Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

And why exactly has no one notified US SOCCER of the activities of a member club of the DA?
Because another thing that Eagles has in their contract (the initial one parents signed, not the new one) says that "all communications with CYSA, ECNL, US Soccer or Coast Soccer League is reserved to club management. " Not that they follow their own rules, but they expect parents to.

I would never advise a client to sign contract language like this:

"The President or Executive Director may on a rare occasion make decisions during the course of the season that might affect POLICY or PAYMENT not addressed in this contract. If such a decision is made it will be communicated to the membership and considered BINDING."

Rephrased:

"I hereby grant the Eagles Soccer Club three wishes, the two wishes specifically enumerated above, plus a third wish, which the Eagles Soccer Club may hereafter use to grant itself an unlimited number of future wishes."

I'm just curious how much are they asking for, I've heard some crazy numbers for these teams. I feel that every time I leave this page another comment pops up, wonder how many pages this post will hit?

We'll just have to see how many Eagles players will be suspended tomorrow

Soccer mafia at work overtime. From youth clubs, US Soccer, MLS, and the NWSL all are the same. MLS teams are not individually run teams but rather franchises controlled by one single entity the MLS which is overseen by US Soccer, same with the NWSL. And now the same with DA. All teams controlled through one monolithic organization. Adopt to our rules, do as your told, play our playing style or you are deemed an outcast. If you want to see some really horrible documents take a deep dive into those NWSL player contracts. The system is created to control and manipulate its consumer from the top down. This is why this document is allowed to have been written and why it’s acceptable.

Because another thing that Eagles has in their contract (the initial one parents signed, not the new one) says that "all communications with CYSA, ECNL, US Soccer or Coast Soccer League is reserved to club management. " Not that they follow their own rules, but they expect parents to.

Who cares. Send the contract. Let US SOCCER decide the ethics of this charade.

I know several player's that only wanted to play D2 so they could play HS, this is going to force them to commit to DA as they previously were only allowed to play no more than 6-7 DA games without being called up. I'm betting some of these player's are as good or better than some of the current DA player's and sounds like they'll have some decisions to make
Not to defend this contract, if you can call it that, but doesn't DA have a rule that a club must put its best players on the DA team? I know that several dds especially ones that are already committed stayed in ECNL but I do think this might be the only legit part of the document.

A friend at Eagles SC asked me to post this. As if that club doesn't have enough problems to deal with, they are now forcing their DPL teams to sign the attached contract. Anyone refusing to sign doesn't get to play. This was just sprung on them midseason.

There's a lot of BS in there about forcing kids to play DA when they don't want to, but as an outsider, the clause that jumped out at me was the one where they require new season registration payments in May, or else you don't get to play the May, June, July of the old season.

Do any other DA clubs require this kind of contract? Ours does not.
Last year during Eagles DA tryouts the club was requiring a 500$ deposit prior to tryouts. My understanding was that a player had to accept the team that was offered to the player otherwise the family would forfeit the 500$. I couldn't believe more people weren't vocal about that. Between these shenanigans and the Vince Thomas accusations, I think we got out of there just in time.

Last year during Eagles DA tryouts the club was requiring a 500$ deposit prior to tryouts. My understanding was that a player had to accept the team that was offered to the player otherwise the family would forfeit the 500$. I couldn't believe more people weren't vocal about that. Between these shenanigans and the Vince Thomas accusations, I think we got out of there just in time.
If this is true how come no one posted about it sooner? Too embarrassed to admit they paid the money?

One thing parents have yet to figure out is that if they bond together, they are more powerful than the club. If all the parents on one, some, most or all of the teams bond together and refuse, the Club will make concessions. Bank on it.

Also, call your city council members and put heat on the club/board. Tell them to open the fields up to competing clubs, etc.

Let the council know you vote and let the club know you vote with your wallet.

Once again, we see just how difficult reform in this country will be. Nothing will change. DA is toxic.

Eagles are in full damage control right Now :

1.) The Vince Thomas situation could cripple the club if the board was made aware of the situation.

2.) Potentially losing their club exclusive to PV fields (55 Acres) and having to share with MSA, another small club in the area.

3.) MSA's founder is now the Girls Varsity coach at Camarillo high school along with his sister coaching JV.

One thing parents have yet to figure out is that if they bond together, they are more powerful than the club. If all the parents on one, some, most or all of the teams bond together and refuse, the Club will make concessions. Bank on it.

Also, call your city council members and put heat on the club/board. Tell them to open the fields up to competing clubs, etc.

Once again, we see just how difficult reform in this country will be.

Everyone should refuse to sign it! Then what would the Club do? Suspend everyone?

This reminds me several years ago towards end of ECNL season. Club was trying to force parents/kids to register for following ECNL season.If they didn't sign up they couldn't go to ECNL playoffs for the current season they were winding down.

Plot twist :

Robert "Buddy" Kelley is not only a district board member, he's the Chairman. This means direct ties to the city council.

http://www.pvrpd.org/administration/directors/kelley.asp

Talk about conflict of interest. This is the only reason the club can maintain having a Monopoly on playing fields.

Back