2023 Women's College Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

socalkdg

PREMIER
With August 1 just around the corner and Captains practices started or starting, and the fact I actually have a kid in college this year, thought I would start a new thread. Also felt I'd open it up to all division levels. Anyone with a kid playing college soccer should be proud.

Daughter just texted with exciting news that she got #1 for her Jersey number. :)

With August 1 just around the corner and Captains practices started or starting, and the fact I actually have a kid in college this year, thought I would start a new thread. Also felt I'd open it up to all division levels. Anyone with a kid playing college soccer should be proud.

Daughter just texted with exciting news that she got #1 for her Jersey number. :)

Congratulations! I have an incoming freshman playing, too, but unlike dad... she was smart enough to never don the gloves.

believe it or not my daughter reported back for grad year a couple of weeks ago and she got Jersey #1 too! What conferences are we paying attention to? Mine's in a new neck of the woods....SoCon. Am I even allowed to talk about that on this site? LOL

After 3 seasons in the Pac-12, my kid will be playing in the ACC this year. I will be heading back there to see her debut and hopefully head out another time or two (or more) and they do come west one time so I will see her in this time zone. Her experience - all that of our entire family - will be quite different this season.

Curious if any others have an injured player reporting and what their experience has been. Gear (loads) was given out today and the injured players were totally snubbed, not even a practice shirt. The injured were all in the line of duty. What gives....am I right to be hurt for my daughter and who has devoted everything to her team? Is this the way to motivate your players?

Curious if any others have an injured player reporting and what their experience has been. Gear (loads) was given out today and the injured players were totally snubbed, not even a practice shirt. The injured were all in the line of duty. What gives....am I right to be hurt for my daughter and who has devoted everything to her team? Is this the way to motivate your players?
Ouch…..that just seems wrong!

Wow! That is so wrong. DD is in the PAC 12 but will miss this year due to ACL. She has been back at school for about a month which was a week before captain's practice. Being back with the team and their trainers was very important to her. These girls that are injured are still part of the team and are working rigorously to get back to what they love. She was able to benefit from the full load of gear yesterday and will still go on the pre-season trip. Thank goodness!

That is awful! what kind of message does that send to players? you are only part of the team if you are healthy? so wrong.

After 3 seasons in the Pac-12, my kid will be playing in the ACC this year. I will be heading back there to see her debut and hopefully head out another time or two (or more) and they do come west one time so I will see her in this time zone. Her experience - all that of our entire family - will be quite different this season.
Thankfully those ACC games will be televised. Best of luck this year. Europe or NWSL next year?

congrats to all the players and parents! best wishes for a healthy season! i am going to a preseason match in about a week! always exciting part of the year...before the grind of conference play starts to set in.. my dd transferred from the big12 after 2 years, and went to the sec. a lot further away, but she loves it there and hasn't been this happy in a long time. happy we can watch a lot of the games on tv! good luck to all!!

That is unusual. My daughter sat out a season with ACL but was still provided full gear and participated in all the team activities, but instead of training on the field spent a lot of time rehabbing and or on a stationary bike on the sideline. I'm sorry to hear this your daughter is not being included.

Man... the way things are going, what's the Pac-12 going to look like in a couple of years?
I hate the idea of added travel for the non-football sports that play multiple games per week. The best case would be for football to create its own conferences. and have the other sports be more flexible in terms of conference makeup. I assume that's not an option since I don't see anything like that being discussed. So,
- The 9 remaining PAC12 teams stay and add SDSU, and ... ???
- I've heard a suggestion of Rice and SMU as schools that would have the academic standards the PAC 12 was seeking. Won't get much help with the TV contract for football with those two unless we can resurrect SMU football from 40 years ago.
- Big 10 Western Conference with 6 teams (Add Cal, Stanford, UW, and UO) from the PAC 12. USC and UCLA have to be pushing for that. I would not want my daughter to have to do all the traveling that will be required for those two soccer programs.

Back