2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

The USC team deserve better facilities. There is room in the parking lot behind the team benches for stands, bathrooms and locker rooms. USC has lots of money. At least the field is nice, but it could not have looked good on TV. Maybe the NCAA should pick the hosting team based on facilities which might encourage the private schools to free up some money. Pepperdine is even worse. One might almost think that women's sports don't matter at these institutions.
Their field is not nice. USC is the only Pac-12 school with no practice field and having to train on their game field as far as I know. It doesn’t seem to hurt their recruiting though

Their field is not nice. USC is the only Pac-12 school with no practice field and having to train on their game field as far as I know. It doesn’t seem to hurt their recruiting though
Not necessarily true. Colorado Cal and Utah at the least practice on their game pitch. The pitch at USC is as poor as I have seen it in the 4 years my dd has been there. Dry, hard and Brown with stands that stare into the setting sun under sapping trees. They deserve more

Dry, hard and Brown with stands that stare into the setting sun under sapping trees. They deserve more
[/QUOTE]

I was truck by the dust/dry grass that was being kicked up on some plays. Sun can be brutal. But I will also confess that I am a sucker for being able to buy a gallon of milk and get a validation on the way to my car.

"...only the second Bruin's soccer player ever to receive the honor."

nothing she does on the field will ever come close to a more impressive achievement, even a college Natty.

Agreed. Academic achievement has been the most consistent thing that we have preached to her. Sometimes it is difficult for a 9 year old or even an 18 year old to understand it, however, if they buy in then it is amazing what they can achieve.

Thank you for your kind words.

2-0 State with 25 mins left. A promise made should be a promise kept.

It always is. And as a parting statement I will pose a question. How much did YOUR daughter contribute to the win?

I will answer for you. Zero. When is she transferring back because she won’t ever see the field again. That must suck for you to realize that I correctly predicted your kid’s fate. You can’t fake talent.

Peace you weak sauce pansy.

It always is. And as a parting statement I will pose a question. How much did YOUR daughter contribute to the win?

I will answer for you. Zero. When is she transferring back because she won’t ever see the field again. That must suck for you to realize that I correctly predicted your kid’s fate. You can’t fake talent.

How classy.

Say it ain't so.

BYU won big over Louisville. Here is an interesting hypothetical — if BYU makes it to the final (big if but not impossible) — the final as scheduled now is on Sunday. BYU does not play games on Sunday any under circumstance. Would they forfeit or would the NCAA try to move the game to Saturday?

BYU won big over Louisville. Here is an interesting hypothetical — if BYU makes it to the final (big if but not impossible) — the final as scheduled now is on Sunday. BYU does not play games on Sunday any under circumstance. Would they forfeit or would the NCAA try to move the game to Saturday?

Prediction: they will play the game as scheduled. When the tournament was at Avaya (when USC won), the turf was terrible. They can't play on back-to-back days (and they should not ask the athletes to do so). To move it to Monday changes logistics. I doubt BYU would forfeit but we'd have a team-wide Sandy Koufax situation to watch.

Back