Games of the week....

Live in the past much?

Reality is quite different then you past recollection of some team that doesn't exist anymore. I'm backing up observation with facts, your just spouting out justifications because your have some connection to strikers or recall how things use to be under a different coach.

Live in the past????

My son played the Strikers multiple times last year and saw several of their games. He tried out for Strikers and played with those guys and got coached by Ganey in the past month. The coaching, to sum it up in one word, was fantastic.

My words aren't based off some fuzzy recollection. I've seen how they play, how they train.

Your passive-aggressive whining about how you got beat disguised as a criticism for a winning style of play for the Strikers is just ridiculous. Please stop while you are way behind.

There are many ways to react to a loss. My reaction would be, we need to learn how to defend the long ball better.

You decided to jump on public boards, run down an academy coach for tactics that beat your team, but couched your whine in language about how the USSDA wants you to play so it doesn't look like whining (epic fail, nothing worse than passive-aggressive bitching), run your mouth off about how the Strikers aren't being developed properly because they are not building out from the back.

Your criticisms are just ridiculous. Most of the players on the Strikers, including their two stud Asian wingers, their stud black forward and stud ACM, have been with the Strikers for a long time. I'm hearing your absurd claim the "Strikers don't know how to develop" but my two eyes have seen the Strikers torch their way through State Cup with mostly homegrown players. That looks like development to me.

Your rant says nothing new, everybody knows how Strikers play now and the videos are out every week just exposes them more. You obviously have some connections to the club, coach, I etc so don't come her with when we played them or with them in years past.

I call you out for your passive-aggressive whine for how you got beat and now I'm ranting? I pointed out to you that you are clearly mistaken when you said Strikers don't run a 4-3-3, that your belief that a GK booting it changed the formation from a 4-3-3 to something else (not sure why you think this). You should be thanking me for telling you this.

Yes the videos are out. I don't need to see the Strikers star forwards beating your D like a drum. I've seen them do it to many teams. Here's a tip for next time you play them. Play more defenders further back and take away the space up top. Then you'll see the Strikers build out from the back to get it to their stud forwards, where I bet they beat your D again, because they are really good. It will also be harder for your team to build it out the back, because your lines will be pushed back.

This is the main reason your whinge is so ludicrous. You want to play a high line and get all the advantages of playing a high line (easier offense because your lines are pushed up), and you want the other team, who is loaded with speed up top, to play in a style where they don't attack the weakness of a high line, which is the long ball to speed Strikers.

I've seen them play several times Sherlock so you can bold type all you want, and make wild claims, doesn't mater. They don't dominate, have the fastest players, or whatever, just a better than average team nothing more.

Wake-up and accept the fact the strikers are'nt even a third wheel anymore behind Galaxy and GS. There are newer clubs making inroads and the Strikers will remain on the curbside, a footnote that has never done much in the da league.

Again, what wild claim am I making? I said Strikers run a 4-3-3, that their forwards and ACM are studs, that Ganey is a good coach, that Strikers can develop as evidenced by their State Cup victory with mostly homegrown players, that you have no idea what you are talking about, and that you are whining about the way you lost. All of this is true. Anyone can re-read these posts and see that I have said nothing wild.

I think it's accepted that Galaxy, GS and Strikers are the top 3 right now. As to the future, who knows. The reality is that Galaxy ends up picking off nearly all the top players, so it's hard to predict anything for any team beside Galaxy. If Galaxy picks off the Strikers core of stud attacking players, then yeah I agree Strikers are probably going down. But if the Strikers keep their core of homegrown stud attacking players and adds to that talent, and talent attracts talent, then I think they are going to be pretty good.

Btw ussda mandates playing out the back, maybe time to teach & coach the players how to do so. This starts at the youngest ages now in case you're still living in the past.

Just stop beating this dead horse. You are clueless when you say Strikers don't know how to build out the back or don't teach it. There will be many more games in the Academy season and you will see it happen.

To say that the defending state cup champs and an academy level coach don't know how to build out the back or don't know how to coach it .... It's just an absurd crazy thing to say.

Live in the past????

My son played the Strikers multiple times last year and saw several of their games. He tried out for Strikers and played with those guys and got coached by Ganey in the past month. The coaching, to sum it up in one word, was fantastic.

My words aren't based off some fuzzy recollection. I've seen how they play, how they train.

Your passive-aggressive whining about how you got beat disguised as a criticism for a winning style of play for the Strikers is just ridiculous. Please stop while you are way behind.

There are many ways to react to a loss. My reaction would be, we need to learn how to defend the long ball better.

You decided to jump on public boards, run down an academy coach for tactics that beat your team, but couched your whine in language about how the USSDA wants you to play so it doesn't look like whining (epic fail, nothing worse than passive-aggressive bitching), run your mouth off about how the Strikers aren't being developed properly because they are not building out from the back.

Your criticisms are just ridiculous. Most of the players on the Strikers, including their two stud Asian wingers, their stud black forward and stud ACM, have been with the Strikers for a long time. I'm hearing your absurd claim the "Strikers don't know how to develop" but my two eyes have seen the Strikers torch their way through State Cup with mostly homegrown players. That looks like development to me.

I call you out for your passive-aggressive whine for how you got beat and now I'm ranting? I pointed out to you that you are clearly mistaken when you said Strikers don't run a 4-3-3, that your belief that a GK booting it changed the formation from a 4-3-3 to something else (not sure why you think this). You should be thanking me for telling you this.

Yes the videos are out. I don't need to see the Strikers star forwards beating your D like a drum. I've seen them do it to many teams. Here's a tip for next time you play them. Play more defenders further back and take away the space up top. Then you'll see the Strikers build out from the back to get it to their stud forwards, where I bet they beat your D again, because they are really good. It will also be harder for your team to build it out the back, because your lines will be pushed back.

This is the main reason your whinge is so ludicrous. You want to play a high line and get all the advantages of playing a high line (easier offense because your lines are pushed up), and you want the other team, who is loaded with speed up top, to play in a style where they don't attack the weakness of a high line, which is the long ball to speed Strikers.

Again, what wild claim am I making? I said Strikers run a 4-3-3, that their forwards and ACM are studs, that Ganey is a good coach, that Strikers can develop as evidenced by their State Cup victory with mostly homegrown players, that you have no idea what you are talking about, and that you are whining about the way you lost. All of this is true. Anyone can re-read these posts and see that I have said nothing wild.

I think it's accepted that Galaxy, GS and Strikers are the top 3 right now. As to the future, who knows. The reality is that Galaxy ends up picking off nearly all the top players, so it's hard to predict anything for any team beside Galaxy. If Galaxy picks off the Strikers core of stud attacking players, then yeah I agree Strikers are probably going down. But if the Strikers keep their core of homegrown stud attacking players and adds to that talent, and talent attracts talent, then I think they are going to be pretty good.

Just stop beating this dead horse. You are clueless when you say Strikers don't know how to build out the back or don't teach it. There will be many more games in the Academy season and you will see it happen.

To say that the defending state cup champs and an academy level coach don't know how to build out the back or don't know how to coach it .... It's just an absurd crazy thing to say.
Quote: "You sound so freakin' new at this I swear!"
Asian wingers... LOL

Last edited:
Milan red academy 2-0 over Albion the Albion boys were to small for the Milan boys Milan had bigger kids and faster kids the game would be 4 to 5 zero that was one of the biggest shock of this week
You beefed up your team with big fast players. You aren't known for playing a nice style of play but kickball. Now how is that a shock? Jungle Ball can go either way at any given time. What you're proud of I haven't got a clue.

I appreciate your "professional" opinion on my coaching style and on the way my boys play. I do have to say however, my boys are very adaptive to the flow of the game and play in a way that an untrained eye may interpret as "kickball". This is a very competitive level of play so yes I emphasize to my boys to open up the field, maintain ball control, and not bunch up. As for our victory over Albion, YES I am very proud of my boys and OUR accomplishments and how for we have come in a the last couple of years. We are #11 seed and beat the #1 seed, I'm not here for praise, just PROUD of our accomplishments. Instead of being bitter and bashing others for their accomplishments, try being a little More supportive for the KIDS that play. You choose your "screen name" for a reason, how about you try and live up to it rather than tarnish the glory associated with it.

Live in the past????

Defending state cup champs ? What are you taking about...oh somebodies team from last year.

Your perception,claims, and statements about the strikers are nothing but hot air....stud this,fast that, can do this or that but just don't because they are too special.

Why would your players be coached by SG if hes not associated with strikers again? Please continue with your charade

Ok so time to put up or shut up bout your claims. Post any video of the current team playing in any game this season and let the people here voice their opinions.

To help you out, you can view our teams 1st game and the standard for how to play.

Game over....GSA vs Strikers, is more of the same kick and run from one of the teams.

U13 Possession Soccer (the standard)

Last edited:
Live in the past????

Come on post a video of "the strikers" as you call them. Mahrez just put his evidence up.

I appreciate your "professional" opinion on my coaching style and on the way my boys play. I do have to say however, my boys are very adaptive to the flow of the game and play in a way that an untrained eye may interpret as "kickball". This is a very competitive level of play so yes I emphasize to my boys to open up the field, maintain ball control, and not bunch up.

Lomeli must see just in this short clip of Jungle Ball alone a million other strategic and magical things that WE obviously can't.

As for our victory over Albion, YES I am very proud of my boys and OUR accomplishments and how for we have come in a the last couple of years. We are #11 seed and beat the #1 seed, I'm not here for praise, just PROUD of our accomplishments. Instead of being bitter and bashing others for their accomplishments, try being a little More supportive for the KIDS that play. You choose your "screen name" for a reason, how about you try and live up to it rather than tarnish the glory associated with it.
Lomeli, your typical ego-maniac coach that is committed to winning at all costs and achieving some meaningless pre-pubescent national ranking. SMH

Milan Red - Champions

State Cup Presidents
http://2016scpdy-calsouth.affinitys...ntguid={D44590A1-8823-48EA-BAE6-5BEC187EF802}

Copa Del Mar
https://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=51441&GroupID=514795&Gender=Boys&Age=14

lol@ these accomplishments.

Clown.

Last edited:
God ur a funny guy this kids won state cup and tournament not me they are taking good memories when they get older am sorry the ur son it's not good enough to play at this type of level even if u call it kickball am ok with just stick to ur daughter she better then u and ur boy and u got nothing better to said in the soccer forum no one like u her

God ur a funny guy this kids won state cup and tournament not me they are taking good memories when they get older am sorry the ur son it's not good enough to play at this type of level even if u call it kickball am ok with just stick to ur daughter she better then u and ur boy and u got nothing better to said in the soccer forum no one like u her
Where the hell are the punctuation marks, Lomeli? Your grammar skills are on par with that of a 1st grader, and not a very smart one at that.

The "biggest shock of this week" is that this Parent Coach believes he's playing at a "Very Competitive Level". LOL

Last edited:
How the forum has turned into a di?& measuring contest.

Just worry about your own kids development and stop with the BS of defending your club or putting down another.

Getting back to matches of the week...
Albion vs LAUFA and Strikers vs Galaxy on the DA side.
CDA Godinez vs Vargas on the SCDSL side
TFA vs Oxnard in the CSL all look like great match ups.

Some of those posters might be females but yeah back on topic:

LAGSD B03 ELITE/RITCHIE vs MILAN ACADEMY B03 RED

Sun, September 18, 2016
Los Angeles United FA B2003 Academy Reserve vs CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Godinez Black could be interesting

How the forum has turned into a di?& measuring contest.

"Some of those posters might be females ..."

You think? It's an open forum to the public, genius.

Quote out of context much ?

36125442.jpg

Last edited:
He-
"How the forum has turned into a di?& measuring contest."

You-
"Some posters must be females..."

I-
"You think? It's an open forum to the public, genius. "

You-
"Quote out of context much ?"

Pfft.

3184761.jpg

Defending state cup champs ? What are you taking about...oh somebodies team from last year.

I don't understand why me saying Strikers are defending state cup champs is an issue for you? Did Strikers not win State Cup last year? Whoever wins State Cup, next year they are the defending champs. That's how it works.

Yes, some of the players are new because, like every team, switch from August 1 cutoff date to calendar year meant they lost some of their 02s. But the core of the team is still the same team as last year's State Cup champs, most of last year's team is on this year's team.

You acting like this year's edition of the Strikers is a completely new team and has nothing to do with last year's state cup champs is just . . . odd and strange.

Are you a woman? Because I feel like I'm talking to my wife, or my mother, where I make a point based on facts, and her reply totally ignores all the facts and relies solely on her very subjective and completely unreliable feelings.

Your perception,claims, and statements about the strikers are nothing but hot air....stud this,fast that, can do this or that but just don't because they are too special.

Um yea? Not sure where u r going with this. Remember, you were the one writing posts how the Strikers weren't running a 4-3-3 because they were long balling it, or the GK was booting it bypassing the back 4. I had to tell you that a GK booting it doesn't change the formation, a defender booting it doesn't change a 4-3-3 into something else.

I suggest, if you ever want to be taken seriously when discussing soccer, wipe out your embarrassing posts about how the Strikers don't run a 4-3-3.

Why would your players be coached by SG if hes not associated with strikers again? Please continue with your charade

I suggest you read prior posts before putting your foot in your mouth . . . again.

I said in prior post my son tried out for the Strikers academy team. During the course of tryouts, SG coached my son in how to play the 8 and 10 position. A big part of that coaching was where to make his runs to receive it from the D, when to play it back to the D when his hips were turned toward his own goal and depending on the pressure, when to play the 7, 9 and 11 and what type of ball to serve up.

To me, that's what coaching to build out the back looks like. I saw the coaching, I was there when it happened.

To you, this is hot air. Again, I really don't get where you come up with all the weird and strange baseless accusations you make.

Feel free to contact the Strikers and ask if SG was coaching how to play the 8 and 10 just before start of Academy season while two new players were trying out, if you want to continue with your charade that I'm pulling a "charade."

Ok so time to put up or shut up bout your claims. Post any video of the current team playing in any game this season and let the people here voice their opinions.

To help you out, you can view our teams 1st game and the standard for how to play.

Game over....GSA vs Strikers, is more of the same kick and run from one of the teams.

Uh I mean wow. I see winning this internet argument is really important to you.

Let me explain why I posted. I came on here and saw you running your mouth off how SG can't coach playing out the back, how the Strikers can only play long ball, how the Strikers don't even play a 4-3-3, how this year's edition of the Strikers is brand new team compared to last year's Strikers.

Maybe I should of stayed silent instead of getting dragged into a mud fest with a clueless poster like yourself. But then some parent might read the BS you wrote and actually believe it, and that kid wouldn't get an opportunity to get coached by an excellent coach in SG, or play with a really good team like the Strikers.

As long as people realize that any soccer information coming from you should be completely ignored and disregarded, then yes, I'm happy to let you win your game. Congrats, you are the winner!

I don't understand why me saying Strikers are defending state cup champs is an issue for you? Did Strikers not win State Cup last year? Whoever wins State Cup, next year they are the defending champs. That's how it works...

Maybe your attentions are genuine but opinions are just that and not necessarily based on facts.

No Strikers did not win State Cup last year. State cup ends at U11 for high level teams. DA teams don't play state cup, national cup, or any of the other CS tournament so there is nothing to defend.

If you have something new to share or can contribute something positive instead of rehashing history with quotes I don't mind a friendly thread or debate.

Strikers has some good young teams, coaches, and I have enjoyed watching them play. Once they get to the DA league things change, I hope to see them.

Last edited:
Back