National Cup

At least we all can see the Surf ‘bullying’ is public vice backroom....

I just had to.

My buddy told me there was discussion about the fight on Sunday. After hearing/reading the talk I wanted to give some insight.

I was waiting for my daughter's game to start also and from where I was I would say Slammers may have been the cause. I could hear the Slammers parent yelling to shut up...and don't quite know what the verbal exchange was, but the Slammers parent took his jacket off and went over to the SGV parent. The SGV parent was backing away, but the Slammers parent kept coming...

The fight itself happened almost 25yards into the SGV sideline, so even if we're just speaking logistically, the Slammers parent came onto the SGV side.

My buddy told me there was discussion about the fight on Sunday. After hearing/reading the talk I wanted to give some insight.

I was waiting for my daughter's game to start also and from where I was I would say Slammers may have been the cause. I could hear the Slammers parent yelling to shut up...and don't quite know what the verbal exchange was, but the Slammers parent took his jacket off and went over to the SGV parent. The SGV parent was backing away, but the Slammers parent kept coming...

The fight itself happened almost 25yards into the SGV sideline, so even if we're just speaking logistically, the Slammers parent came onto the SGV side.
I was there too.. what I saw was a 65+ old man getting stomp out but 2 surf parents plus a surf parent did some punk sh*t and sucker punched my daughters coach.. That was allll surf

I was not speaking on the entire incident. I was only speaking on the events leading up to it. The whole situation is unfortunate.

I witnessed the entire event. Two parents exchanged words over a call from the ref. Each was on his own sideline. The SGV parent charged, fists up. He missed but the Slammers parent was then tackled by other dads from the opposing sideline. He was held down, while getting kicked in the face. A SGV parent then sucker punched several Slammers dads, as well as a coach from a nearby team warming up that was trying to break up the fight. And yes, an elderly gentleman trying to break up the fight, got sucker punched by the same SGV parent.

Wow, well ok that wasn't how it looked from where I was...I saw the SGV parent backing up and the Slammers parent coming towards him, it did look like the SGV parent swung first...but I guess that just shows how things can be interpretated differently.

I didn't bring our pop-up canopy, so our bench got rained on during the game. I got a few looks from my parents but no one came at me.

Round of 16 is set.... who ya got???

Some great match ups for the Sweet 16

Legends South vs Tudela White
Beach SB DPL vs SoCal Academy Hazell
Arsenal ECNL vs San Diego SC Academy Navy
SWSC Elite vs Freedom FC
CDA Slammers SB Hernandez vs Legends II DPL
SD Real Madrid Black vs Pateadores LA
GPS SD vs LAGSD II
CDA Slammers Whittier Carroll vs CDA Slammers Cerritos Segovia

Some great match ups for the Sweet 16

Legends South vs Tudela White
Beach SB DPL vs SoCal Academy Hazell
Arsenal ECNL vs San Diego SC Academy Navy
SWSC Elite vs Freedom FC
CDA Slammers SB Hernandez vs Legends II DPL
SD Real Madrid Black vs Pateadores LA
GPS SD vs LAGSD II
CDA Slammers Whittier Carroll vs CDA Slammers Cerritos Segovia
Tudela Arsenal or maybe pateadores my top 3 teams

Well, if you give the current “rankings” (youthsoccerrankings.us) any merit...So Cal Academy Hazell is the highest ranked team; #5 in southern CA. However, Pats #7 , Arsenal #14, Legends South #13 and SD Academy Navy #32 played in the CRL semis & finals (Arsenal champs via PK victory over Pats).

Arsenal looks to have the path of least resistance into final, bottom half of bracket looks stacked with Pats, SoCal Academy, Legends south and Tudela, left to battle it out to get thru, should be some great games and finally some good weather on tap next weekend. Look for Pats v Arsenal rematch in the final.

Congrats!
Thanks. It was a pretty good back and forth game. It was 1-1 at halftime and the girls got the go ahead goal in the 2nd half. The famous Silverlakes wind made it more interesting, that's for sure.

Anyone know why LA Galaxy Academy 2 forfeited their game against GPS today???

Hats off to Tudela FC G05 White today. They have a very skilled group of young ladies. They had us on our heels the whole game. The ball just didn't bounce their way. We were very lucky to take it to overtime and then PK's. Good luck in the future and we look forward to playing you again next season.

Back