Bad News Thread

The CDC has been super slow when it comes to updating their guidelines. What more time do states and companies who refuse to jump on board need, then? If they're not going to be listening to the CDC, who are they going to be listening to? What left is there to review?

It's time to embrace not only science, but freedom.
Running scared is not fun. Busted!!!!

This whole ordeal has been an indictment of our Education system. That our immune systems have been relegated to AYSO in the minds of the sheeple is MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM than Corona.

Thanks Mark for the kind thoughs on the unV people. What a joke!!! This is what I just went through. He's says the right thing to do is to put Dr F and BG's crap in my body. The manager just played police with me and it went bad for both of us. I'm a nice guy too, Just wait. What a divisive bull dung we all have to deal with now. WHO is telling us the truth? I will lay low until June 15th, that's when CA will be in the clear.
I'm gonna make some T-shirts that say Pathogenically Primed. Sell them at the VAX site.

Some folks are going to have to answer to some pissed off people who lost everything and are still here on the planet looking for justice. I hear Dr. F might have some more questions to answer. Dude is 80+ years old and is almost done.

1621005859190.png

Religion & Politics for $800 please. If a picture is worth a thousand words then this one should let everyone know WHO is for war and who is not. Hello, WTFU USD sheep. The lion is here to roar!!!

1621007038457.png

Breakthrough case or false positive? Time will tell... I assume PCR tests would find the presence of the virus in the nasal passages of immune individuals from time to time. Just most of us don’t get tested on a regular basis when healthy.
Looks like opinions on this are falling the same way they have throughout. There's one side that says, "Hey, this thing might be happening and if it is, it's bad so we need restrictions." The other side says, "Where's the proof?" to which the answer is, "We can't contact trace so we don't know for sure."

The funny thing about this case is that we don't even know if it's "bad". He's showing no symptoms and we don't have any idea about his risk of transmission of a vaccinated person who tested positive and is showing no symptoms. We do know cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to drop despite having less than 38% of the population fully vaccinated - even fewer reaching the magic "two weeks after the 2nd shot" - and things opening up more and more.

Looks like opinions on this are falling the same way they have throughout. There's one side that says, "Hey, this thing might be happening and if it is, it's bad so we need restrictions." The other side says, "Where's the proof?" to which the answer is, "We can't contact trace so we don't know for sure."

The funny thing about this case is that we don't even know if it's "bad". He's showing no symptoms and we don't have any idea about his risk of transmission of a vaccinated person who tested positive and is showing no symptoms. We do know cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to drop despite having less than 38% of the population fully vaccinated - even fewer reaching the magic "two weeks after the 2nd shot" - and things opening up more and more.
You left out “why is anyone surprised?”

The vaccine promised to help 95% of us avoid moderate to severe symptoms. They never promised us the vaccine would mean 100% of us would be non-detect after exposure.

The vaccine seems to be doing exactly what was expected. It is helping a 65 year old man avoid a hospital stay.

The vaccine promised to help 95% of us avoid moderate to severe symptoms. They never promised us the vaccine would mean 100% of us would be non-detect after exposure.

The vaccine seems to be doing exactly what was expected. It is helping a 65 year old man avoid a hospital stay.
Exactly. Confused as to why this is even a discussion point on here. Oh wait- no I'm not.

All the while steal a kids last 15 months of their preciously prime time life. If your 65, time is almost up. Let others shine for goodness sakes. This is so selfish :( Ruin my Pal's Thai food place so Mr Normal 65 year old can stay away from the hospital if he get's the flu a or b. Thanks for being honest Dadespola4.

All the while steal a kids last 15 months of their preciously prime time life. If your 65, time is almost up. Let others shine for goodness sakes. This is so selfish :( Ruin my Pal's Thai food place so Mr Normal 65 year old can stay away from the hospital if he get's the flu a or b. Thanks for being honest Dadespola4.
Bill Maher was one of the ones who took the left to task for closing so many of the kid spaces.

What are you mocking him for? I’d think you’d thank him for sticking up for the kids and wish him good health.

That being the case, how does this fit into the R>1 in order to open indoor activities/fully open the economy argument?

I have been following this for a while. Protocols established by the craft unions and/or production companies require regular testing of all on-set persons paid for by the production company, PPE supplied on-set, and isolation of any who test positive. In the Mahr case, since most of the show is him talking and the shows are produced once a week, they don't have much of a choice except to shut down until he tests clean.

That being the case, how does this fit into the R>1 in order to open indoor activities/fully open the economy argument?
Separate questions with similar answers, I think.

The first was asking whether vaccines can reduce severity of illness. That was the big fat yes from clinical trials, and we knew it late last year.

The second is asking whether vaccines reduce transmission. (R<1) That also appears to be a strong yes, but we didn’t find it out until later, when we started vaccinating large numbers of people. Israel first, then UK and US. All three are showing transmission rates fall dramatically as vaccination rates rise.

I have been following this for a while. Protocols established by the craft unions and/or production companies require regular testing of all on-set persons paid for by the production company, PPE supplied on-set, and isolation of any who test positive. In the Mahr case, since most of the show is him talking and the shows are produced once a week, they don't have much of a choice except to shut down until he tests clean.
I wasn't really thinking about this in terms of shutting down the show. It was more about the significance of a positive test, after vaccination where no symptoms are shown. The point is, we don't know the significance in terms of transmission to others. Can they transmit at all, and more importantly, are those that aren't vaccinated in danger of getting a "bad" case from someone such as Maher.

Back