2021 Women’s D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Cal's loss of Kim huge. I watched several game and her speed led to MANY dangerous opportunities/scores that will be no more.
I saw no one of her caliber on the pitch. Their goaile will keep them in games though.

Interesting... I have the opposite opinion. She does have tremendous speed but I rarely saw that team capitalize on it. I saw some nice outside runs followed by a cross, and that's not her fault, but when it comes to the "caliber" you want in a forward, Sophia Smith and Ashley Sanchez are finishers.

What type of numbers are you talking about?
What type of numbers are you talking about?
Varies, the higher your GPA the lower the ACT and SAT can be and vice versa. (ACT of 32 and above with a 3.6, 3.7 for example, 4.3 with ACT of 30) Academics are extremely important. Schools want to raise their academic average for their athletic teams. Plus some universities have Honors Colleges at the University that the student would be in. For the classes of 2021 and 2022 it's possible some universities will not require the SAT or ACT so grades will be even more important. It is going to be interesting.

I thought Kim wasn’t as dangerous or effective compared to other forwards on the west coast. Her speed was threatening but didn’t amount to much.
cal has had great classes again and again and again and again and have won nothing. Maybe this is their year. But what’s the saying about past results predicting future success?

I thought Kim wasn’t as dangerous or effective compared to other forwards on the west coast. Her speed was threatening but didn’t amount to much.
cal has had great classes again and again and again and again and have won nothing. Maybe this is their year. But what’s the saying about past results predicting future success?
I don't think you realize the quality and pace Cal has coming in the next two classes. I'm not predicting anything, but I will say the volume of talent, skill, athletecism and true speed is more in these two classes than most programs have seen in a while. Hopefully it all works out well.

I don't think you realize the quality and pace Cal has coming in the next two classes. I'm not predicting anything, but I will say the volume of talent, skill, athletecism and true speed is more in these two classes than most programs have seen in a while. Hopefully it all works out well.

The pace is pretty to the eyes but here's what I see... Cal's center mid, who is a phenomenal passer... compared to Jessie Fleming, freshman Mya Doms at Stanford or even DeMelo at USC. Those other programs have a relentless CM that never eases up. Never gives you a break. I don't see that at Cal. I see through balls to Kim that wind up being goal kicks.

Class of 2020 has some speed arriving, and 2021 does in spades. They have great talent in the pipeline, including ready replacements for Kim. If they assemble a complete team, they will be national cup contenders. While the recruits are great...they are primarily athletic forwards and some solid backs. I'm just not sure who will play in the mid-field and how it will all come together...but if it does, they will be extremely dangerous.
Every team in the pac12 is bringing in great pace.
@outlaw- agree w u on Kim.

Cal will always attracts the talent. Just wondering when they will kick to old coach to the curb and get someone in there who can take the program to the next level.

Every team in the pac12 is bringing in great pace.
@outlaw- agree w u on Kim.

Cal will always attracts the talent. Just wondering when they will kick to old coach to the curb and get someone in there who can take the program to the next level.

Unless his contract is up, I"m not sure that they're gonna get rid of him. The program is competitive, he doesn't rock the boat, runs a clean program. Universities don't prioritize soccer, let alone women's soccer unless you're a top 10 program. And even then...

The pace is pretty to the eyes but here's what I see... Cal's center mid, who is a phenomenal passer... compared to Jessie Fleming, freshman Mya Doms at Stanford or even DeMelo at USC. Those other programs have a relentless CM that never eases up. Never gives you a break. I don't see that at Cal. I see through balls to Kim that wind up being goal kicks.
We shall see. As I said, I'm not making predictions and I agree pace isn't everything, but that's my point. There are more than several players in these classes that have excellent soccer IQ + pace + athleticism. A few of them, though forwards, could play in the midfield as well. Also, yes. Every team in the PAC 12 has athletic girls with pace, but will each team have 5-7 straight burners with Abi Kim speed or ever faster? I don't think so.

We shall see. As I said, I'm not making predictions and I agree pace isn't everything, but that's my point. There are more than several players in these classes that have excellent soccer IQ + pace + athleticism. A few of them, though forwards, could play in the midfield as well. Also, yes. Every team in the PAC 12 has athletic girls with pace, but will each team have 5-7 straight burners with Abi Kim speed or ever faster? I don't think so.
With 11 or 12 recruits, not sure, for next year there is bound to be at least one or two who will make an impact, if they play.

I’m sure the recruits are amazing. All I’m saying is he’s had amazing classes in the past and won nothing. Have you seen the rankings and players that have come through cal since he’s been there? Highly ranked and regarded and many went on to become pros. The talent has been there. will it change now? Maybe. I’m not rooting against them just find it crazy they haven’t been better. Maybe these are the classes to do it!

he had alex Morgan and couldn’t win. Soooo

I’m sure the recruits are amazing. All I’m saying is he’s had amazing classes in the past and won nothing. Have you seen the rankings and players that have come through cal since he’s been there? Highly ranked and regarded and many went on to become pros. The talent has been there. will it change now? Maybe. I’m not rooting against them just find it crazy they haven’t been better. Maybe these are the classes to do it!

he had alex Morgan and couldn’t win. Soooo

I think what you're saying is the guy can't coach. I would have to totally 100% agree with that notion. Given his tenure, the school (world class public school with no academic restrictions), and conference, they should have been way more competitive and have more proof in the pudding than only 1-2 second round appearances. His teams underperform, plain and simple. Maybe it's the coach, maybe it's the players. I was just looking at his bio and can't for the life of me, understand how he was hired:

2000Mississippi State8-11-1
2001Mississippi State13-8-0
2002Mississippi State6-13-1
2003Mississippi State9-8-3
2005Texas Tech1-18-0
2006Texas Tech7-11-2

especially at a Pac-12 job. Again, we'll see how they do this year. They should have a good defense and mid...need scoring to happen up front.

When you have programs with talent and good coaching: Stanford, USC, WSU, UCLA you are already battling for 5th place in the pac 12. Add a new coach at Oregon and a potentially good one at Oregon State it’s gonna be tough for Cal next year. I see them in the 6-8 place next year.

Back