National Cup

Hats off to Tudela FC G05 White today. They have a very skilled group of young ladies. They had us on our heels the whole game. The ball just didn't bounce their way. We were very lucky to take it to overtime and then PK's. Good luck in the future and we look forward to playing you again next season.
That's very gracious and much appreciated. You've got a great, well-coached team, and we knew it was going to be a tough game. The ref let them play, and both sides could have gotten a PK along the way, but there was a lot of good soccer on the field. It was a fun game to watch...except for the very end... particularly when your DD takes the last kick that gets saved. Looooong drive home. Best of luck against SoCal Hazell -- you guys are going to have another battle!

Thanks. It was a pretty good back and forth game. It was 1-1 at halftime and the girls got the go ahead goal in the 2nd half. The famous Silverlakes wind made it more interesting, that's for sure.

Anyone know why LA Galaxy Academy 2 forfeited their game against GPS today???
LAGSD 2 is in Las Vegas for the showcase

Thanks. It was a tough battle. Legends South is a great team and I'm sure we'll meet up again down the road.

Good luck!! I didn’t see game but my husband said your team brought it today! My guess would be it would come down to you and Arsenal but who knows... its soccer. Look forward to legends south playing you again... and my kid healthy and not sitting on the bench wishing she was playing. good luck to your team!

Slammers 2, Arsenal 1
So Cal Academy 1, Pats 0

Arsenal missed a couple of opportunities in the first ten minutes (over the crossbar, just wide and off the post) then Slammers simply out played them. Scored off a corner and again on a cross to a wide open player in the box (led 2-0 at the half). Arsenal scored early in the second half off a corner, but never really but together any other scoring chances.

Didn’t see the So Cal/ Pats match, but the lone goal was scored with only two or three minutes left to play...

Seems to me this years National cup was a bit watered down. No way these two teams make it to the finals last year. Either team who wins it will be overrated. Thanks DA

Seems to me this years National cup was a bit watered down. No way these two teams make it to the finals last year. Either team who wins it will be overrated. Thanks DA

Whenever I see a new poster sign up to make a negative comment it gets you thinking who they really are. Which club do you have an 05 daughter at? Before you ask me, one of my DDs quit (formerly SD Surf) my other went from Surf to Eagles when we moved.

I DO agree DA has watered things down but it's because there's too many leagues period and all of them have big weaknesses- there are some terrible DA teams that would get bounced early in the watered-down national cup. I'm sure Arsenal ECNL sure don't think it's too watered down after today's game. Tournaments like this are their own beast. Regarding being overrated, one is rated top 30 nationally and last year Surf's "b" team made the final, and they've proved to be a legit quality team...

Whenever I see a new poster sign up to make a negative comment it gets you thinking who they really are. Which club do you have an 05 daughter at? Before you ask me, one of my DDs quit (formerly SD Surf) my other went from Surf to Eagles when we moved.

I DO agree DA has watered things down but it's because there's too many leagues period and all of them have big weaknesses- there are some terrible DA teams that would get bounced early in the watered-down national cup. I'm sure Arsenal ECNL sure don't think it's too watered down after today's game. Tournaments like this are their own beast. Regarding being overrated, one is rated top 30 nationally and last year Surf's "b" team made the final, and they've proved to be a legit quality team...
Having ECNL next to your name doesn’t make you legit. Arsenal is big and physical, that’s it! They play kick ball all game long. ‍
I’m predicting fights from Segovia and hazell parents since that’s what they are known for doing.
I’ll have popcorn my ready

Having ECNL next to your name doesn’t make you legit. Arsenal is big and physical, that’s it! They play kick ball all game long. ‍
I’m predicting fights from Segovia and hazell parents since that’s what they are known for doing.
Or you could come here and congratulate the girls and coaches on their accomplishments. Or better yet, maybe rather than eating popcorn, enjoy the day with your daughter since it sounds like she doesn’t have a game at Galway tomorrow.

Or you could come here and congratulate the girls and coaches on their accomplishments. Or better yet, maybe rather than eating popcorn, enjoy the day with your daughter since it sounds like she doesn’t have a game at Galway tomorrow.

Good post, but he (or she) is a troll pure and simple. I tried to be civil and ask who they were. Doubtful they even have a kid or if they do it's as you say. Hopefully they're just an angsty child who's trying to stir up trouble because if it's an adult.....what a sad life.

Oh Andrew.. bitter much. These are 13/14 year olds who are over the moon to be in the finals. So instead of bad mouthing, congratulate. We have played Segovia in league and never has there been issues amongst any parents. You are more than welcome to come with your popcorn and watch a good game of soccer. ✌

I don't know anything about Segoiva, but but my kid has played against Hazel and I do not remember any issues with the parents. I have interacted with Hazel parent(s) on the forum and they have been nothing but polite. My memory is that they are well coached and play hard but not dirty. I wish them the best of luck in the finals and hope that we get a chance to play them again.
Both teams should be proud of their accomplishments; not an easy task to work your way through a big tournament.

We just played Hazells team last week and I saw none of what you're saying. Just passionate parents on both sides that want to see their DD's play well. Afterwards it was good sportsmanship and good game. So I don't know where you're getting all your negative energy from.

I was stuck at a very slow moving dance competition today for my older daughter so in between I watched the live stream of the game. Congrats to the Slammers. They should have had the finals on turf at Silverlakes. The field was crazy bouncy.

Back