

Again (I have lost track of the number of times) you make a statement and then expect me to do your research for you.

Again (I have lost track of the number of times) you make a statement and then expect me to do your research for you.

You're the one who cares about this point. I don't. I find it irrelevant. I've lost track of the number of times you go off on irrelevant tangents because you don't understand what the rest of us are talking about and it goes over your head.

You're the one who cares about this point. I don't. I find it irrelevant. I've lost track of the number of times you go off on irrelevant tangents because you don't understand what the rest of us are talking about and it goes over your head.

You mean like the e scale?

Knock knock- the sad thing is, I think you are both smart, and probably know a lot more than I do about all the things. Build a bridge people! We can do this- lessss go!

Thanks for proving my point by going down another rabbit hole! You even cite another conversation which 2 of us were having in which you jumped in because you didn't understand what we were talking about.

Do you see where you jumped to an unwarranted conclusion there?

Here's a hint -- if you want to have a private conversation with someone, an open forum isn't the place to do it.

Knock knock- the sad thing is, I think you are both smart, and probably know a lot more than I do about all the things. Build a bridge people! We can do this- lessss go!

Oh he's really smart. He's no dumb dumb. But the issue (maybe because of his age) is he has a tendency to get lost and only gets half the fragment of what's being talked about, hence that certain cartoon character. I've extended my hand several times to build a bridge but he always insists on being less courteous and/or gracious. It's why it's funny he was calling out Scott m Shuersom....pot/kettle.

Do you see where you jumped to an unwarranted conclusion there?

Here's a hint -- if you want to have a private conversation with someone, an open forum isn't the place to do it.

See response above. I'm not saying it's a private conversation. I'm saying you have a tendency to get lost, to miss the forest for the trees, of the conversation which is happening.

That's an odd argument.
It is not when you think about how the loyalty let's say of Senator's changed.

Prior to the passage they were beholden to the interests of their states.

Post they became creatures of Washington. Nationwide interests buy them off now, vs being interested in state power due to that is where their base was.

After the 17th, Senators became beholden to interests in and around Washington vs interests in Phx or Sacramento per say.

This has been one of the reasons the balance between states and feds has tilted heavily towards the feds.

That is a simplistic explanation of what the 17th did.

@Grace T. Did you see your acquaintances recent slip up:

This one definitely made me laugh out loud.
He’s just repeating his dear leader. Stupid runs thick in that crowd.

See response above. I'm not saying it's a private conversation. I'm saying you have a tendency to get lost, to miss the forest for the trees, of the conversation which is happening.
espola was so nice to me when I first came here. I looked to him for sage advice. He ignores me now. Both of you are very intellectual and dam smart. Many on here are so smart. I could never compete so I just became a smart ass and then I kick ass on the play ground sports and water sports. I thrive outside, not inside. I'm learning how to talk and write without being so emotional and with that chip on my right shoulder.

Biden Press Secretary Already Dodging Questions on How Biden Will Expand Abortion

Kill Bill, Kill Bill, Kill Bill!!!!!

I guess this makes me a magat because I want to save the lives of innocent children. Most of these kids wont see the light of day. Some of these beautiful babies will be sold or used for experiments like they do for rats. Some will have their organs harvested so evil, fat ass men can live longer. Some of are used for__________________________________________________________________and so many other evil and satanic rituals. Sick sh*t!!!

Her response: “Well, I think we’ll have more to say on the Mexico City Policy in the coming days, but I will just take the opportunity to remind all of you that he is a devout Catholic and somebody who attends church regularly. He started his day attending church with his family this morning.

Is she serious? What a joke!!!

So my boss just told me to prepare to be remote until the fall....into 2022 if Los Angeles County schools don't reopen fully in the fall.

Back