2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Also kind of OT but I heard something from someone that BYU is moving to another conference? Huh? Rumors?

It always is. And as a parting statement I will pose a question. How much did YOUR daughter contribute to the win?

I will answer for you. Zero. When is she transferring back because she won’t ever see the field again. That must suck for you to realize that I correctly predicted your kid’s fate. You can’t fake talent.

Peace you weak sauce pansy.
Yesterday -my dd is so great. she's all this and all that
Today - your kid is fake talent

This is why UCLA parents refer to you as windbag behind your back. You can't even be a gracious loser.
Just a loser.

It always is. And as a parting statement I will pose a question. How much did YOUR daughter contribute to the win?

I will answer for you. Zero. When is she transferring back because she won’t ever see the field again. That must suck for you to realize that I correctly predicted your kid’s fate. You can’t fake talent.

I don’t care about the trash talking in general and mostly enjoy it but when you drag A young woman who was a regular contributor her freshman year that has a schedule this year that looks like an injury just because her parent poster is a douche I need to raise my hand and say “hey map...cool it”. Keep it to the douche dad and don’t make assumptions.

Stop

N.C. stat

UCONN leaving ACC for BIG EAST. Rumors of BYU joining ACC but geographically makes zero sense. BYU already makes big 5 dollars.

Joining the PAC-12 makes sense to me.
BYU joining the PAC-12 has been a discussion topic for 10+ years. But it will NEVER happen, especially in today's climate of intolerance to views contrary to one's own.

PAC-12 reps hide behind the reason that BYU is not a "research university", only an undergraduate school. But that's politically correct cover...the real reason is its religious foundation, not playing on Sundays, taking positions against social issues that conflict with California's secular administrators, etc. PAC-12 will never have a religious institution in its conference, not even if Notre Dame came calling. (btw, that eliminates Santa Clara, Pepperdine, LMU, USD, Gonzaga, to name just a few others)

Conservatives can't even give a speech on Berkeley's campus without a military-esque group of security and a protest of thousands because students feel threatened by someone advocating a pro-life position. Can you imagine the outrage when the LDS football team would come to town? (99% of students at BYU are Mormon.) Folks like Ann Coulter talk a lot of nonsense (and a lot I disagree with btw), but it' s not hate speech. And she deserves the right to speak anywhere/anytime. Just as AOC or others on the far left deserve the same. It seems that we should be able to separate sport from politics.

Big12 would be a better fit politically, especially with other Christian schools already in the conference (TCU, Baylor) but an interesting nugget is that Big12 has NO men's soccer in the conference. Although football and basketball drive the decisions, men's soccer would be eliminated.

N.C. stat

UCONN leaving ACC for BIG EAST. Rumors of BYU joining ACC but geographically makes zero sense. BYU already makes big 5 dollars.

Joining the PAC-12 makes sense to me.
slight correction...UConn was not in the ACC, they were in the AAC. And yes, they are moving to Big East.

BYU joining the PAC-12 has been a discussion topic for 10+ years. But it will NEVER happen, especially in today's climate of intolerance to views contrary to one's own.

PAC-12 reps hide behind the reason that BYU is not a "research university", only an undergraduate school. But that's politically correct cover...the real reason is its religious foundation, not playing on Sundays, taking positions against social issues that conflict with California's secular administrators, etc. PAC-12 will never have a religious institution in its conference, not even if Notre Dame came calling. (btw, that eliminates Santa Clara, Pepperdine, LMU, USD, Gonzaga, to name just a few others)

Conservatives can't even give a speech on Berkeley's campus without a military-esque group of security and a protest of thousands because students feel threatened by someone advocating a pro-life position. Can you imagine the outrage when the LDS football team would come to town? (99% of students at BYU are Mormon.) Folks like Ann Coulter talk a lot of nonsense (and a lot I disagree with btw), but it' s not hate speech. And she deserves the right to speak anywhere/anytime. Just as AOC or others on the far left deserve the same. It seems that we should be able to separate sport from politics.

Big12 would be a better fit politically, especially with other Christian schools already in the conference (TCU, Baylor) but an interesting nugget is that Big12 has NO men's soccer in the conference. Although football and basketball drive the decisions, men's soccer would be eliminated.
Let's not forget about APU and Biola.

Ann Coulter doesn't propagate hate speech? What planet are you from?

I don’t care about the trash talking in general and mostly enjoy it but when you drag A young woman who was a regular contributor her freshman year that has a schedule this year that looks like an injury just because her parent poster is a douche I need to raise my hand and say “hey map...cool it”. Keep it to the douche dad and don’t make assumptions.
Do you know the Dad?

My two sleepers making me look good

Santa Clara 2-0 at half vs. #3 oklahoma state. Wcc
Was a good conference this year.

My sleeper USF leads Washington. 1-0

Ann Coulter doesn't propagate hate speech? What planet are you from?
I can rephrase...even if she is speaking hate speech under your definition (whatever that is), she is entitled to do so. The US Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled, often UNANIMOUSLY, that hate speech is legally protected under the 1st A.

I can rephrase...even if she is speaking hate speech under your definition (whatever that is), she is entitled to do so. The US Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled, often UNANIMOUSLY, that hate speech is legally protected under the 1st A.

That is an irrelevant and interesting twisting of the facts. Why are you doing that?

And every entity is obligated to support that crap?

Why are you doing that?

Sacha Baron Cohen's speech about hate "speech" includes this --

First, Zuckerberg tried to portray this whole issue as “choices…around free expression.” That is ludicrous. This is not about limiting anyone’s free speech. This is about giving people, including some of the most reprehensible people on earth, the biggest platform in history to reach a third of the planet. Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach. Sadly, there will always be racists, misogynists, anti-Semites and child abusers. But I think we could all agree that we should not be giving bigots and pedophiles a free platform to amplify their views and target their victims.

Second, Zuckerberg claimed that new limits on what’s posted on social media would be to “pull back on free expression.” This is utter nonsense. The First Amendment says that “Congress shall make no law” abridging freedom of speech, however, this does not apply to private businesses like Facebook. We’re not asking these companies to determine the boundaries of free speech across society. We just want them to be responsible on their platforms.

If a neo-Nazi comes goose-stepping into a restaurant and starts threatening other customers and saying he wants kill Jews, would the owner of the restaurant be required to serve him an elegant eight-course meal? Of course not! The restaurant owner has every legal right and a moral obligation to kick the Nazi out, and so do these internet companies.

Back