ARIZONA ECNL SHOWCASE

I went to the Reach 11 page and it says all “Local” tournaments can resume on March 17th but I am not sure the ECNL National showcase qualifies as a local tournament.

I went to the Reach 11 page and it says all “Local” tournaments can resume on March 17th but I am not sure the ECNL National showcase qualifies as a local tournament.
Reach 11 is hosting Phoenix Cup this weekend. Teams from all over the country and Canada will be there. I think this paves the way for ECNL to have their showcase. All Phoenix fields are open for business once again.

Reach 11 is hosting Phoenix Cup this weekend. Teams from all over the country and Canada will be there. I think this paves the way for ECNL to have their showcase. All Phoenix fields are open for business once again.
When is the Phoenix Showcase Happy? It seemed like two months ago everyone in AZ was going to die of Rona. What happen bro? Did fellas like Hound start wearing a mask?

Been tournaments in AZ all year so far at Fear farm, Scottsdale, etc so opening up PHX fields does get more capacity but not sure that influences ECNL to hold a showcase where travel from a majority of the teams from CA still will not follow the current heath guidance. If that gets changed yes until then don't see it but you never know nowadays.

Been tournaments in AZ all year so far at Fear farm, Scottsdale, etc so opening up PHX fields does get more capacity but not sure that influences ECNL to hold a showcase where travel from a majority of the teams from CA still will not follow the current heath guidance. If that gets changed yes until then don't see it but you never know nowadays.
I used to have a secret spot surfing and we had signs everywhere, "Locals Only"

I don't know the ins and outs of ECNL and what will sway them. Opening Phx gets you Reach, the only venue that can handle an event of that size at one location. Fear Farm is certainly not an event destination, Scottsdale doesn't have the capacity.

As far as travel from CA is concerned, many clubs are already here every weekend and are coming to play this weekend.

I suppose time will tell. At least for now, CA teams seem to be moving forward with games across all leagues, which is a good sign for us in AZ.

I used to have a secret spot surfing and we had signs everywhere, "Locals Only"

Yeah PV, Malibu and other spots can be like that also, maybe not the signs but unless you go with a crew or friends locals have a way of "warning" or snaking you in the water.

I don't know the ins and outs of ECNL and what will sway them. Opening Phx gets you Reach, the only venue that can handle an event of that size at one location. Fear Farm is certainly not an event destination, Scottsdale doesn't have the capacity.

As far as travel from CA is concerned, many clubs are already here every weekend and are coming to play this weekend.

I suppose time will tell. At least for now, CA teams seem to be moving forward with games across all leagues, which is a good sign for us in AZ.

Individual clubs or teams having been doing what they want to.

A organizations like ECNL going against current guidance and leaving that up the the clubs to decide is a different animal but they have been pretty clear they haven't or won't recommend heath orders being ignored but like I said you never know nowadays.

Yeah PV, Malibu and other spots can be like that also, maybe not the signs but unless you go with a crew or friends locals have a way of "warning" or snaking you in the water.
Brah, when I was peddling the yellow pages, my first territory was San Pedro. I took Western all the way down to the beach. I nice right coming off the point. I think you had to drive down a hill. Anyway, I tried to see if the "locals" would be so kind to share their wave and it was a big fat, "no way." My bro lives in Kauai and I went and visited him and got asked to leave nicely and i did. My bro said I was trying too hard to be cool and all they saw was my blond hair and the California look and they were not having it. I told my brother that is why I never moved here. I get it and it I was a true local with great waves I would not want a coo coo sitting in our line up.

Phoenix Cup is this weekend - boys and girls showcase.

Hound saved the day by wearing a mask to the bar.
I will confess. When Hound came over to say hi the first time, he had his mask on and when we drank, he had no mask. We both did mask as we walked in to sip away :)

Are you sure about that - and I know it says it on their site, but Phoenix council only decided to open it yesterday and are due to start taking reservations on March 22nd.

City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department
They had schedules up earlier this week with reach as the venue. I just checked, looks like they took them down. I suppose we will see what the real deal is. Maybe they are updating schedules. As of today, clubs have access to phoenix fields for practices.

Back