SCDSL Flight 1 applications

Also, some SCDSL clubs sell that they have teams at every level, thus their training and team is appropriate for your kids' level of play. So regardless of whether the tier 1 team is fully made up of "flight 1 quality" players, they will enter that flight. I would expect the top flights this year will be quite imbalanced because of the age changes and, as Espola writes, approval by persons unknown to appease DOC requests.

You'll see some coaches scratching their head this coming season! For instance, we are an older b02 team half of them played u14 last year in premier, most teams in this age group were u13 gold/silver elite, and jumping to premier. We have played some of these teams and you can see the speed, size and experience between the two. I hope your coach/Doc was being realistic as to what bracket a team should play, this year has more factors then any other time in youth soccer. God luck and always have fun...

Just looking at my son's group I am glad to see that some teams are being realistic with what they have. It is not fun to beat teams up if they choose to play in the wrong flight. Last year we played a team in the flight 1 bracket who lost every game. I don't know how young boys can gain confidence by being pounded every week.

17 boys in the flight 1 04 group is great. We have or will play many of the teams by the start of season and there is some great competition. I look forward to watching some great futbol!

Looking at girls 2005, there are a few flight 1 teams that won 2 or less games last year in Flight 1 in gu11?
Did they have most of their team last year born in 2005?

SCDSL so much promise 1st couple of years but that has faded somewhat, league appears not be growing any longer and the management is somewhat ambivalent.

With the calender year change thought there would be a bunch more teams in this league compared to last year but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Flights 2's continue to get the most teams, Flight 3 less teams, and Flight 1 about the same or fewer teams.

The larger clubs have almost interclub play in some of these flights; (6) Six CDA Slammers teams in some of the flight 1's or (7) seven teams in Flight 2's for the Pats
in 03's for example indicates the league needs a better way to manage or organize the competition.

Looking at girls 2005, there are a few flight 1 teams that won 2 or less games last year in Flight 1 in gu11?
Did they have most of their team last year born in 2005?
G05 is actually pretty balanced in comparison to some of the other age groups, but there still are some teams in Flight 1 that make you scratch your head.

G05 is actually pretty balanced in comparison to some of the other age groups, but there still are some teams in Flight 1 that make you scratch your head.

I know for a fact that 2 of the flight 1 team from last year gu11 that won 2 or less game was completely dismantled with only 1 or 2 players returning. However, after the rebuilding i don't know if they should be playing flight 1 or not.

I know for a fact that 2 of the flight 1 team from last year gu11 that won 2 or less game was completely dismantled with only 1 or 2 players returning. However, after the rebuilding i don't know if they should be playing flight 1 or not.
There is no "should be".

I'm guessing, for this year, with all the shifting, if you mixed the flight 1 teams into the flight the flt 2 division, at least half of them would not finish at the top of the rankings. Obviously there is a cream of the crop whose composition is still mostly the same from last year and will be fantastic teams, but I'm guessing half of them are courtesy flt 1 slots, based on last year, which has little relevance to this year.

Unfortunately, your position as a " Flight I" team has little to do with your teams playing ability this year.

You'll hear people with older kids complain that the new age group changes means that their kid is going to "lose a year" because they will age out sooner.
But for the younger groups, some may consider this year to be a lost year too. There will be some unbalanced games across all age groups this year. I guess there always are, but this year should see some real discrepancies.

Flights now listed:
http://www.scdslsoccer.com/clubdirectory/flights/index_E.html

Since they kids have been very young players we always had a saying that has served them well " Not who you play but how you play"

Neither of them to this date have much concern to what teams they are facing ; being consistent in your play, tactics, style, communications to teammates & coaches it more important to them.

Nothing should be wasted, there are learning experiences in any situation.

SCDSL so much promise 1st couple of years but that has faded somewhat, league appears not be growing any longer and the management is somewhat ambivalent.

Is it accurate that many (some?) of the coaches/clubs permit players to play in 2+ Saturday games for their Club's teams - maybe they don't play too many minutes in the morning, so they play for another club team in the afternoon? Not within the rules of course, but it sounds like many clubs do this?

Is it accurate that many (some?) of the coaches/clubs permit players to play in 2+ Saturday games for their Club's teams - maybe they don't play too many minutes in the morning, so they play for another club team in the afternoon? Not within the rules of course, but it sounds like many clubs do this?

No, haven't seen or heard about that in SCDSL. My kids played in the league first 3 years but have moved on .

You can club pass but not on the same day. Seen Saturday/Sunday passes either way or passing when a team has a bye or off week.

Playing for different teams the same day would be likely noticed either by the kids who play (know each other) or the roster review so I doubt you will see that unless some coaches want to risk suspensions & forfeits.

Last edited:
Back