2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Our very own speedkillz sat there wringing his hands the whole game. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack!:D She did awesome and now has some very unique statistics to brag about:cool:
Mad respect to all the keeper parents out there! Definitely harder to enjoy the game with my kid in goal. I think she may have channeled some of her high school volleyball skills on a couple plays.

Pac12 Sunday

ASU at Cal
AZ at Stanford
USC at OSU
UCLA at Oregon
Utah at Washington
Colorado at WSU

Big games on schedule, more conference shuffling potential and NCAA possibilities on the line.

What happened to LB St.? Picked to finish first, all DA level players, tournament last year, just getting crushed and playing awful this year,
I only saw them play twice, once in person and once via Live Stream. The two games I saw they played a very direct game. Most of their losses are by 1 goal (even to UCLA). With different bounces their record would be better, but all in all, they do not seem to be one of the top Big West teams this year.

I only saw them play twice, once in person and once via Live Stream. The two games I saw they played a very direct game. Most of their losses are by 1 goal (even to UCLA). With different bounces their record would be better, but all in all, they do not seem to be one of the top Big West teams this year.
Watch out for Hawaii. Been watching some of their games and was impressed.

Agree. It is also a grudge match since CSUF won the last league game and knocked Hawaii out of the NCAA tournament last year.

You mean Big West tournament. Big west is down this year with usual frontrunners Long Beach and UC Irvine having bad years (each with 4 wins yikes). Fullerton did well to go from last place to first place, but scheduled much easier. The champion will travel to UCLA or USC, a tall task. No eastbay no big west team will upset Cal.

Yes, meant Big West tournament. I was moving fast between emails. Not sure what pre-season schedule has to do with conference standings however.

Cal’s first rounds:

2014 - won over SDSU 3-2
2015- loss to LMU 1-0
2016 - loss to Pepperdine 1-1
2017 - loss to Santa Clara 2-1
2018 - not selected

3 years in a row they have drawn a wcc team. Looking like Pepperdine to me and another first round exit.

Yes, meant Big West tournament. I was moving fast between emails. Not sure what pre-season schedule has to do with conference standings however.
Yes I got caught between two thoughts, preseason wins and conference. UCI and Long Beach played tough schedules, both top 10 schedules, which hurts their win total. Has nothing to do with conference results though.

Cal’s first rounds:

2014 - won over SDSU 3-2
2015- loss to LMU 1-0
2016 - loss to Pepperdine 1-1
2017 - loss to Santa Clara 2-1
2018 - not selected

3 years in a row they have drawn a wcc team. Looking like Pepperdine to me and another first round exit.
2019 - Will make the third round. For once they look defensively sound and gk is a beast.

2019 - Will make the third round. For once they look defensively sound and gk is a beast.
History suggests otherwise but I'll have to see what the bracket looks like. I give them a shot because of their beast of a goalie.
I do wonder if the goalies behind her will transfer as there's no way they are getting meaningful time for the next three years!

Speaking of first round playoffs, does anyone have experience purchasing tickets for NCAA playoff games? Do you get them via the NCAA website?

Back