G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

#15 from MVLA is the striker. If she goes to Koge then they will most likely be #1 team in so cal. All they are missing is that striker.
Koge has #13 and #16 and a whole roster of others.. having #15 from MVLA is just being greedy… Koge just proved to us that they are the #1 team in the nation, let alone SoCal.. interesting move if true

Koge has #13 and #16 and a whole roster of others.. having #15 from MVLA is just being greedy… Koge just proved to us that they are the #1 team in the nation, let alone SoCal.. interesting move if true

Koge well deserved National Champs for 2010's however they snuck out of semis to a East coast team Bethesda from MD that would have likely lost to MVLA. Watch first half of semis if you think I'm off Bethesda controlled the game, second half was a dog fight and Koge drew even. Lucky bounce PK was given on a ball that bounced up and hit players hand in the box, off a throw-in! It is part of the game, but cruel way to draw even. Not a NorCal troll I promisee, but MVLA was hands down best team at this age group in Richmond at least, I didn't see too many league games in SW. Koge played an impressive final going up 2-0 but soccer is a game of inches and MVLA should have come out on top based on talent, and style of play. If Koge is adding #15 good luck to everyone else cause that was literally the only piece I thought was missing from that Koge team was a consistent #9. Playing finals on East coast is only chance any other teams will have competing against the strength of multiple teams in CA who will undoubetly make it to Richmond each year. Frankly, the weather was balmy in VA not too different than SD, humidity had no effect on those games, start times potentially did, I agree with that.

Koge well deserved National Champs for 2010's however they snuck out of semis to a East coast team Bethesda from MD that would have likely lost to MVLA. Watch first half of semis if you think I'm off Bethesda controlled the game, second half was a dog fight and Koge drew even. Lucky bounce PK was given on a ball that bounced up and hit players hand in the box, off a throw-in! It is part of the game, but cruel way to draw even. Not a NorCal troll I promisee, but MVLA was hands down best team at this age group in Richmond at least, I didn't see too many league games in SW. Koge played an impressive final going up 2-0 but soccer is a game of inches and MVLA should have come out on top based on talent, and style of play. If Koge is adding #15 good luck to everyone else cause that was literally the only piece I thought was missing from that Koge team was a consistent #9. Playing finals on East coast is only chance any other teams will have competing against the strength of multiple teams in CA who will undoubetly make it to Richmond each year. Frankly, the weather was balmy in VA not too different than SD, humidity had no effect on those games, start times potentially did, I agree with that.
I agree that semi game was odd and somewhat ugly tbh. That’s the game I watched online before my post asking about weather. I guess good defense grinds the flow, but that game was not super pretty. I’m not even sure Bethesda’s goal from the corner kicker even went in but the video angle isn’t great - no one but the ref acted like it did.

@Luis Andres you’ll be missed on here as you always spoke your mind and kept it spicy, best of luck to your DD playing with the fellas. Before you go, I would be interested in hearing your take on the merits of the consolation games?

I agree that semi game was odd and somewhat ugly tbh. That’s the game I watched online before my post asking about weather. I guess good defense grinds the flow, but that game was not super pretty. I’m not even sure Bethesda’s goal from the corner kicker even went in but the video angle isn’t great - no one but the ref acted like it did.

@Luis Andres you’ll be missed on here as you always spoke your mind and kept it spicy, best of luck to your DD playing with the fellas. Before you go, I would be interested in hearing your take on the merits of the consolation games?

Merits of a consolation game for me, there are none. It should be 4 teams in a semis playing to go to finals and then the losing teams playing for that 3rd place medal. Flying to Virginia to lose in PK’s vs a team you play in your backyard to then playing a consolation game does not make sense…the energy will be very off. Anyways good luck to everyone in this So Cal age group. Lots of talented players in so cal. We may show up somewhere during playoffs. That Koge team is looking very promising for next season with the mvla striker coming if the rumor is true.

Last edited:
She is playing 09

Oh how I love the reading silliness. Hopefully it was a parent job opportunity not some forever to

its a team not a “she”. Koge 09 is not lucky to have her / it’s the opposite.
I've seen several change from somewhere else to Socal.

Usually it's to play on a high level youth team + because Socal clubs have tighter connections into schools like UCLA.

Crazy that someone would move just so their kid could play on a team. But, it happens.

Why would you leave a team that is considered the top team to join Koge in SoCal? That’s saying a lot without saying nothing… 13 & 16 are beasts! That’s gna be a tough nut to crack. Worse case they all split mins, gd luck to all of them… that’s a gd problem to have.

My buddy told me that MVLA should be counting their lucky stars LOL! He said that MVLA SHOULD of lost to Beach in the round of 16 and that LAFC gave them all they could handle during the spring showcase. Give Koge some credit, I believe this is the same team that got clobbered by MVLA during Surf Cup 5-1… now they’re the U13 Champs. Congratulations to them and their club.

My buddy told me that MVLA should be counting their lucky stars LOL! He said that MVLA SHOULD of lost to Beach in the round of 16 and that LAFC gave them all they could handle during the spring showcase. Give Koge some credit, I believe this is the same team that got clobbered by MVLA during Surf Cup 5-1… now they’re the U13 Champs. Congratulations to them and their club.
Good point, 13 year olds are unpredictable and teams are not the same from game to game — and yes, now I’m just posting to get to Silver Elite ;-)

Koge and Blues have swapped; Koge now shows #3 in the country. They are tied out to 2 decimal points, so could continue to swap with the smallest changes for any individual top team. Surf is .3 goals ahead, and Solar is .3 goals ahead from there, so those gaps are somewhat less tenuous.

View attachment 17700
Number of goals? How do they base these rankings? Based on the number of goals scored? I’d figure it would be done by wins and losses across all age groups.

Number of goals? How do they base these rankings? Based on the number of goals scored? I’d figure it would be done by wins and losses across all age groups.

10+ page thread about Soccer Rankings right over here, so probably shouldn't rehash it all here. But quickly - teams start with a generic rating by age group. As rated teams play each other and their scores are loaded electronically, their relative ratings are compared. If their actual results are better than expected results, their rating goes up a smidge. If their actual results are worse than expected results, their rating goes down a smidge. Exactly how much is complex, as it depends on the results of all of the other interdependent games that all of their opponents (and all of their opponents) ((and all of their opponents)) complete. A team gets a valid rating after having ~6 to 10 games against other rated teams within the past 7 months. Newer games count more than older games, and once games are 6+ months old, they count very little if at all to affect a team's rating. The ratings can be compared as goal differences. For example, a team rated 47 would be expected to beat a team rated 45 by two goals. A higher rated team in the US will beat a lower rated team 83% of the time. For a number of viewers of this board, a higher rated team will beat a lower rated team that they are following 75% of the time, as things get a little more variable when you're at the pointy end (top 100 teams nationally).

A club rating is calculated by taking the rating of the club's top team from U11 through U17, and averaging them. The club needs to have at least 5 teams in those 7 age groups to be calculated; if one or two teams are missing a team the missed age group gets a generic "30" to still have 7 ratings to average. In this case, it's showing that Surf is the 2nd strongest club (girls) in the nation, and on average their top team would beat the top team of Koge , the 3rd strongest club, by 0.3 goals. Clearly that is quite close. For some age groups, Koge is stronger, but for more age groups, Surf is stronger.

10+ page thread about Soccer Rankings right over here, so probably shouldn't rehash it all here. But quickly - teams start with a generic rating by age group. As rated teams play each other and their scores are loaded electronically, their relative ratings are compared. If their actual results are better than expected results, their rating goes up a smidge. If their actual results are worse than expected results, their rating goes down a smidge. Exactly how much is complex, as it depends on the results of all of the other interdependent games that all of their opponents (and all of their opponents) ((and all of their opponents)) complete. A team gets a valid rating after having ~6 to 10 games against other rated teams within the past 7 months. Newer games count more than older games, and once games are 6+ months old, they count very little if at all to affect a team's rating. The ratings can be compared as goal differences. For example, a team rated 47 would be expected to beat a team rated 45 by two goals. A higher rated team in the US will beat a lower rated team 83% of the time. For a number of viewers of this board, a higher rated team will beat a lower rated team that they are following 75% of the time, as things get a little more variable when you're at the pointy end (top 100 teams nationally).

A club rating is calculated by taking the rating of the club's top team from U11 through U17, and averaging them. The club needs to have at least 5 teams in those 7 age groups to be calculated; if one or two teams are missing a team the missed age group gets a generic "30" to still have 7 ratings to average. In this case, it's showing that Surf is the 2nd strongest club (girls) in the nation, and on average their top team would beat the top team of Koge , the 3rd strongest club, by 0.3 goals. Clearly that is quite close. For some age groups, Koge is stronger, but for more age groups, Surf is stronger.

thanks for the crash course and link.

I've seen several change from somewhere else to Socal.

Usually it's to play on a high level youth team + because Socal clubs have tighter connections into schools like UCLA.

Crazy that someone would move just so their kid could play on a team. But, it happens.

Wow.. maybe being down closer to some of the SoCal schools like UCLA is a smart thing. The UCLA coach used to be a MVLA coach so easy for her to just call the DOC for feedback.

I'm sure Koge would have liked to have her at the '09 finals and MVLA would have like to have her in the '09 round of 16.
San Juan beat both those teams in playoffs and she was on that San Juan 09 team in 2022. she left to go to mvla late last summer.

Why would you leave a team that is considered the top team to join Koge in SoCal? That’s saying a lot without saying nothing… 13 & 16 are beasts! That’s gna be a tough nut to crack. Worse case they all split mins, gd luck to all of them… that’s a gd problem to have.
SoCal competition would be a good reason to leave. Have you checked out MVLA's NorCal schedule/game scores? They blew those teams out, they might consider playing a year up, IMO. If in fact the MVLA striker moves to a SoCal team, it will be interesting seeing her against some of the other top 2010 strikers.
I would also agree with you about worse case is splitting minutes, not something I'd consider for my child.

Back