Why keep arguing, NO FALL SOCCER!

Our numbers in AZ are dropping through the floor. Things are getting much better. Our local soccer authority just moved us to phase 4 of the plan and we are starting fall leagues on time. Our population density in metro PHX is very similar to that of LA. Sprawl. So you can't really use that as an argument. We will have fall baseball and soccer and still have our Covid numbers drop. These are not mutually exclusive events. The difference between CA and AZ is the politics and the fear. We and other states have found ways to get parts of our lives back while successfully battling COVID. The numbers don't lie.
This is what is going on in AZ this weekend and we will have multiple tournaments on Labor day. Also its not just us Desert Conference starts on time in Salt Lake so UT and NV are doing the same things. Yes.. there are teams traveling for league play. Looks like Cali may lose an entire year of soccer and development so the kids in the other western states will be that much stronger next year.

I told everyone HB just lost Sunshine to Texas.

Dad: Hey coach, I just left crazy Cali and the Corona. My boy needs to play football and have in person school.
Coach" Welcome to Texas and welcome to the team

Our numbers in AZ are dropping through the floor. Things are getting much better. Our local soccer authority just moved us to phase 4 of the plan and we are starting fall leagues on time. Our population density in metro PHX is very similar to that of LA. Sprawl. So you can't really use that as an argument. We will have fall baseball and soccer and still have our Covid numbers drop. These are not mutually exclusive events. The difference between CA and AZ is the politics and the fear. We and other states have found ways to get parts of our lives back while successfully battling COVID. The numbers don't lie.
This is what is going on in AZ this weekend and we will have multiple tournaments on Labor day. Also its not just us Desert Conference starts on time in Salt Lake so UT and NV are doing the same things. Yes.. there are teams traveling for league play. Looks like Cali may lose an entire year of soccer and development so the kids in the other western states will be that much stronger next year.

I heard one of the AR'S in yesterdays game passed out as he was going down the sideline because of the heat? This was during an 03 girls game. I heard the later games temps were around 108? They said he was in bad shape. Hope he recovers

I heard one of the AR'S in yesterdays game passed out as he was going down the sideline because of the heat? This was during an 03 girls game. I heard the later games temps were around 108? They said he was in bad shape. Hope he recovers
Could be. The Refs are on the fields for hours where kids are an hour and out. This will be taxing on the refs. I believe they are providing water/hydration stations and shade for the refs but I don't know. Our game is this morning so Ill know more then. My daughter refs but only at the younger ages, 03s can cover some ground so i bet those refs were running hard. Its possible the refs aren't game fit either. This is the first big event of the season.

Wasn't the point of the OP to stop arguing? Regardless of what your thoughts are regarding RTP and Covid I agree with @Anon9 on needing to stop the arguing, not for the reason he gave, but simply because it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I've said it before and I'll say it again, coming on here to argue is pointless. We live in CA so we have to wait and see what happens simple as that. Do I think some of the people posting on here are idiots? yes! but guess what? I don't care about the people on here being idiots or their political stance because this is a soccer forum. Soccer is what binds us all on this forum, so let's stop arguing about Liberals, Trump, Newsom, Covid stats, etc. Our kids aren't playing right now and it sucks, but life goes on. There is still plenty of soccer to talk about... last nights MLS game, Champions League final, Changes in management/Coaches etc., Blues suck, Blues are great, Slammers suck, Slammers are great! etc. so please for the love of (whoever/whatever you believe in) stop all the arguing, or exchange phone numbers or become FB,Twitter,IG friends and argue over on that platform....

Enjoy your Sunday everyone...

Wasn't the point of the OP to stop arguing? Regardless of what your thoughts are regarding RTP and Covid I agree with @Anon9 on needing to stop the arguing, not for the reason he gave, but simply because it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I've said it before and I'll say it again, coming on here to argue is pointless. We live in CA so we have to wait and see what happens simple as that. Do I think some of the people posting on here are idiots? yes! but guess what? I don't care about the people on here being idiots or their political stance because this is a soccer forum. Soccer is what binds us all on this forum, so let's stop arguing about Liberals, Trump, Newsom, Covid stats, etc. Our kids aren't playing right now and it sucks, but life goes on. There is still plenty of soccer to talk about... last nights MLS game, Champions League final, Changes in management/Coaches etc., Blues suck, Blues are great, Slammers suck, Slammers are great! etc. so please for the love of (whoever/whatever you believe in) stop all the arguing, or exchange phone numbers or become FB,Twitter,IG friends and argue over on that platform....

Excellent bro. No more rabbit holes. Soccer will bind the world together as well. Soccer is life!!! Blues is #1 club because they win. My dd team won state cup with Blues. Then, I made a deal to bring all star goats to Surf and then they became the #1 club in da country. Who is top club today?

Population of PHX, 1.6 million, population of LA, 3.9 million. Maybe all the "hot air" in those states is helping to decrease the viral load. Don't worry about the development of kids in Cali, they are doing just fine.

Population of PHX, 1.6 million, population of LA, 3.9 million. Maybe all the "hot air" in those states is helping to decrease the viral load. Don't worry about the development of kids in Cali, they are doing just fine.
By the way, that was LA city, LA county population is 10 million.

I sense the frustration on this forum and read through differing opinions on the state of play in California. Quick background, my DD played in SoCal for 5 years before we moved our family to Texas. We have many friends whose DDs play for various DA/ECNL squads, so I have personal knowledge about the situation on the ground in Southern California. For the past two years my DD has played at the DA level and now venturing into ECNL which begins next week in Texas. In listening to the frustrations from various members on this board I wanted to see how bad it truly is in California as compared to Texas. I was surprised to see that California has less cases and deaths per million than Texas. Yes, California has slightly higher overall case numbers but even that is negligible. My DD has been attending EPT training twice a week, team practices 4 times a week, participated in two tournaments, various weekend scrimmages, daily practices with the varsity squad at her High School and has chosen to do in-person learning. That’s not to mention that other sports like summer softball, baseball, volleyball and football have all been playing in tournaments or are ramping up for the season to come. I’m not sure what type of threshold California is looking for to give the green light to sports, but here in Texas with all that activity my DD and her teammates have gone through, there has been minimal cases or transmissions since June. Stay safe everyone.

Excellent bro. No more rabbit holes. Soccer will bind the world together as well. Soccer is life!!! Blues is #1 club because they win. My dd team won state cup with Blues. Then, I made a deal to bring all star goats to Surf and then they became the #1 club in da country. Who is top club today?
I'll go with MVLA, but I have a norcal bias.

I sense the frustration on this forum and read through differing opinions on the state of play in California. Quick background, my DD played in SoCal for 5 years before we moved our family to Texas. We have many friends whose DDs play for various DA/ECNL squads, so I have personal knowledge about the situation on the ground in Southern California. For the past two years my DD has played at the DA level and now venturing into ECNL which begins next week in Texas. In listening to the frustrations from various members on this board I wanted to see how bad it truly is in California as compared to Texas. I was surprised to see that California has less cases and deaths per million than Texas. Yes, California has slightly higher overall case numbers but even that is negligible. My DD has been attending EPT training twice a week, team practices 4 times a week, participated in two tournaments, various weekend scrimmages, daily practices with the varsity squad at her High School and has chosen to do in-person learning. That’s not to mention that other sports like summer softball, baseball, volleyball and football have all been playing in tournaments or are ramping up for the season to come. I’m not sure what type of threshold California is looking for to give the green light to sports, but here in Texas with all that activity my DD and her teammates have gone through, there has been minimal cases or transmissions since June. Stay safe everyone.
So happy for your dd. Bottom line, were soft in Socal. Plus______________is playing a big roll and most of all the ___________________ have the fields. So, I ask from the bottom of my heart when you guys destroy our teams in ECNL SW, to have and compassion. Were so far behind ((Unless your in the UGLY League)) that we will be behind you guys in all areas of sport. My buddy has a son in HS playing football and it's worse then touch football. Already hard enough playing all your top teams in the State of Texas. Now we will get destroyed. Were all watching to see how your kids end up. Stay safe and keep us all posted :)

I'll go with MVLA, but I have a norcal bias.
You might be right. No disruption for that club. They picked wisely and stayed true to themselves. Plus, they picked up other goats from the GDA league that folded. Karma has treated them well. This is only my perceptions and speculations. I have no clue except to say I think you're right. Anyone else? I hear Solor is really good as well. I like Crossfire too. They got smart and bailed after one year of GDA, just like my family.

@Anon9 you know what, I think today I'm seeing a big light in the rabbit hole now. I went into one and it was pitch black. My wife said you must go through the darkness in order to find the Light. Soccer and school in socal ((not all distrcts)) will be open and sports might be played after all. I want to give you some hope. Not fluff. I said hole in one of a chance last week if we play this fall. I got some news this morning that made the odds go to just landing on the green. However, it's this green and you only get once chance. If you miss the green, you die. Football can wait until after New Years. Futbol should be played in September ((Surf Cup?)) or ECNL League games in October. That gives all the goats in Socal 5 weeks to get their bodies in soccer shape. Right now, CO, AZ, NV and Texas will kick our asses and we will have zero YNT picks. Were getting too far behind on the woman side.

1598201026496.png

:D Let's not argue but let's create another thread to argue, well done op!

Some youth sports and soccer have been tagged as medium risk in California.

That classification I don't necessarily agree with, low risk would be more appropriate. Let's work with everyone to prove youth soccer is low risk and get things open back up and soccer reclassified. Do your part, follow through, going rouge doesn't help the cause.

California is where it is partly because people & politicians don't work together better or care enough about making positive change, would rather argue or get on social media to rant about some narrow points of view. Change the narrative, find solutions not problems, debate is fine, vote and interact with the political process to make the changes you think are needed.

SoCal metro area 20 million. Oh wait add another 5 million illegals. You're really putting Phoenix up against L.A., no wonder you lose all the time.
What matters is populatin density.
LA- 8,500 people/ sq mi
Phoenix- 3,500 people/ sq mi
I never compared both. Looked at the thread. But Phoenix is well populated as well.

All of the Slammers teams my kids have played against are super trashy (no idea of they all have been CDA or the regular one) for some reason. So yeah, Slammers suck.

Back