Thread watched G2010 - How’s the 2023 season going?

Not likely to happen, perhaps because being #4 in Sonoran is more impressive than being #1 in GA Southwest.

Sharks have a winning record in the hardest division of the hardest league in the country. That’s an achievement all by itself.
Last I checked, 4th place Sonoran doesn’t get you into a playoff spot. I think being a GA National Champion has a better ring than 4th place Sonoran with an 8-7-4 record and a GD of 5.

Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it’s worth. Imo that GA team making a deep playoff run is probably going to get more looks.

Just look at league records.

It clearly shows the teams that are winning and the ones that arent.

What I'm saying is that if you feel GA is 2nd to ECNL but your kid is playing on a mid to lower level ECNL team why not just join a GA team + run the league + be featured in showcases?

Heres an example, (using your logic) Sharks ECNL g2010 players could take over SDSC GA 2010 + now instead of being 3rd behind Surf and Blues (which will never change) they can potentially be #1 in GA. The same kind of thing could also happen at Fram and/or West Coast who are both rumored to be rostering ECNL players. So its probabaly already happening at those clubs.

I can see that logic. Maybe it just took awhile for my perspective to get there.

"Last I checked, 4th place Sonoran doesn’t get you into a playoff spot. I think being a GA National Champion has a better ring than 4th place Sonoran with an 8-7-4 record and a GD of 5.

Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it’s worth. Imo that GA team making a deep playoff run is probably going to get more looks."

More looks from who? No college scouts will be watching the 2010s at playoffs. Don't worry.

"Last I checked, 4th place Sonoran doesn’t get you into a playoff spot. I think being a GA National Champion has a better ring than 4th place Sonoran with an 8-7-4 record and a GD of 5.

Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it’s worth. Imo that GA team making a deep playoff run is probably going to get more looks."

More looks from who? No college scouts will be watching the 2010s at playoffs. Don't worry.
At the community at large.. no one cares about 4th place…regardless what division they’re in.. and in reality it’s more like tied for 7/8th when you add the two SW divisions..

Natty in any league has a nice ring to it. My dd team won the oldest youth soccer trophy in our country. It was a crazy year in 2017 but this win was beautiful and fun to witness.

In the last showcase we attended there were 3-4 scouts watching 2010 games at all times. They'd watch for a while + different scouts would come and go.

I'm sure some attended as a courtesy to the club/clubs that they were watching. But the reality was that scouts were attending + checking out 2010s.

In the last showcase we attended there were 3-4 scouts watching 2010 games at all times. They'd watch for a while + different scouts would come and go.

I'm sure some attended as a courtesy to the club/clubs that they were watching. But the reality was that scouts were attending + checking out 2010s.
When my dd was 13 we had scouts everywhere watching. The scouts even came to the fields to watch. No in person talking allowed back then to said player, only email from player allowed and then the two could chat on the phone and text. I will say that was honored when my dd was playing at the highest level. The scouts even ran practices and it was amazing to see them come out. I didn't allow her to email as 13 year old because she was not ready at that age. My buddy has a very good 2010 and he said scouts are coming to check on the future top players as well. I found this pic. This was when my dd was allowed to play soccer in the top league and when the scouts liked her. She was bad for business for the new top league because she dared to play HS Soccer. Who knows what would have happen if they allowed her to play full time soccer and if her old man kept his big mouth shut. I think she only played 17 more club games in 4 years after that as a part time Tier 2 league player. Those are important years for top players looking to ball against the best of the best but she was blocked entry and then later blacklisted. Amazing how a kid at 13 can be so highly sought after and then disregarded for a choice.

27.jpg

When my dd was 13 we had scouts everywhere watching. The scouts even came to the fields to watch. No in person talking allowed back then to said player, only email from player allowed and then the two could chat on the phone and text. I will say that was honored when my dd was playing at the highest level. The scouts even ran practices and it was amazing to see them come out. I didn't allow her to email as 13 year old because she was not ready at that age. My buddy has a very good 2010 and he said scouts are coming to check on the future top players as well. I found this pic. This was when my dd was allowed to play soccer in the top league and when the scouts liked her. She was bad for business for the new top league because she dared to play HS Soccer. Who knows what would have happen if they allowed her to play full time soccer and if her old man kept his big mouth shut. I think she only played 17 more club games in 4 years after that as a part time Tier 2 league player. Those are important years for top players looking to ball against the best of the best but she was blocked entry and then later blacklisted. Amazing how a kid at 13 can be so highly sought after and then disregarded for a choice.

View attachment 16457
So the scouts ran practices but weren’t allowed to say anything in person? How effective was that practice?

So the scouts ran practices but weren’t allowed to say anything in person? How effective was that practice?
The scouts talked soccer only and they were some of the best practices my dd ever had. They just couldn't talk about going to their college and try and recruit your dd to their school. They never did. It was the Docs that talked to us at 7th grade college night.

As a PS (I always think of things I wish I had said) Consider how good SoCal girls soccer is. I will continue to push back that the top 10 ECNL teams in SoCal is extremely good and even in the category of elite. Using the Ranking service that is pretty good, our 10th rated California ECNL team is the Slammers FC. They are ranked 39th in the country. You are with City, and it is the second ranked GA team in the country, ranked 9th in CA. You are elite, but without going statically nerd here, the rankings greatly suggest that the preponderance of top girls teams are in ECNL, particularly in SoCal. I really look forward to ManCity and Surf Cup to see some head to head competition between ECNL teams and GA teams.

I guess we saw what happens when the top GA team by far plays a top ECNL team. City SC was what undefeated in league and beating up everyone they played and Blues beat them 4-1. That should put to rest which league is the best for at least the 2010 age group.

It's not 1 game that puts to rest which league is best - it's the comprehensive game history of all of the teams that gives a pretty thorough expectation of outcomes. When the #3 team in country plays the #27 team in country, the result of 1 game is not guaranteed - but it's highly likely. In this case Blues would be expected to beat City by 2, and ended up beating them by 3. But unexpected results do occur. On the boys side in 2011 at the same tournament, the #277 team in the country tied the #2 team in the country on 5/26, even though they were expected to lose by 5 goals (and did lose the other 5 of 6 games in the tournament)

I guess we saw what happens when the top GA team by far plays a top ECNL team. City SC was what undefeated in league and beating up everyone they played and Blues beat them 4-1. That should put to rest which league is the best for at least the 2010 age group.
I was able to watch the Blues v City game + it was closer than the score shows. In the beginning it was very obvious that City wasnt used to Blues speed of play. After they adjusted things evened out. Shots on goal + time of posession was fairly even. The biggest difference was Blues was on frame with most of their shots + with power. City hit every post and crossmember multiple times. Also the final would have been 3-1 Blues but they scored one at the very end.

For Blues Manchester 110% shows all the drama of players leaving for Slammers means nothing.

For City doesnt seem like a bad showing against the team that won it all by beating Surf 2-1.

One game or tournament doesnt prove or disprove anything. Blues and Surf are going to ECNL playoffs as top seeds and City is going to GA playoffs as a top seed. Recruiters will monitor both GA and ECNL playoffs for talent.

For the "ECNL is king" people out there. Watch out, theres a couple of Socal clubs (ECNL and others) monitoring very closely what's happening with City + GA.

Back