2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

What’s up with the soccer facility? Do they not care about women’s soccer there? You guys should have a stadium like Portland.

Yes we all often wonder this. The only good thing about it is the view...the bleachers are temporary, there are no real restrooms and no locker room. I guess the next big project they are going to fund is lights.

Dum
Yes we all often wonder this. The only good thing about it is the view...the bleachers are temporary, there are no real restrooms and no locker room. I guess the next big project they are going to fund is lights.
Dumb. We don’t need (or want) lights. Can’t enjoy the best view in NCAA sports in the dark. Somebody with some coin needs to pony up for a locker/seating combo al la Stanford. @Ricky Fandango Fieldhouse?

The part that really does not make sense is that they just completed a new dorm just uphill from the field in the past three years. They already had all of the construction equipment on site, but chose to only landscape the slope above the track instead of just making some concrete steps to serve as bleachers. The baseball stadium is nice though.

RPI of 49 before this RPI sinker...UOP in the 300s and 3-13

Pepp has to go one game at a time, their players deserve to go to the tournament. I'm still in awe of the helicopter goal by #9 vs Santa Clara
Yeah... might get some of it back against USF (if we win) but the season ender against St. Mary’s won’t do us any favors either.

a lot of “what if’s” this season. Definitely didn’t go as I had expected.

RPI? who the hell has Brown played and beat? RPI should be examined teams need to pass the eye test and actually beat someone good. BYU, Santa Clara, Pepperdine would handle BROWN easily.

Brown's tie to TX a and M. look art the stats. They were dominated. Does the RPI show that?

I can kinda get my head around the RPI rankings system, but what really blows my mind is the United Soccer Coaches rankings. Duke at 8-1-7 is ranked #9 in the country? 7 ties? Sandwiched between teams with 12 and 15 wins. No rhyme or reason to it.

Pepperdine has beaten Stanford, should have beaten Santa clara and tied UCLA. Provided they win out, they should be in. It's not their fault Pacific has an RPI of 300+. Ask USF if Pacific played like 300 RPI team last week in their 3-2 win. IMO RPI is flawed. Teams are still being left out. So really no different then before

Also outside of the power 5 it's hard to get your RPI rating up for smaller conferences. Big boys make you travel so it's an uphill battle. How's that fair.

Pepperdine has beaten Stanford, should have beaten Santa clara and tied UCLA. Provided they win out, they should be in. It's not their fault Pacific has an RPI of 300+. Ask USF if Pacific played like 300 RPI team last week in their 3-2 win. IMO RPI is flawed. Teams are still being left out. So really no different then before

What would you replace RPI with?

Back