USWNT

I still don’t get why Press is not a starter. She is a Socal native from the Slammers...Scored more goals than any other player in history at Stanford...her record still stands for all time...comes from a very successful family...
it's because she doesn't connect (skill/touch/pass) as well as Rapinoe and Heath. She's quick and not afraid to take on players on the dribble (why she is more successful than Pugh), but lacks the accuracy and touch that Rapinoe and Heath provide on the wings. I think she is more of a 9 than 7 or 11. But since Neymorg is firmly entrenched in the 9 spot, Press gets moved to the sides, hoping that Rapinoe opens her mouth off the field so that she can gain more time on it.

NWSL gets new TV deal on back of the win and

as predicted... https://deadline.com/2019/07/nwsl-tv-deal-espn-womens-pro-soccer-1202642209/

Win or lose this has been a great World Cup. As a person who normally only watched the USA I watched almost every game this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

it's because she doesn't connect (skill/touch/pass) as well as Rapinoe and Heath. She's quick and not afraid to take on players on the dribble (why she is more successful than Pugh), but lacks the accuracy and touch that Rapinoe and Heath provide on the wings. I think she is more of a 9 than 7 or 11. But since Neymorg is firmly entrenched in the 9 spot, Press gets moved to the sides, hoping that Rapinoe opens her mouth off the field so that she can gain more time on it.

as predicted... https://deadline.com/2019/07/nwsl-tv-deal-espn-womens-pro-soccer-1202642209/

They haven't won. NWSL got the deal regardless of whether they win. The deal was inevitable, as the NWSL didn't have a current TV deal. And it's really only for 10 games for one season - not much of deal. :(

They haven't won. NWSL got the deal regardless of whether they win. The deal was inevitable, as the NWSL didn't have a current TV deal. And it's really only for 10 games for one season - not much of deal. :(

I don't know the value (if any) of the deal, but the previous deal was just a promotion play. I wish the NWSL the best of luck, but the reality is there simply is no money in any professional women's team sports. WNBA, WNHL, NWSL are all subsidized novelties. We watch the World Cup because of Nationalistic pride ... 'Merica. We watch our kids play soccer because its our kids. We watch professional soccer because it represents the highest level and is entertaining. We don't watch the NWSL because its not very good soccer and that will not change.

Ok, not impressed by that prediction. How about these?
US wins 2-0
Neymorg flops 4 times and turns ball over 5x
Rapinoe starts to Press's dismay and wins the golden boot despite Nike wanting Morgan to win it;
Naeher only has to make 1 challenging save

Golden boot -- Rapinoe, Morgan, and White (England ) all have 6 goals. The first tiebreaker, so I have read, is assists. Rapinoe and Morgan both have 3, White has 0.

What's the next tiebreaker?

Back