New ECNL Clubs

Bro, what up? Please speak to your Docs and make the switch now. I'll negotiate three ECNL teams for you guys right now. Give me the number. We need Solar and one more and its over. ECNL needs to find a way for regulation.

Solar will have to make a choice if they don't win an ECNL National Championship this year. By the looks of things, that isn't going to happen. I would bet Solar will be in ECNL next year and not DA.

Bro, what up? Please speak to your Docs and make the switch now. I'll negotiate three ECNL teams for you guys right now. Give me the number. We need Solar and one more and its over. ECNL needs to find a way for regulation.
Right now Solar is a dual club (DA/ECNL) so a decision either way is probably forthcoming. Not sure which way at this point. BTW I've got zero cred with the DOC, sorry!

Right now Solar is a dual club (DA/ECNL) so a decision either way is probably forthcoming. Not sure which way at this point. BTW I've got zero cred with the DOC, sorry!
Breaking News coming out of Texas............
1583868661961.png
You guys have some of the best athletes around. My dd loved playing Texas teams. I can;t wait to battle next year with you guys. We should just have one BIG Socal Summer tournament this year to see who fits where. That travel company out of AZ can pick up the tab for of all you coming. I will call the hotels and see if I can you all a discount.

My view from about 4,500 miles away... SoCal GDA looks awfully good in terms of level of play and travel requirements, both of which really suck for other parts of the country. So unless the high school draw is overwhelming or y'all get tired of dominating at the national level, I don't see why any clubs would switch to ECNL. That is, unless a club wants more control, and the ability to improve profitability.

Looking at the Soccer Wire top 20 list, other than Top Hat, there are no top 20 clubs in DA outside of CA & TX going into next year.

1. Solar (dual)
  2. Top Hat (DA)
  3. PDA (ECNL)
  4. So Cal Blues (dual)
  5. Legends (DA)
  6. Surf (DA)
  7. Beach (DA)
  8. Real Colorado (ECNL)
  9. FC Dallas (DA)
  10. EarthQuakes (DA)
  11. Michigan Hawks (ECNL)
  12. MVLA (ECNL)
  13. Concord Fire (ECNL)
  14. LAFC Slammers (ECNL)
  15. San Juan SC (ECNL)
  16. St. Louis SG (ECNL)
  17. Mustang (ECNL)
  18. VA Development Academy (ECNL)
  19. Eclipse Select (ECNL)
  20. Sting (ECNL)

Tophat rumored to be mulling the two team offer. If they go ECNL, then my guess is that Solar goes. If that happens, Lonestar goes (they already dropped boys DA for ECNL). If that happens, then FC Dallas has nobody to play. They also will likely go ECNL.

Lavers should be on the phone to Solar and FCD (and Tophat) right now figuring out a deal. This may be his opportunity. If FCD and Solar get two teams each and leave DA for ECNL, the Frontier Conference is dead. SoCal can't be far behind. If all that happens, I think US Soccer is off the hook for having to proved a Girl's DA Program or risk being sued (the entire reason for it's existence). They provided it, and it was rejected.

Tophat rumored to be mulling the two team offer. If they go ECNL, then my guess is that Solar goes. If that happens, Lonestar goes (they already dropped boys DA for ECNL). If that happens, then FC Dallas has nobody to play. They also will likely go ECNL.

Lavers should be on the phone to Solar and FCD (and Tophat) right now figuring out a deal. This may be his opportunity. If FCD and Solar get two teams each and leave DA for ECNL, the Frontier Conference is dead. SoCal can't be far behind. If all that happens, I think US Soccer is off the hook for having to proved a Girl's DA Program or risk being sued (the entire reason for it's existence). They provided it, and it was rejected.
Well Timmy, can someone at least get the freaking hook out of mouth?

1583869976438.png

Up here in the northeast all of the strong clubs (PDA, World Class, FC Stars, Scorpions, Match Fit, etc.) are in ECNL. North East GDA is very week. HS soccer is a very big draw for the girls here.

Up here in the northeast all of the strong clubs (PDA, World Class, FC Stars, Scorpions, Match Fit, etc.) are in ECNL. North East GDA is very week. HS soccer is a very big draw for the girls here.
That's what I heard. Over here, the dads who never played HS sports blacklisted HS Soccer and attacked it "as lame" I loved HS Sports and most girls my dd age love to play for their school too. Horay Horay for the girls. And to think I tried to twist my dd arm to stay DA and stay away from all the fun in HS and especially all them boys. Oh well, she's having fun and that's what most girls want to do.

My view from about 4,500 miles away... SoCal GDA looks awfully good in terms of level of play and travel requirements, both of which really suck for other parts of the country. So unless the high school draw is overwhelming or y'all get tired of dominating at the national level, I don't see why any clubs would switch to ECNL. That is, unless a club wants more control, and the ability to improve profitability.
If all that happens, I think US Soccer is off the hook for having to proved a Girl's DA Program or risk being sued (the entire reason for it's existence). They provided it, and it was rejected.
Still, it's hard to imagine any business with such absolute monopoly power can fail so miserably.

ok so this same thing happened last year when eagles switched to ECNL, everyone thought DA was finished and said EVERY da club would switch. This is the socal soccer forum so why are we discussing how great the competition is outside of socal when you will barely play that club? DA is the most competitive league in socal but nationally I agree not so much. Real colorado leaving DA was a big blow nationally but dalla texans not so much as they are dead last in two age groups and middle of the pack in the others. If the pitch to play ecnl is all the top competition you will play outside of socal, is that even what a player would want? You play really weak competition in league but there is a possibility of you playing a top team in a showcase if both of you go. 80-20 rule. Isn't it better for development if you play tough competition 80% of the time as is the case with DA locally or is it better to play tough competition 20% of the time when you travel to showcases as is the case with ecnl? If a legends, beach, surf, etc go to ecnl...then there is a shift for best league in SOCAL soccer but until that happens I don't see it, especially with blues going all DA. My two cents.

Still, it's hard to imagine any business with such absolute monopoly power can fail so miserably.
GDA obituary isn't written yet, but when it is, a chapter will be written on getting shanked by some of Laver's board members' clubs less than one year after the launch of GDA. That kinda looked like a well thought out ambush, and it exposed some of the fatal flaws in USSF's plans to take their boys' model and drop it on top of the girls' pyramid, without much sense of the differences between those two worlds.

ok so this same thing happened last year when eagles switched to ECNL, everyone thought DA was finished and said EVERY da club would switch.
Eagles < (less than) Real Colorado. But your point regarding SoCal is very true. Didn't mean to pee in your guys' sandbox. GDA in SoCal is very strong, but if it gets much weaker everywhere else, what is the point of USSF running a national league?

GDA obituary isn't written yet, but when it is, a chapter will be written on getting shanked by some of Laver's board members' clubs less than one year after the launch of GDA. That kinda looked like a well thought out ambush, and it exposed some of the fatal flaws in USSF's plans to take their boys' model and drop it on top of the girls' pyramid, without much sense of the differences between those two worlds.
Much blame to go around. Where two fight, no ones right

ok so this same thing happened last year when eagles switched to ECNL, everyone thought DA was finished and said EVERY da club would switch. This is the socal soccer forum so why are we discussing how great the competition is outside of socal when you will barely play that club? DA is the most competitive league in socal but nationally I agree not so much. Real colorado leaving DA was a big blow nationally but dalla texans not so much as they are dead last in two age groups and middle of the pack in the others. If the pitch to play ecnl is all the top competition you will play outside of socal, is that even what a player would want? You play really weak competition in league but there is a possibility of you playing a top team in a showcase if both of you go. 80-20 rule. Isn't it better for development if you play tough competition 80% of the time as is the case with DA locally or is it better to play tough competition 20% of the time when you travel to showcases as is the case with ecnl? If a legends, beach, surf, etc go to ecnl...then there is a shift for best league in SOCAL soccer but until that happens I don't see it, especially with blues going all DA. My two cents.

Blues going all DA is a new one.....I've heard the opposite.......showcases are where the college coaches are out so good games are important.....but honestly both DA and ECNL have the top talent split between them which aint the best thing for the kiddos however you dice it

Back