Games of the week....

No and where talking about the da league not about some butt hurt from a summer tourment.

DA is not a tournment or you're normal club league, they have mandates on formations, style of play, respect initiatives, etc. You can try to follow them or not?
Easy there joseph blatter.:rolleyes:

Isn't that how laufa beat Golden State academy
.in surf cup .long ball and a pk
Haha, here he goes again with his BS. Get over it, don't let it keep you up at night. Everyone agrees that GS was the better team even the LAUFA coach compliment you players and coach. I guess you were idiot that was shouting at the end of the game, "we are better than them, they only win by PK"

This one has taken an interesting turn? What's the debate about again?

Style of play vs. results or something along those line?

Unless there is a direction to play a certain way based on admission, teams and clubs should be free to do as they see fit.

The one size fits all things approach or telling all to play a 4-3-3 seems odd to me. In the real world need to face all different styles and formations.

Youth soccer means different things to different players, teams, clubs.

Some use the league season to really develop, give plenty of playing time to all the players, try different things out and not be overly concerned about the results. Others not so much.

One or few games in really "can't see the forest for the trees", relax enjoy them playing, don't pressure them about results. Give more value to improving, working hard, and seeing where they are at the finish compared to the start.

Strikers did better in the final 3rd, on set pieces, drawing and somehow avoiding fouls & mistakes while LAUFA has better at passing and pocession.

Does Strikers play 4-3-3 or out the back like like ussda recommends? after reviewing the video noticed they only connected about 20 passes 2nd half compared to 85 or so for LAUFA.

The Strikers coach was quite anger with ref crew, even though most calls went his way and had to be asked to settle down may want to review
http://www.ussoccerda.com/academy-program-behavior-1516-final-discipline-report

I think the connected passes argument doesn't hold a lot of water if you are counting the passes between the back line as connects. Connect all u want back there but it doesn't help the attack.

LAUFA pressed which forced strikers to play more direct. That style works if you can handle the speed of the counterattack, but it puts a lot of pressure on the back line. Strikers capitalized on the counter attacks and scored 3 as a result.

Coach was upset about a couple of persistent infringement tackles that got a bit chippy. Not cheap but chippy.

LAUFA has some talent but they will need better team buy in to the press if they want to beat strikers or the teams that can handle the press.

I think the connected passes argument doesn't hold a lot of water if you are counting the passes between the back line as connects. Connect all u want back there but it doesn't help the attack.

LAUFA pressed which forced strikers to play more direct. That style works if you can handle the speed of the counterattack, but it puts a lot of pressure on the back line. Strikers capitalized on the counter attacks and scored 3 as a result.

Coach was upset about a couple of persistent infringement tackles that got a bit chippy. Not cheap but chippy.

LAUFA has some talent but they will need better team buy in to the press if they want to beat strikers or the teams that can handle the press.
Well the videos don't lie. None of Striker's goals were the result of a counter-attack.
And that coach is an idiot. You guys should be running from that clown, who compliments every boot ball and acts like he's in a tournament. Btw the DA mandates the pressing style, 4-3-3 formation, possession play, etc. It's not up to the coach or club.

Strikers has some good althetic smart players
No doubt.

Really don't follow the logic of the keeper drop kicking the ball almost all game or the backs booting the balls out so much, all connected passes as counted for a reason, 20 is a real low # for a half for any team, especially a da one.

Press wasn't good enough but strikers still played direct or blame that for not attempting to play or pass?

None of the scores came on the counter attack: pk, free kick, rainbow hail Mary from a thrown in.

Coach went nuts during the game and after the ref following the game due to some chippy tackles?

Did you actually review the video?

Too bad Andrew went to Galaxy, no way would he let his team play the way you did this game. Still early but now there is no where to hide with the videos of every game.

Well the videos don't lie. None of Striker's goals were the result of a counter-attack.
And that coach is an idiot. You guys should be running from that clown, who compliments every boot ball and acts like he's in a tournament. Btw the DA mandates the pressing style, 4-3-3 formation, possession play, etc. It's not up to the coach or club.

I wouldn't say they mandate the formation, more highly recommend it. Coaches can make adjustments, however they have to justify the reason. Maybe strikers playing long ball was on account of LAUFA playing high pressure. There is an option on the scouting report to do that.

DA also wants a 4-4-2 diamond.

Strikers has some good althetic smart players
No doubt.

Really don't follow the logic of the keeper drop kicking the ball almost all game or the backs booting the balls out so much, all connected passes as counted for a reason, 20 is a real low # for a half for any team, especially a da one.

Press wasn't good enough but strikers still played direct or blame that for not attempting to play or pass?

None of the scores came on the counter attack: pk, free kick, rainbow hail Mary from a thrown in.

Coach went nuts during the game and after the ref following the game due to some chippy tackles?

Did you actually review the video?

Too bad Andrew went to Galaxy, no way would he let his team play the way you did this game. Still early but now there is no where to hide with the videos of every game.

OK I was trying to be nice, but no, I don't go back and watch videos where our team was never really threatened, since it is waste of my time. If it was even close I might have skipped a tee time but to be honest, it wasn't close and I has biz to do on a crap table this week in Vegas so I didn't. Instead, I played 3 rounds of golf in my free time and managed to correct a hook back to my usual draw this week so when I tee off tomorrow I should shoot a solid 85.

Andrew is a great get for Galaxy. My son liked him and likes Sean. Will benefit from exposure to both. I don't think either teaches hand checking instead of proper defensive footwork and tactics. Perhaps yours should do the same.

Your analysis of the game is laughable. The direct kick came from a foul off a counter where your defense fouled on edge of box since they were under pressure they couldn't handle. The pk came from a counter in space where your defender couldn't go 1v1 and was exposed. The Hail Mary was our CAM unmarked 25 yards from box so he hit a ball with laces upper v. Probably the 5th time this calendar year I have seen him do it. Please drop off him that far everytime so he can work on his upper v crackers.

How you guys beat FCGS I have no idea. Strikers vs FCGS for the last two years has been the standard and LAUFA isn't even close. My guess is the entire FCGS team was sick or surfing at swamis.

As I said previously, LAUFA has some talented players, 2 or 3 of which might even end up playing for Andrew in 2 years at Galaxy since you don't have a full academy and they will move on as a result.

Oh, by the way, enjoyed watching Liverpool house Leicester today. I'm sure Leicester probably connected more passes today while they were getting taken to the woodshed. Maybe they should play a 4-3-3?

Last edited:
Sean Ganey knows what he is doing, excellent coach. Not sure why there's so much prejudice against the long ball. It's the best way to take advantage of a speed striker vs a D playing a high line, and Strikers probably have the fastest set of forwards in the league.

OK I was trying to be nice, but no, I don't go back and watch videos where our team was never really threatened, since it is waste of my time. If it was even close I might have skipped a tee time but to be honest, it wasn't close and I has biz to do on a crap table this week in Vegas so I didn't. Instead, I played 3 rounds of golf in my free time and managed to correct a hook back to my usual draw this week so when I tee off tomorrow I should shoot a solid 85.

Andrew is a great get for Galaxy. My son liked him and likes Sean. Will benefit from exposure to both. I don't think either teaches hand checking instead of proper defensive footwork and tactics. Perhaps yours should do the same.

Your analysis of the game is laughable. The direct kick came from a foul off a counter where your defense fouled on edge of box since they were under pressure they couldn't handle. The pk came from a counter in space where your defender couldn't go 1v1 and was exposed. The Hail Mary was our CAM unmarked 25 yards from box so he hit a ball with laces upper v. Probably the 5th time this calendar year I have seen him do it. Please drop off him that far everytime so he can work on his upper v crackers.

How you guys beat FCGS I have no idea. Strikers vs FCGS for the last two years has been the standard and LAUFA isn't even close. My guess is the entire FCGS team was sick or surfing at swamis.

As I said previously, LAUFA has some talented players, 2 or 3 of which might even end up playing for Andrew in 2 years at Galaxy since you don't have a full academy and they will move on as a result.

Oh, by the way, enjoyed watching Liverpool house Leicester today. I'm sure Leicester probably connected more passes today while they were getting taken to the woodshed. Maybe they should play a 4-3-3?

Your rose colored memory is :confused: first your said strikers scored on 3 counters due to speed now your backtracking when called on it.

( 2) Defensive mistakes on tackles led to a PK and free kick that went in when a defender left his mark. had nothing to due with counters.

The "we have speed" so we cant play either of the recommended formations, out of the back, or pass is laughable also.,

Your entitlement remarks about the DA league are :p Strikers has been in the league how many years? Can your post out anything they have done in that time?

The U17/18 stinkers are ranked last in the league and the U15/16's are a long shot to make the playoffs . Both dropped games to GS yesterday

LAUFA bet GS, Strikers beat LAUFA, and Liverpool beat LC that day because they were the better team. I'm a bigger Liverpool Fan than LC but support my Player. Professional teams and youth are very different so your comparison is another empty attempt at making what point?

This Strikers team is not any standard for anything but playing direct & long ball...

Your players was red carded in the GS game and should have been given the same in the LAUFA game, when they review the video on both 3 game suspension would not be a surprise. Either way won't be the last time a strikers player is red carded this season.

Good luck vs the Galaxy, are your going to come her with the rose colored glasses again and tell has how 0-0 is the greatest thing ever, :rolleyes: with your living in your bubble world playing golf and cards.

Last edited:
The "we have speed" so we cant play either of the recommended formations, out of the back, or pass is laughable also.,

This makes no sense. Nobody ever said this. The 4-3-3 formation rewards speed. The Strikers have speed and they play a standard 4-3-3. What does playing long ball have to do with the formation? You can play long ball out of a 4-3-3.

Also, a long ball is a pass. If they decided to long ball you I'm sure there was a good reason for it, like maybe your team was pressing and playing a high line, leaving exploitable space on the defensive end.

FYI, both Golden State and Galaxy hit the long ball against pressing teams.

This makes no sense. Nobody ever said this. The 4-3-3 formation rewards speed. The Strikers have speed and they play a standard 4-3-3. What does playing long ball have to do with the formation? You can play long ball out of a 4-3-3.

Also, a long ball is a pass. If they decided to long ball you I'm sure there was a good reason for it, like maybe your team was pressing and playing a high line, leaving exploitable space on the defensive end.

FYI, both Golden State and Galaxy hit the long ball against pressing teams.

Perhaps you missed the earlier dialog:

Strikers did'nt play a 4-3-3, out the back, any only connected about 20 passes the entire 2nd half. The keeper dropped kick the ball at every chance and backs booted the ball forward all game.

How would you describe this style of play? Is this what the ussda league wants?

Galaxy and GS play 4-3-3, out the back, keeper is not dropping kicking all games, backs not booting all the time: the bulid from the back, pass, connect 80x's or more a half, the way the league want and still get the results.

Last edited:
ALBION B03 ACADEMY GARTON 0-2 LAGSD B03 ELITE/RITCHIE
FRAM BRITTON 4-3 TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY . This might be the surprise result of the week, anybody with insight on this one?

Strikers FC - South Coast B03 2-3 Laguna United FC 2003 Blue
CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Godinez Black 4-1 West Coast FC B03 Kirsch

What other games looked good this past week?

Milan red academy 2-0 over Albion the Albion boys were to small for the Milan boys Milan had bigger kids and faster kids the game would be 4 to 5 zero that was one of the biggest shock of this week

Perhaps you missed the earlier dialog:

Strikers did'nt play a 4-3-3, out the back, any only connected about 20 passes the entire 2nd half. The keeper dropped kick the ball at every chance and backs booted the ball forward all game.

The Strikers play a 4-3-3. My son has played against the Strikers several times and with the Strikers as well. They have always played a 4-3-3 formation. When he played with the Strikers he was moved between the 6, 8 and 10 positions, and was instructed under what circumstances to pass to the 7, 11 and 9.

I know for a fact that Strikers prefer to recruit players that fit a 4-3-3 formation. Maybe you are unaware that soccer formations are amorphous and a 4-3-3 can transform into a 3-3-4 when a wingback overlaps a winger, or a 4-4-2 when a winger drops back to provide defensive help vs a dominant winger.

A GK booting it long and bypassing his back 4 doesn't change the formation. There are good reasons to bypass the back line such as (repeating myself here) when the other team presses deep and with numbers on your D, leaving space up top that can be exploited by a speed striker.

You really seem hung up on the fact that Strikers didn't play out the back right into the pressure your forwards were putting on the Strikers D. You need to get over it. Your coaches gambled that they could pressure high, force turnovers near the goal, and get easy goals. The Strikers coach responded by having his players go over the top of your pressure and giving his stud forwards a chance to make something happen. They got 3 goals, sounds like good coaching to me.

Also, I didn't miss the earlier dialog. Here's what you are missing.

You are going on public boards suggesting, BASED ON OBSERVING ONE HALF OF ONE GAME, that the defending State Cup champs and, IMO, the clearly dominant team of the 8/02 to 8/03 age group, doesn't know how to play out the back and is just a long ball team.

I'm telling you, you have no idea what you are talking about. My son has played the Strikers numerous times over the years and they are a very flexible team that can play long ball or build it out the back.

How would you describe this style of play? Is this what the ussda league wants?

I don't have a problem with it. Why run into a team's press when you can chip over the pressure and give your forwards a chance.

The Strikers play a 4-3-3. My son has played against the Strikers several times and with the Strikers as well. They have always played a 4-3-3 formation. When he played with the Strikers he was moved between the 6, 8 and 10 positions, and was instructed under what circumstances to pass to the 7, 11 and 9.

I know for a fact that Strikers prefer to recruit players that fit a 4-3-3 formation. Maybe you are unaware that soccer formations are amorphous and a 4-3-3 can transform into a 3-3-4 when a wingback overlaps a winger, or a 4-4-2 when a winger drops back to provide defensive help vs a dominant winger.

A GK booting it long and bypassing his back 4 doesn't change the formation. There are good reasons to bypass the back line such as (repeating myself here) when the other team presses deep and with numbers on your D, leaving space up top that can be exploited by a speed striker.

You really seem hung up on the fact that Strikers didn't play out the back right into the pressure your forwards were putting on the Strikers D. You need to get over it. Your coaches gambled that they could pressure high, force turnovers near the goal, and get easy goals. The Strikers coach responded by having his players go over the top of your pressure and giving his stud forwards a chance to make something happen. They got 3 goals, sounds like good coaching to me.

Also, I didn't miss the earlier dialog. Here's what you are missing.

You are going on public boards suggesting, BASED ON OBSERVING ONE HALF OF ONE GAME, that the defending State Cup champs and, IMO, the clearly dominant team of the 8/02 to 8/03 age group, doesn't know how to play out the back and is just a long ball team.

I'm telling you, you have no idea what you are talking about. My son has played the Strikers numerous times over the years and they are a very flexible team that can play long ball or build it out the back.

I don't have a problem with it. Why run into a team's press when you can chip over the pressure and give your forwards a chance.

Live in the past much?

Reality is quite different then you past recollection of some team that doesn't exist anymore. I'm backing up observation with facts, your just spouting out justifications because your have some connection to strikers or recall how things use to be under a different coach.

Your rant says nothing new, everybody knows how Strikers play now and the videos are out every week just exposes them more. You obviously have some connections to the club, coach, etc so don't come her with when we played them or with them in years past.

I've seen them play several times Sherlock so you can bold type all you want, and make wild claims, doesn't mater. They don't dominate, have the fastest players, or whatever, just a better than average team nothing more.

Wake-up and accept the fact the strikers are'nt even a third wheel anymore behind Galaxy and GS. There are newer clubs making inroads and the Strikers will remain on the curbside, a footnote that has never done much in the da league.

Btw ussda mandates playing out the back, maybe time to teach & coach the players how to do so. This starts at the youngest ages now in case you're still living in the past.

Last edited:
Sean Ganey knows what he is doing, excellent coach. Not sure why there's so much prejudice against the long ball. It's the best way to take advantage of a speed striker vs a D playing a high line, and Strikers probably have the fastest set of forwards in the league.

How do you not play long ball with that speed? They don't just play long ball. They know how to touch the ball once they get the ball to the middle of the field.
The 2 Asian wingers and the tall center mid are top notch players and they will destroy teams this year. GSA Galaxy Strikers top notch style of play and top notch players. The only games worth watching this year.
Not this age group.
There's a DA curriculum somewhere. And it's a curriculum, not a game winning plan. These boys are not soccer players yet. They're students. It takes a very long time to become a soccer player.

Back