The US Justice Department began an investigation into Loeffler after she sold millions of dollars in stock in January following a private briefing on the coronavirus. Loeffler, a multimillionaire, is also married to the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange.

Perdue also came under scrutiny for buying stock in a personal-protective-equipment company on the same day he got a classified Senate briefing on the coronavirus. A US Justice Department investigation was also dropped without charges.

The US Justice Department began an investigation into Loeffler after she sold millions of dollars in stock in January following a private briefing on the coronavirus. Loeffler, a multimillionaire, is also married to the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange.

Perdue also came under scrutiny for buying stock in a personal-protective-equipment company on the same day he got a classified Senate briefing on the coronavirus. A US Justice Department investigation was also dropped without charges.

That stock trade stunk to high heaven. But I thought members of congress had exempted themselves from insider trading laws? At least I remember a few years back, reading some big Visa and Pelosi scandal.

That there is one set of rules for the politicians or our country and another set for everybody else is a surprise to absolutely no one. Shameful I'll agree, but these day's it's all about what the country can do for you. It's the only thing all the politicians seem able to agree on.

Back