2021 Fall Leagues predictions and updates

Can someone please explain how that works.2 Girls play for LV surf (DP) and yet they can be rostered on an ECNL team?

Can someone please explain how that works.2 Girls play for LV surf (DP) and yet they can be rostered on an ECNL team?

Yes, and they are not the only 2 players from that team appearing on ECNL teams.
LV Surf has arguably some of the best non-ECNL players around on their roster, therefore it’s obvious that all ECNL teams welcome their presence when possible..

Yes, and they are not the only 2 players from that team appearing on ECNL teams.
LV Surf has arguably some of the best non-ECNL players around on their roster, therefore it’s obvious that all ECNL teams welcome their presence when possible..

I was told by an LV parent that they would guest for San Diego Surf only. Guess that was the wrong info? Perhaps @LVB could shed some light on this.

Some interesting games this week/weekend for the SoCal GA Showcase. Top bracket is a toss up. Houston has a chance to redeem itself after the Blues Cup performance. Also interested to see how Colorado Rush does. I know both South Shore and Nationals are legit. South Shore has one of the best players in the country right now, at least until the competition has a chance to grow taller and stronger!

Tophat should take the second bracket and Cincinnati CUP should absolutely run away with a high goal differential in the 3rd bracket.

Some of these game will be live streamed. I won't be watching as we'll be Florida again for Super Y Nationals.

Gothia Cup - anyone know what this is? Legit or a scam?

It's legit. My DD got an invite this year but cost is too much for us. We would have to leave right after ECNL playoffs as well. Also will take place during ECNL finals. Between that and a cost of about $3k per person, our family will have to pass.

@rainbow_unicorn do u think the majority of the girl selected for ODP will be girls that play for cal south?The girls that are trying out that are ECNL (US Soccer) will they even be considered in the final team?What are ur thoughts on this?Or is all this just a $ gimmick..

LastFirst
Traveling 18:
BiddleRiley
Traveling 18:​
BremerKinsley
BuehlerKaris
CervantesDenise
ChangAllie
Cortez-BlancoAilany
EvesCaroline
GarciaAdalyne
Huete-RamirezKaylin
LeonardMakeli
LucasLana
MolinaAdryana
NguyenFelicity
ParedesVanessa
RudelAddison
SecodaKenzie
ShinNico
BarreraEvangeline
KamanskyCharlotteALT 1
FreemanAveryALT 2
EguiaMadisonALT 3
CuneoCaprianaALT GK
Aguayo WalkerJazminAlt
AlvaradoEvelynAlt
ShattuckLuchianaAlt
ShattuckPresleyAlt
UscangaIxchelAlt

I am a bit curious on how Discovery will look next year for 2009s. Considering access to Discovery should be determined by “promotion”, My assumption was that there will be 1 bracket with 15 teams (like for 2008), which would mean 7 teams moving up from flight 1 (top 2 each from each of the 3 F1 brackets + 1 wildcard??) + the current 8 teams.
However I see plenty of teams, even from flight 2, advertising they will be in Discovery.
Anyone has a clearer picture?

Discovery will be promotion based according to our DOC. I see one problem with top flight teams far away making a commitment to drive to Silverlakes. For example LAFC mitrovich won their flight 1 bracket but they are based out of Santa Clarita. That’s a 90 mile drive. I would assume they pick the top 2 teams from each flight 1 bracket (3 brackets). I would expect the bottom 2 to 3 current discovery teams to drop.

Discovery will be promotion based according to our DOC. I see one problem with top flight teams far away making a commitment to drive to Silverlakes. For example LAFC mitrovich won their flight 1 bracket but they are based out of Santa Clarita. That’s a 90 mile drive. I would assume they pick the top 2 teams from each flight 1 bracket (3 brackets). I would expect the bottom 2 to 3 current discovery teams to drop.

According to SoCal, there will be no relegation out of discovery for the first 2 years, so the bottom teams can stay, if they elect to do so.
A valid point on travel, some teams might decide the trip to Silverlakes or even worse Oceanside is not worth it..

Back