G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

@Luis Andres I got one for you. :p Forum jail.

View attachment 6053
@Luis Andres , I know the RR and TB rules. No jail terms, just be respectful with what you say. I couldn't keep my mouth shut so I just stopped for four years until July of 2019. I did lurk from time to time. Plus, the Gaffer don't waste his time reading about parents gripes on the socal soccer forum. He hears plenty of gripes once the season starts. "How come my baby goat doesn't start" gripe is the first gripe. "My goat doesn't play this position" is usually the next gripe. Then you have the GK gripe, "why two goalies not one" then the, "no ODP invite" gripe or "how come no TC invite" gripe, and the best one, "How come my dd isn't playing that much" gripe. That's what a real coach has to deal with every week. One big gripe after another. Please reconsider Luis???? The Gaffer doesn't hold that much power over your kids playing time so sneak in a few posts from time to time :)

TB is Tad Bobak he is soccer Master grew up playing soccer in the Favelas brazil and is the co founder of blues. He is the Yoda of soccer!!! be very afraid

TB is Tad Bobak he is soccer Master grew up playing soccer in the Favelas brazil and is the co founder of blues. He is the Yoda of soccer!!! be very afraid

That was 2011 too. I wonder what he has to say in today's arena? He should have a best seller written, instead he gets attacked by the haters who know nothing. Go Tad!!!

“What I’ve seen when they do that, these girls having private soccer coaching lessons, they have their own club coaches, they go to these centers, they go to these soccer camps, and what I see is girls at 16 burnt out of soccer. They’re burnt out. They don’t want to come to practice or games. They’re burnt out here in America. I see that over and over."

Reactions: neo
I’ve narrowed it down to 3 possible clubs in OC.

OC Surf, Slammers and Blues will do further digging and then check them out personally. Blues have the best A team but I doubt my daughter will make it on the A team. If they are looking for players like Luis Andres’ daughter then mine does not have a chance. Looking into the B team there, anyone know which one that is? As far as OC Surf their A team seems pretty solid as well. They are ranked high not sure how many players on the current roster? Anyone know? What is their B team? And Slammers there are a few can anyone suggest what would be the Slammers B team in OC? So I can drill down further on these specific teams. Thanks

That was 2011 too. I wonder what he has to say in today's arena? He should have a best seller written, instead he gets attacked by the haters who know nothing. Go Tad!!!

“What I’ve seen when they do that, these girls having private soccer coaching lessons, they have their own club coaches, they go to these centers, they go to these soccer camps, and what I see is girls at 16 burnt out of soccer. They’re burnt out. They don’t want to come to practice or games. They’re burnt out here in America. I see that over and over."

Burnt out really? Why are they too hard?

Burnt out really? Why are they too hard?
Neo, does your dd have Ganas? TB told me this story on the phone about one of his best players ever. At 16, she fell in love and left soccer sad to say. Her dad was freaking pissed. He also told me girls never watch soccer on TV. I said oh ya, I will prove you wrong. 4 years later, he is 100% correct. Now I know of some girls who do it but they have to do it like some have to do the DA. I bet 100% if dads backed off and let dd do own training it would be like Tads or even less. Two days a week at best is my guess with 95% of them. He even says all his players come back and say, "Thank you."

I’ve narrowed it down to 3 possible clubs in OC.

OC Surf, Slammers and Blues will do further digging and then check them out personally. Blues have the best A team but I doubt my daughter will make it on the A team. If they are looking for players like Luis Andres’ daughter then mine does not have a chance. Looking into the B team there, anyone know which one that is? As far as OC Surf their A team seems pretty solid as well. They are ranked high not sure how many players on the current roster? Anyone know? What is their B team? And Slammers there are a few can anyone suggest what would be the Slammers B team in OC? So I can drill down further on these specific teams. Thanks
Use the SCDSL website to determine roster size and team tiering.
This link is for Slammers (parent). You can narrow it down from this.

Neo- here’s my rundown on the 3 clubs you mentioned at the 2010 level.
Slammers- they picked up 5 new players for next year and should be improved. They will be right on the heels of the Blues for top team in OC. A handful of girls who were on the top team this year will be moved to the 2nd team assuming they don’t switch clubs. This will be a very solid team.
Blues - they had tryouts in November and are probably set on the top team. They had two similar flight 2 teams that were both above average. I’m not sure the plan with these teams, but there is enough talent to go 3 teams deep.
OC Surf - I know of at least 5 players leaving, and once half the team leaves the rest are probably not far behind. Be careful here, the cupboard may be bare...although with DA status new talent could be flooding in. I’m not sure here.

Slammers- they picked up 5 new players for next year and should be improved. They will be right on the heels of the Blues for top team in OC. A handful of girls who were on the top team this year will be moved to the 2nd team assuming they don’t switch clubs. This will be a very solid team.
Blues - they had tryouts in November and are probably set on the top team. They had two similar flight 2 teams that were both above average. I’m not sure the plan with these teams, but there is enough talent to go 3 teams deep.
OC Surf - I know of at least 5 players leaving, and once half the team leaves the rest are probably not far behind. Be careful here, the cupboard may be bare...although with DA status new talent could be flooding in. I’m not sure here.

Who is the coach of the Slammers 2nd team and where did the 5 players come from?

Where did the OC Surf people go?

Any update on OC Galaxy (Liverpool)?

Neo, does your dd have Ganas? TB told me this story on the phone about one of his best players ever. At 16, she fell in love and left soccer sad to say. Her dad was freaking pissed. He also told me girls never watch soccer on TV. I said oh ya, I will prove you wrong. 4 years later, he is 100% correct. Now I know of some girls who do it but they have to do it like some have to do the DA. I bet 100% if dads backed off and let dd do own training it would be like Tads or even less. Two days a week at best is my guess with 95% of them. He even says all his players come back and say, "Thank you."

She’s good. Ganas you mean like effort and will to compete. I would say so. Maybe not the most aggressive player but will definitely hold her own and not give up on plays.

With so many different Slammers teams. Are they called Slammers oc? So I guess I’ll scratch Surf from the list then.

Great this should be helpful.

Thanks! Really good article.

She’s good. Ganas you mean like effort and will to compete. I would say so. Maybe not the most aggressive player but will definitely hold her own and not give up on plays.
Bro stick her on any team. If she’s good, she’ll stand out and by the sound of it she’ll get recognized and recruited. Coaches have an eye for talent so let them come to you instead of looking for them. Quality speaks for itself! At least thats always been my motto lol

Who is the coach of the Slammers 2nd team and where did the 5 players come from?

Where did the OC Surf people go?

Any update on OC Galaxy (Liverpool)?

2nd team coach is Leslie Bryant. I’ve heard good things about her. A couple new Slammers players coming from OC Surf. I’m not sure where the others are from, although I heard they are also signing a couple top 2011’s.

Half the OC Surf players moving to Slammers or OC Galaxy...I mean Liverpool. I’m not sure about the other half, although I’d imagine they’ll be looking at 2nd teams at Slammers and Blues.

Yes, Galaxy basically keeping together their existing team and adding from OC Surf.

With so many different Slammers teams. Are they called Slammers oc? So I guess I’ll scratch Surf from the list then.

The Slammers you should be looking at is just listed as “Slammers” on the SCDSL website. Coach of top team is PA, and 2nd team is LB. I wouldn’t scratch Surf based on what I said, just be very careful. We all know how coaches like to oversell their teams, make sure you know what else is there before signing. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I’d be happy to help, I’d hate for your DD to be in the wrong situation her 1st year in OC.

Back