2023 Women's College Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

I hate the idea of added travel for the non-football sports that play multiple games per week. The best case would be for football to create its own conferences. and have the other sports be more flexible in terms of conference makeup. I assume that's not an option since I don't see anything like that being discussed. So,
- The 9 remaining PAC12 teams stay and add SDSU, and ... ???
- I've heard a suggestion of Rice and SMU as schools that would have the academic standards the PAC 12 was seeking. Won't get much help with the TV contract for football with those two unless we can resurrect SMU football from 40 years ago.
- Big 10 Western Conference with 6 teams (Add Cal, Stanford, UW, and UO) from the PAC 12. USC and UCLA have to be pushing for that. I would not want my daughter to have to do all the traveling that will be required for those two soccer programs.

I completely agree with you. Think of the potential of a Northwestern/Wisconsin roadie followed by a Maryland/Rutgers the following weekend. I know they will try to avoid that (and maybe will with divisions if the conference gets big enough) but it’s bound to happen at some point to soccer or volleyball or basketball because, if not, what’s point? (Yes, I know the point is money. It’s always money. It’s never the student athletes)

I hate the idea of added travel for the non-football sports that play multiple games per week. The best case would be for football to create its own conferences. and have the other sports be more flexible in terms of conference makeup. I assume that's not an option since I don't see anything like that being discussed. So,
- I've heard a suggestion of Rice and SMU as schools that would have the academic standards the PAC 12 was seeking. Won't get much help with the TV contract for football with those two unless we can resurrect SMU football from 40 years ago.
- Big 10 Western Conference with 6 teams (Add Cal, Stanford, UW, and UO) from the PAC 12. USC and UCLA have to be pushing for that. I would not want my daughter to have to do all the traveling that will be required for those two soccer programs.
Pac 12 can be Pac 10 or add whoever or whatever but let’s just keep them put. All that extra travel - no thanks!!

<incorrect musings from prior post>

It could be down to the PAC4 by tonight - Cal, Stanford, OSU, and WSU.

Conjectures of what's next are in the link below.

Yah my DD flew out for that hiccup of a home opener.

My take so far: team has GREAT coaching, GREAT vibe, LOTS of talent, but inconsistent. Easily can compete with the big kids, but can get "discombobulated" by less talented teams and I have seen a few instances where coaching adjustments came too late in some games.

Back