2021 Fall Leagues predictions and updates

ECNL bracket preview:

Group A - completely up for grabs. Matchfit is not the team they were but I'll give them a slight edge.
Group B - Solar
Group C - UFA but Hawks or Beach could pull off an upset
Group D - Crossfire or SD Surf
Group E - Completely up for grabs. Internationals had a VERY poor showing at South Carolina Showcase.
Group F - Loudoun or Slammers Koge; this will be a great game to watch!
Group G - Probably the toughest group. SUSA, Legends would be favorites but I think any of these teams could beat each other.
Group H - PDA Blue but Eclipse could pull of an upset perhaps
Group I - Winner between DKSC/Blues moves forward and should make for another great game
Group J - SLSG or Richmond, both are quality
Group K - Another toss up group that will likely be decided between San Juan, FC Dallas, and Eagles.

Dark horses - Eagles, DKSC, Eclipse Select, San Juan, and Seattle United

Current schedule layout
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vpmlCDalEU57JMxHVWDxAuAzA/edit#gid=1408555708

Currently you can pick at least some of the Finalists for VA. Based on the brackets, this is what I predict from the brackets that don't include 2nd place games. Feel free to post your predictions-

Group F vs Group K
Slammer Koge VS San Juan - Koge moves forward to Nationals

Group G vs Group J
SUSA VS SLSG - SUSA moves forward to Nationals

Group H vs Group I
PDA Blue VS Blues - PDA moves forward to Nationals (I know this would be an unpopular pick here)

A bit tough to predict quarterfinalists at this point with wildcards. I would venture to say that no teams from group D, E and J make it that far. There will be some tough wildcards matched up with groups A - E coming out of groups F, G, I and K.

I'm pretty sure I caught the U13 Koge/San Juan game in PHX. I subbed in as an ref over at the Scottsdale Complex for a game and I'm pretty sure that game was going on while I was waiting to take over the next game on the field next to them.
I think Koge won that 2-0, but both goals were scored from 35-45 yards away. From what I remember not repeatable type goals, ie... not really offensive, lucky strikes from far away.
Koge out muscled them for sure, but i didn't see a skill mis match.
I'd say thats a 50% match up.. play 10 games and Koge wins 5 with the rest either to SJ or tied.
That would be a good game to watch if they match up.

Current schedule layout
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vpmlCDalEU57JMxHVWDxAuAzA/edit#gid=1408555708

Currently you can pick at least some of the Finalists for VA. Based on the brackets, this is what I predict from the brackets that don't include 2nd place games. Feel free to post your predictions-

Group F vs Group K
Slammer Koge VS San Juan - Koge moves forward to Nationals (Update - San Juan needs a big win and some help to move on! May still land Wild Card Spot though)

Group G vs Group J
SUSA VS SLSG - SUSA moves forward to Nationals (Update - matchup is looking highly likely)

Group H vs Group I
PDA Blue VS Blues - PDA moves forward to Nationals (Update - matchup is looking highly likely)

Looking pretty close to the above! Projected today for the heck of it! Original picks still holding! Updated above. Other predictions below.

Group A vs 2nd Place #5
MFA VS Loudoun - Loudoun moves forward to Nationals

Group B vs 2nd Place #4
Solar VS Richmond - Solar moves forward to Nationals

Group C vs 2nd Place #3
Beach VS Real Colorado - Too tough too predict!!!

Group D vs 2nd Place #2
Crossfire VS Eclipse Select - Eclipse to Nationals

Group E vs 2nd Place #1
Charlotte Independence vs. DKSC - DKSC to Nationals

Some upsets today including Solar losing to Real Colorado. Couple games left. Looks like what we thought before Nationals is true. SoCal putting multiple teams through to first round, same with North Atlantic and Texas. More later.

Some upsets today including Solar losing to Real Colorado. Couple games left. Looks like what we thought before Nationals is true. SoCal putting multiple teams through to first round, same with North Atlantic and Texas. More later.
Mars please break it down by conference with the teams advancing. I saw multiple teams, biggest disappointments had to be Legends and FC Dallas. FC Dallas had zero points! Teams have caught up with Solar. Solar could still win the championship but margin of error is much smaller. Blues was strong against DKSC had some bad luck. Koge completely thrashed Loudon. Matchfit has good fitness and a couple nice players; too bad Surf and Blues have to play in sweet 16. SW conference Sonoran teams (blues, Koge, Surf)strength of league schedule was off the charts and it showed versus the performance Mojave teams not advancing

So, looks like statistics win...Playoff teams listed below.

3 teams from Southwest make it through out of 17 teams from division.
Slammers Koge
SD Surf
SoCal Blues

2 teams from North Atlantic out of 9 teams from division.
PDA Blue
MFA

2 teams from Texas out of 12 teams from division
DKSC
Solar

1 teamfrom Northwest out of 23 teams from division
Real Colorado

2 teams from Midwest out of 14 teams from division
Eclipse Select
Michigan Hawks

3 teams from Mid Atlantic out of 14 teams in Division
Charlotte Independence
Richmond Strikers
Charlotte SA

1 team from New England out 9 teams in division
SUSA

San Juan got completely screwed IMO.

I think I missed SLSG and one other.

But as expected, SoCal, Mid Atlantic, and Texas have the strongest teams. PDA and DKSC should be an amazing game. I think Koge is the favorite at this point. If PDA can make it past DKSC, they also have a great chance. As for Solar, everyone knows they are now beatable. Lastly, SUSA should not be written off along with Real Colorado and SD Surf.

Quarterfinals Finished! A big upset in the SoCal world with Minnesota winning over Koge 3-1 in PKs. Also SD Surf taking the win against Blues.

Bracket View

3Match Fit Academy ECNL GU13
1Charlotte SA ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#1
0Charlotte Independence ECNL GU13
3Richmond United ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#2
1PDA Blue ECNL GU13
0DKSC ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#3
2San Diego Surf ECNL GU13
1So Cal Blues ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#4
2Michigan Hawks ECNL - GU13
3Eclipse Select SC ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#5
3SUSA FC ECNL GU13
1SLSG Navy ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#6
0 1Slammers FC HB Koge ECNL GU13
0 3Minnesota Thunder ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#7
0Real Colorado National ECNL GU13
1Solar SC ECNL GU13
08:00 AMJun 29, 2022Game PreviewGM#8

I think I missed SLSG and one other.

But as expected, SoCal, Mid Atlantic, and Texas have the strongest teams. PDA and DKSC should be an amazing game. I think Koge is the favorite at this point. If PDA can make it past DKSC, they also have a great chance. As for Solar, everyone knows they are now beatable. Lastly, SUSA should not be written off along with Real Colorado and SD Surf.
Slammers Koge losing to Minnesota Thunder is easily the biggest upset in round of 16.
Now Matchfit vs PDA Blue in quarterfinals should be an unbelievable match

I don’t think MFA has a chance against PDA. MFA had the easiest road through division and QF play. PDA had to beat both Eclipse Select and DKSC but yeah, a lot of bad blood between those two teams.

I wonder if SD Surf has some of the LV Surf playing?

I don’t think MFA has a chance against PDA. MFA had the easiest road through division and QF play. PDA had to beat both Eclipse Select and DKSC but yeah, a lot of bad blood between those two teams.

No LV Surf players on SD.
Just a quick FYI- LVSurf is 3 and 1 vs the 3 teams they have faced that made the elite 8.
SD Surf- Win 1-0
SD Surf- 1-1 Lost in PKs
Matchfit- 1-1 Won in PKs
Minnesota Thunder- 2-0 Win
Best of Luck to the last 8. I’m going to say Solar/Surf Finals and that game being a coin flip but thinking Solar gets it.

I definitely agree MF had the easiest path to Nationals. Now lets see how this backyard brawl (between parents..ha ha) turns out between MF and PDA. The NJ forum should be a must read next week...The F bombs will be dropping....LOL...

Also I believe SD Surf picked up some players after Manchester City: I believe they had 3-4 guests for that tourney and with them winning that may have sealed the deal for those players to make the move permanently. Just speculation based on results from Manchester city to present.

Back