ARIZONA ECNL SHOWCASE

Why the double standard Happy?
My guess would be...

In the Phx Showcase you have LOTS of AZ clubs involved.

In the ECNL showcase you have just 2 AZ clubs.

Either way a stupid thing.

The city of Phx stands with open arms as 10s of thousands of people arrive at Phx Sky Harbor each day.

My guess would be...

The city of Phx stands with open arms as 10s of thousands of people arrive at Phx Sky Harbor each day.
Any attempt to understand the City of Phoenix's rationale for this decision will only diminish your intellect. The City of Maricopa is loving life though.

ECNL has let so many down with poor planing and lack of a contingency plan. Reach has been closed for many months and this cancellation could have and should have been expected.

Next up will be playoffs and Nationals which has a 0% chance of happening in California as scheduled.

Time for ECNL to get their heads out of their asses and schedule everything in Florida. We will take heat, humidity, mosquitos, thunder storms, and possible Hurricanes, but won’t tolerate a plan that is dependent on teams traveling to California this summer which we all know, will not happen.

More involved than just the City of Phoenix stance on out of state teams attending.

Some legal liability at stake for USclub & ECNL for any national tournament or showcase events that include CA teams since current CDPH guidance doesn't yet approve out of state travel tournaments.

Individual Tournaments and clubs or teams could make there own calls on attendance but from a organizational POV don't think ECNL wants to possibly put themselves in a tricky legal situation.

ECNL has let so many down with poor planing and lack of a contingency plan. Reach has been closed for many months and this cancellation could have and should have been expected.

Next up will be playoffs and Nationals which has a 0% chance of happening in California as scheduled.

Time for ECNL to get their heads out of their asses and schedule everything in Florida. We will take heat, humidity, mosquitos, thunder storms, and possible Hurricanes, but won’t tolerate a plan that is dependent on teams traveling to California this summer which we all know, will not happen.

Is Colorado open for travel tournaments? CA teams welcomed? Take Colorado over Florida anyday but winter or early spring

Could pass on Florida in the summer or think of other locations that could be a better fit for us on the west coast.

There's no double standard as there are no Phoenix fields being used for Phoenix Cup.

The next big event at the Phoenix fields (Reach basically) will probably be State Cup, so an AZ only affair.
I think @crush was referring to CA teams playing in Phoenix Cup. The boys are this weekend, girls next.

I wonder if they took into consideration of moving the showcase to Texas on those dates? I did a quick search on tournaments an none of any size are scheduled at that time. Plenty of fields and the weather is SoCal'esque this time of the year in the Lone Star State.

My guess would be...

Ha ha, you funny. I’m sure things will change once AZ stops killing so many people per capita. In the meantime, get vaccinated and wear a mask.

Back