Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

Except for the 2004s, all of the Eagles DPL teams are doing well (.500 or better records).

All of the Eagles DA teams are below .500, with the 2003s at 0-7 with 4 GF and and 33 GA.

I think this is about forcing DPL players to play up on the DA team. One of the first clauses of the contract is "you will play on the team we select for you". I have never heard of such a thing. so often the players on the top team are told how they have to be committed. And that's fine, but it's not for everyone. And that's why we have B teams.

I know several player's that only wanted to play D2 so they could play HS, this is going to force them to commit to DA as they previously were only allowed to play no more than 6-7 DA games without being called up. I'm betting some of these player's are as good or better than some of the current DA player's and sounds like they'll have some decisions to make

I know several player's that only wanted to play D2 so they could play HS, this is going to force them to commit to DA as they previously were only allowed to play no more than 6-7 DA games without being called up. I'm betting some of these player's are as good or better than some of the current DA player's and sounds like they'll have some decisions to make

Yes. It's a strange contract in that it essentially says "if you are good enough to play DA, but don't want to play DA, then there is no space for you at our club".

I truly hope that you meant "Buddy" in the literal sense as Robert "Buddy" Kelley is a lawyer and his wife Kathleen Kelley happens to be President of the Eagles Soccer Club, so your "Buddy" term is quite ironic, funny and sharp witted!
Haha, I had no idea "Buddy"was the President's husband. I meant buddy as in Pal

Yes. It's a strange contract in that it essentially says "if you are good enough to play DA, but don't want to play DA, then there is no space for you at our club".

Using or evening mentioning da in that contact is cause for review by the ussda folks.

Bahahahaha. This thing was clearly written from about 7pm until midnight the night before it was released, by someone high up in the club (probably the president or DoC), while in a really, really bad mood, most likely after having had a 3rd or 4th parent/coach issue where a DPL player wasn't doing exactly what they wanted (probably spotted at another club's practice in-season). And it DEFINITELY wasn't reviewed and approved by an actual, practicing attorney who charged a fee for reviewing it. At best, it was read over the phone to the author's brother-in-law's best friend, who used to work in the HR/legal department for a medium sized logistics and shipping company, who told him, "Yeah, you're good. Totally fine." I'd laugh and point my finger at Eagles SC, except I know 90% of the other clubs are run just about the same way.

That "contract" should be exhibit A of what's wrong with club soccer. The saddest part is those parents that will feel obligated to sign it because they feel they will miss out on an opportunity for their daughter to play DA. When in reality DPL is a made-up league that has zero affiliation with DA, despite the great efforts made by the participating clubs to make it appear as if it is affiliated and is a stepping stone to DA.

Only thing I would sign (language) is the Double Eagle.(oh the irony)
For you youngsters, that's using both hands with the middle finger fully extended towards the offending party.

Clubs and their storm troopers (coaches) operate through fear tactics using the power of playing time, extortion and black balling families to their benefit. This has nothing to do with Soccer but has everything to do with money, power and control. This document and others like them are no Surprise, in fact I’ve seen worse from clubs and coaches. I got stuff from Clubs that many would love to hear and read. Until these clubs are called out for BS like this and the consumers stop enabling these clubs nothing will change.

Their DA teams are doing poorly and some of their better players play on their second or (cough, cough) third teams (at the 03 level their third team in CSL is their best team) and don't want anything to do with playing DA. Apparently many of the players have turned down requests to move up to DA and the coaches, DOC, President etc... didn't like that. Not only are they threatening players that won't play DA when called up with suspension but they are also threatening to fine the parents. The President of the club is a lawyer who also happens to set on the Camarillo Park and Rec department where he is able to make sure he does not allow any other local club (MSA) to use Pleasant Valley Fields for practices or games and that he is able to physically lock the pedestrian gates into PV Fields during tournaments to try to suck more money out of parking and have the elderly and small children have to hike a mile to the fields while carrying chairs, umbrellas and other stuff.

First, DPL and DA is 2 very different things. You are right about a lot of BS however. Club came out with something they want and sent it out. Parents and players are free to choose NOT to sign this document, right?
Just found this thread. No, players not signing by this Thursday are suspended indefinitely.

I has to be some kind of backstory to this contract. Did Eagles couldn't field DPL team? Not enough commitment?
I'm just curious how much are they asking for, I've heard some crazy numbers for these teams. I feel that every time I leave this page another comment pops up, wonder how many pages this post will hit?

Parents asked for a meeting with the President to discuss this new contract. President refused meeting. Not allowed to have a meeting, not allowed to discuss via email.

Their DA teams are doing poorly and some of their better players play on their second or (cough, cough) third teams (at the 03 level their third team in CSL is their best team) and don't want anything to do with playing DA. Apparently many of the players have turned down requests to move up to DA and the coaches, DOC, President etc... didn't like that. Not only are they threatening players that won't play DA when called up with suspension but they are also threatening to fine the parents. The President of the club is a lawyer who also happens to set on the Camarillo Park and Rec department where he is able to make sure he does not allow any other local club (MSA) to use Pleasant Valley Fields for practices or games and that he is able to physically lock the pedestrian gates into PV Fields during tournaments to try to suck more money out of parking and have the elderly and small children have to hike a mile to the fields while carrying chairs, umbrellas and other stuff.
to be fair, the President of the Club is Kathleen Kelley, she is the wife of Buddy Kelley and the person you describe above is Buddy, not Kathleen.

Another issue is that DPL is having ah
I'm just curious how much are they asking for, I've heard some crazy numbers for these teams. I feel that every time I leave this page another comment pops up, wonder how many pages this post will hit?
The upfront Registration fees are $2300. But under the contract you agree to attend all of the DPL showcases, which apparently includes Silverlakes (over thanksgiving) Las Vegas, and PDA in New Jersey in May. Along with other team fees and dues.

to be fair, the President of the Club is Kathleen Kelley, she is the wife of Buddy Kelley and the person you describe above is Buddy, not Kathleen.

True. But he is the "de facto" President. He just can't be an official member of the Eagles board but he is (wink, wink). He goes to all the board meetings. He goes to all the manager meetings. He comments on everything that is going on at the club at those meetings. He tells people to make sure members and friends vote for him at those meetings. So like I said, he is the de facto President.

Parents asked for a meeting with the President to discuss this new contract. President refused meeting. Not allowed to have a meeting, not allowed to discuss via email.

Not entirely true. President met with the 03 DPL parents. Those parents requested a second meeting with all DPL parents and the Board. That was refused.

True. But he is the "de facto" President. He just can't be an official member of the Eagles board but he is (wink, wink). He goes to all the board meetings. He goes to all the manager meetings. He comments on everything that is going on at the club at those meetings. He tells people to make sure members and friends vote for him at those meetings. So like I said, he is the de facto President.
And he calls to harass the parents that are refusing to sign the contract.

Back