Girls Development Academy

No excuses. Why would I have to have an excuse? They played great. They are a DA club. Great ball movement from both teams. The only excuse I have is for the ice cold Shiner bock in my hand...there is some tremendously hot and humid weather in this godforsaken state.

You must be sippin on some strong $h!t.....

COMMON Cali- Do your thing......give us some sort of excuse for us to churn on ;)

No excuses. Why would I have to have an excuse? They played great. They are a DA club. Great ball movement from both teams. The only excuse I have is for the ice cold Shiner bock in my hand...there is some tremendously hot and humid weather in this godforsaken state.
Great Legends ball movement like this game?

Last edited:

Well played Cali I have to give you some credit for walking into a room knowing that you are going to get the business. If you played it this way all of the time you know cool and collected kind of like a samurai, you probably wouldn't get nearly the hassling that you get. Although I couldn't choke down a shinerbock I'm more of a Dorado or Sculpin kinda girl. That DA comment is pretty funny because as of now neither club is anything right now. I hope for your sake that DA turns out to be more than a power play but based on the track record that I have seen for US Soccer this one is going to be another slow motion train wreck.

Legends are the Division II ambassadors of SoCal kick ball (behind D1 Slammers and Surf) at its finest or lowest, depending on your perspective.

It's funny because they would smash your daughters weak SC Del Sol team sweetchuck. If you had half a brain (doubtful) you would focus less on Legends and SoCal and focus more on your mediocre (at best) club and getting your clearly bad to mediocre player committed to a JUCO or something useful. I hear that Slammers and Surf could use some scrubs for their "G" teams!

It's funny because they would smash your daughters weak SC Del Sol team sweetchuck. If you had half a brain (doubtful) you would focus less on Legends and SoCal and focus more on your mediocre (at best) club and getting your clearly bad to mediocre player committed to a JUCO or something useful. I hear that Slammers and Surf could use some scrubs for their "G" teams!

Dang you're good!

I think I'm in love:cool:

I will just focus on trolling you. It is working well so far. You do have a tendency to go after kids though. It is shameful character flaw. It is your modus operandi when you get upset.

Shame (think Game of Thrones)
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame

Last edited:
Nice try, but 3thatplay based on his profile lives in San Marcos and has Colorado as his avatar. The only player committed to Colorado who lives in San Marcos is KW (refer to Google committment spreadsheet) who plays for Carlsbad/Galaxy and class of 2018. Circumstantial evidence proves otherwise.

If you are referring to Colorado not haven't 7-8 players transfering out this offseason. That is a FACT!

View attachment 35
View attachment 36
But you still have the wrong team. I will give you a clue, next week, things will be different. As far as Avatars go, can you name the surf spot in mine?

Regarding the whole AZ vs. SoCal thing, why would anyone of us adults say negative things about any of these players (I am not talking about NoGoal here)? They are minors in case some of you have forgotten. It is also considered to be somewhat in poor taste to post full names of minors on the forums. Maybe it is just me, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for these young women and feel privileged to watch them play. The ride is over soon, can't we just all get along and be happy to be involved with such an amazing group of athletes? The facts are that SoCal teams could get plenty of competition by playing other SoCal teams, but the artificial divide created by ECNL and soon to be GDA prevents that. If the AZ teams want to play SoCal teams, then let them come to SoCal if for no other reason than savings in jet fuel and hotel dollars. There are many good AZ teams and players, but the facts are that the population density of AZ does not allow for the same number of high level teams.

I have nothing against ECNL teams. ECNL is for now the best way to get college exposure, but NOT the only way. The fact that top level players come from non-ECNL clubs proves that. GDA will change things in ways that will not concern many of us. The younger's parents will have to navigate that situation and I wish them luck. Remember, we are all caught in a fight for power and money between USYS and US Club Soccer, but that is certainly no reason to wish ill will on another team. ECNL and GDA certainly do not give a crap about the players or the parents. They only care about the money. ECNL is a closed monopoly that excludes many teams that could be competive. From the looks of it, GDA will be the same. If (and this is a big if), it is good for youth development to have teams from around the country compete with each other then it would seem to me that there should be a way for any team to earn a spot. Notice that I said TEAM, not CLUB. Why would you want to exclude and up and coming coach and team from a small club.

As far as Legends U16 goes, when they are firing on all cylinders, they can compete with anyone in their age group. We will never see that though due to the fact that the grownups that "manage" youth soccer can't get along.

Legends are the Division II ambassadors of SoCal kick ball (behind D1 Slammers and Surf) at its finest or lowest, depending on your perspective.
Yup, you are Sweetsplat alright. You use to post in the old forum that everything outside of ECNL was the JV league and always attacking SoCal teams!

But you still have the wrong team. I will give you a clue, next week, things will be different. As far as Avatars go, can you name the surf spot in mine?

You have twice posted "wrong team", but not the wrong individual. As for teams are you saying, 3thatplay's DD is moving to Surf or another club. "next week things will be different", so she is still playing for Carlsbad in Texas for USYS Championships and it concludes this weekend. My guess, his DD is moving to Surf to play ECNL this fall (DA doesn't begin yet), so she can play against girls she will be competing against in the Pac12 conference in 2 years time.

As for your avatar, I don't surf...but, obviously you do. I will take a guess though, Trestles.

Last edited:
I am definitely not Sweetsplat but I guess I have kinda taken that banner and run with it. I post under this same user name on the AZ forum.
You already admitted on the AZ forum that your DD plays for Del Sol U17, so be cognizant what you post, if you are running with his banner. You could end up like Sweetsplat with threating private messages.

Last edited:
I will just focus on trolling you. It is working well so far. You do have a tendency to go after kids though. It is shameful character flaw. It is your modus operandi when you get upset.

Shame (think Game of Thrones)
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame

If you think that it is working please keep it up I enjoy smacking you down. You are transparent buddy. I wonder if things are working out well with you and your wife. I've seen lots like you come and go. Especially when you realize that things aren't working out like you saw them working out.

I get it. You have to drive your kid out to California every other weekend and you are frustrated by the beat downs that you are watching your little Mia endure. She is getting frustrated and thinking about taking up other activities (boys?) and it is pissing you off because you have been spending $10k a year since she was in 8th grade on soccer. Not to mention that she isn't committed (like most of the players on her team) and you are starting to lose your faith in the platform provided by the ECNL. You want to blame someone and since it can't be you then it has to be the kickball California teams that ARE getting their players into schools.

I get it. Not gonna work. Nice try. NEXT...

Back