2016-1017 GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER THREAD

Scores?
Mater Dei on a roll. Possible repeat from 2015? Definitely good coaching at MD.
May be good coaching, but the some idiot on the MD team tore down the Hart Tribe banner on our side when the whistle blew. Funny...it was the fastest she ran all game. Too bad you can't coach sportsmanship.

Hart Tribe falls to Mater Dei in OT 0-1. Well played on both sides. Very proud of Hart as they prove more than worthy to battle it out in their first year of Div I.

Claremont 1-0 over Amat. Physical game. Amat had a chance to equalize on a pk, but missed. Claremont loses their striker for the finals on a questionable red card.

May be good coaching, but the some idiot on the MD team tore down the Hart Tribe banner on our side when the whistle blew. Funny...it was the fastest she ran all game. Too bad you can't coach sportsmanship.

Hart Tribe falls to Mater Dei in OT 0-1. Well played on both sides. Very proud of Hart as they prove more than worthy to battle it out in their first year of Div I.

Here's the video.... such bad sportsmanship...

https://twitter.com/haleymsawyer/status/836745769168220160

Reactions: HBE
How can you say it was a "Hart Tribe Banner" when it clearly had the words "mater dei" on it? So Hart had a banner on their sideline with the words "mater dei" on it, of which, the video does not show if there was any kind of message before the "mater dei" that was disparaging or negative not in line with the exact same "sportsmanship" you're now beating this MD player up for.....I wasn't there so I don't know anything other than what video showed (there's the longer version with different angle), but before I or anyone else call her out online (she's a kid btw, yet adults are cool with blasting her), shouldn't the entire story be told? Why was there a banner on Hart's side with the words "mater dei" on it? She didn't rip down a banner that said anything "hart" or "tribe" on it....was she responding to an obnoxious group of people that were hovering around the sign throughout the game (possibly the people on video that prevented her from finishing her removal of said sign) and she wanted what she felt was a "sign" of disrespect and unsportsmanship first from opposing team now torn down that her team was victorious in OT? Personally, I don't think a player would go to those lengths without first being given cause to....of which, ultimately, I would've done the same thing....you may proceed to blast me now for weighing in and presenting a different, probably unpopular opinion.

How can you say it was a "Hart Tribe Banner" when it clearly had the words "mater dei" on it? So Hart had a banner on their sideline with the words "mater dei" on it, of which, the video does not show if there was any kind of message before the "mater dei" that was disparaging or negative not in line with the exact same "sportsmanship" you're now beating this MD player up for.....I wasn't there so I don't know anything other than what video showed (there's the longer version with different angle), but before I or anyone else call her out online (she's a kid btw, yet adults are cool with blasting her), shouldn't the entire story be told? Why was there a banner on Hart's side with the words "mater dei" on it? She didn't rip down a banner that said anything "hart" or "tribe" on it....was she responding to an obnoxious group of people that were hovering around the sign throughout the game (possibly the people on video that prevented her from finishing her removal of said sign) and she wanted what she felt was a "sign" of disrespect and unsportsmanship first from opposing team now torn down that her team was victorious in OT? Personally, I don't think a player would go to those lengths without first being given cause to....of which, ultimately, I would've done the same thing....you may proceed to blast me now for weighing in and presenting a different, probably unpopular opinion.
Ok, so I looked again and there are two posters, creating one message....it actually says "GO HART BEAT" on one section of poster, then the other poster in question says "Mater Dei"......

Sorry, gotta clap back. It was a paper banner (or poster, or whatever else one can call these things). It was like every other banner you will see at a high school sporting event. "Go us - Beat - insert name of opposing team here." As for, "obnoxious group of people hovering around the sign throughout the game" - well that would be OUR side (home team) where we put OUR banners/posters. Opposing team has THEIR side for THEIR stuff. The "obnoxious" comment is funny. I, as a parent of a child that has played club soccer since Gu9 used to think EVERYONE on the opposite side of the pitch (back in the day), or now on the other side of midfield was jacked up, testy, rude, misguided, had no knowledge of the beautiful game and needed a sock to stuff in their big mouths. But that was when my girl was little. I got over it. People on the opposing side are pretty cool for the most part. I got over myself. My player didn't even notice wacked parents. So now you are saying this MD player possibly got riled up over obnoxious parents. That's a good one. Tune out the other side. Don't let them get in your head if you are that kind of player that lets it bother you. Geez, you've got to be in at least 10th grade and have been around club for a while. You surely have seen worse than this. And for the record...nothing horrible was going on. Normal soccer game cheering. Both stands equally loud.

Bottom line, she came over to our stands, and tried to tear down our banner. #NoClass

If only Hart defended their goal that game as well as their banner we'd be talking about their finals match-up with J-Serra....#maybenextyear

This shows more of the goal and banner thing

https://twitter.com/tciniglio/status/836746662475280384

I don't know what banner said but what I do know is her team won and at the other teams home field and that was all that was needed to "shut up" the other side of that was she was after. Coaches will see this since it's all over social media and it may not have been worth it in the long run.

I have been told it was a Mater Dei banner that the two players were going to hold up and run the field.

Well then basically she was probably running over to take it down to hold up? Nothing wrong with that just still would of been better to use cheer with your team.

Oh, BTW even more interesting is the banner was supposedly put up by Mater Dei...
Why would Mater Dei put up a "banner" on the HOME side of the field right next to other "banners" that supported the home team? That sounds more like spin to me by someone who doesn't want to admit any wrongdoing. It's interesting that the original twitter linked video was posted by a news staff writer so not someone who would have any vested interest in slamming an "innocent" player.

Why would Mater Dei put up a "banner" on the HOME side of the field right next to other "banners" that supported the home team? That sounds more like spin to me by someone who doesn't want to admit any wrongdoing. It's interesting that the original twitter linked video was posted by a news staff writer so not someone who would have any vested interest in slamming an "innocent" player.
#Fakenews....or perhaps the reporter saw what she wanted to? Very easily could have been the Mater Dei player wanting to use the poster to perhaps hold up as she and her teammates took a celebratory pic? However, because the Hart supporters essentially grabbed and restrained her, it made it look worse so the "story" was reported as the MD player having malicious intentions....did the reporter go over and actually get the facts from the MD player afterwards or did she just run with what she thought was the scoop, one that portrayed her as having no class....

Agree. I just asked someone who was there and this is what they told me. They were Mater Dei peoples so probably a spin.

To add to the above- if it was a male player would anyone care?
What if the sport was basketball (male or female) or football?

Back