Albion Cup - 04s (7/16 - 7/18) - Tech Specs

Albion Cup, time to look up and make sure there's no rain in the forecast...If not then the 04s are in for some decent games this weekend at Albion Cup in Flight I.

Fields
Allen Field
UCSD (Final)

Format
12 Teams
3 Group Winners & 1 Wildcard advance to Semi-Finals
  • Group Games: Saturday (7/16) & Sunday (7/17)
  • Semi-Finals: Sunday (7/17)
  • Finals: Monday (7/18)

Tournament Links

Bracket 1
  • Arsenal FC - Pre-ECNL - 2
  • Legends FC - Gold
  • SDSC - Navy
  • Temecula United
Breakdown:
This group is soft enough where if Arsenal decides to take their "B" team for the 04s and throw them in here they should still have a shot. Legends Gold had a fair showing at their tournament a couple of months ago but didn't have the same results at the LA Premier Showcase last month. SDSC may just be the favorite in this one depending on what Arsenal does with their squads.

Bracket 2
  • Albion
  • BYSC
  • Claremont Stars - Black
  • Murrieta Surf - White
Breakdown:
Albion gave themselves the "middle of the road" grouping and will face some resilient teams in BYSC and Claremont that will look to mix it up, while Murrieta will look to fly under the radar and get the jump on this group. Murrieta is a decent squad.

Bracket 3
  • Arsenal FC - Pre-ECNL - 1
  • Arsenal - Premier - Teal (AZ)
  • CDA Slammers - Segovia
  • Legends FC - Riverside
Breakdown:
Bracket 3 is the toughest group by far, and it'll be interesting to see what Randy Brown does with his Arsenal 04s in terms of splitting the squads. If the teams are truly defined as this team being the CRL squad from this past weekend, then this group is going to be fun to watch and up in the air as both Slammers and Legends Riverside are capable of beating everyone in this group. I saw the Arsenal (AZ) play out here last summer and they will need to have built a strong 04 squad to get past this tough grouping.

Best of luck to everyone at Albion Cup, wish they would have let at least one of the Hawaii teams play in Flight I, the girls always bring it and their parents bring a rocking environment to the mainline. Their sidelines have always been courteous and very friendly.

Did RB bring the A team?
He seems to be holding true to his word at this point and he has a set of 04s continuing to play up. However he had at least a couple ODP 04s out there at striker and in goal this weekend.

The striker is one of the players who made the final ODP cut and she tore it up out there this weekend at Albion. Scary to think what this team would look like with all the top 04s they have playing their own age.

Arsenal 04's wins Albion Championship (Showcase) 3-0 vs. Legends in a dominant showcase throughout the Tourney.

The Championship game was an Impressive display of relentless pressure and strong play on top with the middle and back lines holding their shape and initiating the offense.

Arsenal also had the most goals (GF) of any team while Shuting out all comers with a strong defense.

It was a dominant tourney by Arsenal's 04's - we will see what team he decides to bring to Surf Cup - It appears that Albion might have been the warm up tourney going into Surf.

Arsenal did what everyone thought they would do. I would of been surprised if they didn't win the tournament they were by far the favorites, and have a top team when they are all or at least mostly together.

It was a dominant tourney by Arsenal's 04's - we will see what team he decides to bring to Surf Cup - It appears that Albion might have been the warm up tourney going into Surf.[/QUOTE]

I just don't get it. I've heard it said several times now. What the hell does it mean "what team he decides to bring"? There should only be one team. RSC has one EGSL team. We have 17 players. We don't guest unless 6 girls come down with the bird flue or something like it...... OR we're missing our goalie. We don't swap girls from one team to the other. We don't call Texas or Hawaii and order up some substitutes.

So what's up? What the hell is RB doing? How is he allowed to have these options?? CRL doesn't allow guests. EGSL doesn't allow guests. SCDSL doesn't allow guests. Why insult the core of your team by bringing in other girls to (do better)??????????

If our coach pulled that shit, I'd kick his ass right before I quit and took my daughter to a real club.

RB - bring your real team!!!!!!!! you know ---- the one you rostered and put together FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR!!!! You know - the team that you'll be forced to play National Cup with.

"Depends on what team he brings" ???????????? What a piece of work.

It was a dominant tourney by Arsenal's 04's - we will see what team he decides to bring to Surf Cup - It appears that Albion might have been the warm up tourney going into Surf.

I just don't get it. I've heard it said several times now. What the hell does it mean "what team he decides to bring"? There should only be one team. RSC has one EGSL team. We have 17 players. We don't guest unless 6 girls come down with the bird flue or something like it...... OR we're missing our goalie. We don't swap girls from one team to the other. We don't call Texas or Hawaii and order up some substitutes.

So what's up? What the hell is RB doing? How is he allowed to have these options?? CRL doesn't allow guests. EGSL doesn't allow guests. SCDSL doesn't allow guests. Why insult the core of your team by bringing in other girls to (do better)??????????

If our coach pulled that shit, I'd kick his ass right before I quit and took my daughter to a real club.

RB - bring your real team!!!!!!!! you know ---- the one you rostered and put together FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR!!!! You know - the team that you'll be forced to play National Cup with.

"Depends on what team he brings" ???????????? What a piece of work.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see u r back in full force Soccer 18!

"Depends on what team he brings" ???????????? What a piece of work.[/QUOTE]

I think what Kongzilla meant was they have a handful of older 04's that played 03 last year and they, there parents, the club, all of the above or one of the above want to play some or many games with 03s.

Your comment on guests from Hawaii, Texas etc is something some clubs do for Surf Cup and is within the rules. I hear you though bringing in several guests usually doesn't sit well with some/many parents on the team, especially when teams are at younger ages. But by now if you do your homework you know the teams that do it, so if you join them then you know what to expect.

Funny site - this is youth soccer right? In reading the post RB has been playing his better 04s up- not a problem and played a few of them this weekend. Doesn't sound like he guested from other clubs. Last year in all honesty I felt Arsenal West was the better club over Arsenal at this age last year - now IE SURF. But with age change might be different story. Anyway just soccer... Right now many clubs can claim they are the best at this age... and really only a goal here and there separates all of them. Many clubs have not shown their teams yet - will be an interesting year - each week will be a new favorite...this was especially the case in the Spring league .... Take a deep breath and enjoy 11-12 year old soccer....

Isn't part of the "advantage" of playing with a big club that you can move players between teams/age groups as needed. Whether the moves happen for "development" or "trophies" is another story.

Isn't part of the "advantage" of playing with a big club that you can move players between teams/age groups as needed. Whether the moves happen for "development" or "trophies" is another story.

I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind WHY RB does what he does.

I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind WHY RB does what he does.

Relatively new to So cal Soccer
I assume the implication is that Arsenal (RB) is more interested in Tournament Trophies rather than the Player Development? Which is why he moves his players around a lot?

Open Question to Everyone:
I know that this is more of an Albion Thread but. . .
- Out of curiosity what club "in your opinion" focuses on player development the best... in particular for the 04's ?

I am interested in everyone's opinion and insight thanks

Open Question to Everyone:
I know that this is more of an Albion Thread but. . .
- Out of curiosity what club "in your opinion" focuses on player development the best... in particular for the 04's ?

I am interested in everyone's opinion and insight thanks

This should be its own thread.

I
believe it is a little of both as I stated in the Surf. cup thread. He plays them up to gain more experience and pulls them in for key games/tournaments to get the trophies.

Back