NWSL opening weekend

That would have been a bad choice when and where I grew up. A black boy named Fujita Tanaka would have been bullied without mercy in an all white town in the 1970s.

Eddie’s family was a two parent family focused on education. The dad was a doctor, and the mom stayed at home to focus on the kids. Both of them did just fine. Which kind of proves your point.

Eddie’s family also had the resources to find a real estate agent who was willing to find them a house in the good school district. Which kind of proves Dre’s point.
About 25 years ago I took a Sociology class on the destruction of the black family and the class highlighted a couple of issues.

As a form of oppression blacks are the only group where women are the breadwinners and the backbone of our community. I remember the studies reflecting that black women attained education at a much higher rate than black men. Black women also received employment at a much higher rate than men. The class pointed out black men usually leave their families out of an inability to provide and low self esteem.

About 25 years ago I took a Sociology class on the destruction of the black family and the class highlighted a couple of issues.

As a form of oppression blacks are the only group where women are the breadwinners and the backbone of our community. I remember the studies reflecting that black women attained education at a much higher rate than black men. Black women also received employment at a much higher rate than men. The class pointed out black men usually leave their families out of an inability to provide and low self esteem.

Oppression? Which form is that? Self oppression? Or can we blame someone else? Trump... white cops... plantation owners... John Wayne?

Yeah, I know more because I research it and you don't. I've researched the cases of dead black criminals that died because they were too stupid to comply with police. I've read multiple articles. I've watched multiple videos. Like most black people, you determine guilt and innocence by skin color. And if you don't follow the narrative, you're labeled an Uncle Tom. I guess loyalty is more important than thinking for oneself.

Maybe you'd appear more intelligent on the subject if you educated yourself rather than using "deductive reasoning" based on your skin pigment? As much crying as you do about police brutality and oppression, you sure don't know a Hell of a lot when asked for evidence.

Black folks are good at sports and crime. Not much else. Neither of which I'm forced to compete with.
So what is the source of your fear? It’s okay... I want to make this a “safe space” for you. You can talk to your pal Dre!

So what is the source of your fear? It’s okay... I want to make this a “safe space” for you. You can talk to your pal Dre!

My fear is that stupid people, and uninformed people like yourself, THINK they know something. They don't... and you don't... but let's go paint some graffiti on the street so the hoodrats think they're being heard and have some power.

My fear is that stupid people, and uninformed people like yourself, THINK they know something. They don't... and you don't... but let's go paint some graffiti on the street so the hoodrats think they're being heard and have some power.
Do you believe any form of discrimination exist?

If you know, I’d love to hear why.

My personal opinion... behavior. Why do you think COPS was taken off the air? Why do you think cities will no longer publish mugshots with arrests? Why do you think it's so hard to fire minorities these days? Why do you think Jesse Jackson said the following:

1594672753211.png

Yeah, I know more because I research it and you don't. I've researched the cases of dead black criminals that died because they were too stupid to comply with police. I've read multiple articles. I've watched multiple videos. Like most black people, you determine guilt and innocence by skin color. And if you don't follow the narrative, you're labeled an Uncle Tom. I guess loyalty is more important than thinking for oneself.

Maybe you'd appear more intelligent on the subject if you educated yourself rather than using "deductive reasoning" based on your skin pigment? As much crying as you do about police brutality and oppression, you sure don't know a Hell of a lot when asked for evidence.

Black folks are good at sports and crime. Not much else. Neither of which I'm forced to compete with.
MSU study actually showed that deaths in police custody pretty much track violent crime rates, regardless of race.

So, black criminals are just about as likely as white criminals to be killed by law enforcement. No more, no less.

In other words, deaths in police custody isn‘t a race thing. So you don’t need to specify whether the criminal was black, white, or cheeto-orange. It’s the same story all around.

My personal opinion... behavior. Why do you think COPS was taken off the air? Why do you think cities will no longer publish mugshots with arrests? Why do you think it's so hard to fire minorities these days? Why do you think Jesse Jackson said the following:

View attachment 8124
I wonder if @Soccerfan2 has access to the Sociological studies that shows racism, discrimination etc. is tied to fear of competition over scarce resources?

I wonder if @Soccerfan2 has access to the Sociological studies that shows racism, discrimination etc. is tied to fear of competition over scarce resources?
Anytime the researcher presumes to psychoanalyze an entire group of people and tell me their motivation, the presumption tells me more than the study.

This is one of the reasons sociology remains the softest of the soft sciences. That, and the blatant anti-conservative bias in their hiring, publication, and promotion practices. The anti-black bias in soccerfan’s data was about 13/10. The anti-conservative bias in tenured sociology positions rates close to 20/1 on the same scale.

Anytime the researcher presumes to psychoanalyze an entire group of people and tell me their motivation, the presumption tells me more than the study.

This is one of the reasons sociology remains the softest of the soft sciences. That, and the blatant anti-conservative bias in their hiring, publication, and promotion practices. The anti-black bias in soccerfan’s data was about 13/10. The anti-conservative bias in tenured sociology positions rates close to 20/1 on the same scale.
And your politically biased ethnocentric view is dispositive on the issue?

Nope. Just talking numbers. If a 13:10 hiring difference is proof of bias, then a 20:1 hiring difference is also proof of bias.

You can’t have that one both ways.
Maybe they hired the best people. And numbers and stats can be manipulated too.
Kinda makes me wonder about the political slant of the source of your information.

For societal issues, I believe Sociologist are the subject matter experts. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would prefer to look at the data instead of giving my personal opinion.

Back