Why keep arguing, NO FALL SOCCER!

kl
Let the kids play.

The University of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 in Youth Soccer study offered several valuable findings:

• Data was collected from 124 clubs representing over 90,000 players who have returned to play in more than 45,000 training sessions and 6,000 games since re-starting an average of 10 weeks prior to the survey.
  • 71 clubs (57%) had progressed to soccer participation that involved contact / unrestricted play in training or competition.
  • 100% of the clubs reported they had a formal COVID-19 plan in place to reduce risk.
  • A total of 325 positive cases were reported, including 282 positive cases in players, and 43 positive cases in staff.
  • Of the 325 positive cases, 1 case was reportedly traced to transmission in soccer.
  • No cases were reported to result in hospitalization or death.
The 282 reported positive cases in youth players represents a rate of 310 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 children. In comparison, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, during the 10 weeks prior to the survey (6/18/2020 through 8/27/2020) the nationwide case rate among children in the United States was 477 cases per 100,000 children.

#Science

Let the kids play.

The University of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 in Youth Soccer study offered several valuable findings:

• Data was collected from 124 clubs representing over 90,000 players who have returned to play in more than 45,000 training sessions and 6,000 games since re-starting an average of 10 weeks prior to the survey.
  • 71 clubs (57%) had progressed to soccer participation that involved contact / unrestricted play in training or competition.
  • 100% of the clubs reported they had a formal COVID-19 plan in place to reduce risk.
  • A total of 325 positive cases were reported, including 282 positive cases in players, and 43 positive cases in staff.
  • Of the 325 positive cases, 1 case was reportedly traced to transmission in soccer.
  • No cases were reported to result in hospitalization or death.
The 282 reported positive cases in youth players represents a rate of 310 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 children. In comparison, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, during the 10 weeks prior to the survey (6/18/2020 through 8/27/2020) the nationwide case rate among children in the United States was 477 cases per 100,000 children.

It took some digging to get past the press releases, but the Executive Summary is here --

D1 dead period extended until Jan 1! This means no on campus athletic visits, camps, or off campus evaluations by coaches for ALL d1 sports. They can do emails, text, zoom, calls etc if already allowed for your sport based on graduation year.

So usually they mean HS games. Does off campus evaluations also mean showcases? Silverlakes, ECNL Fall, Surf?
Riddle me this... Most 21’ “Blue Chip” recruits that are going to the top D1 programs signed at the beginning of their Junior year. So seniors that are not able to play right now may be helped by the delay, No? And the unsigned 21’s may end up at D2, D3 or NAIA anyways.
I guess my point/question is if you are an unsigned senior right now there still is hope to be seen and sign but probably not at a P5 team.

Word on the street is that two SD clubs were shutdown this morning by the City for not following social distancing protocols. Other than the club names, which I won't disclose, I don't know any other details than that.

Word on the street is that two SD clubs were shutdown this morning by the City for not following social distancing protocols. Other than the club names, which I won't disclose, I don't know any other details than that.

There is too much bullshit flying around without any of this "I won't disclose" nonsense. If you don't want to say, just don't post.

What does shutdown mean? They stopped the practice they saw? Or they told the club to stop operations?

Back