ECNL for Guys

If my son was skilled enough, which competition would I try to get him involved with?

• USSDA

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • ECNL for boys

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaliKlines

Awfully quiet on the Boys ECNL front. Nothing about it on the ECNL website, and not much chatter in here. Anyone know anything, or was it bluster to take on US Soccer?

It was just an update as part of a larger discussion to all ECNL clubs with what is happening..my feel is it will happen and clubs who have the girls side will have the option of the boys program.

I was speaking with a DOC from our club on this topic and he said that we would likely be applying. He said applications are just beginning to come out. It begins at U14, so it will impact the 2004 age group next year and up.

I was speaking with a DOC from our club on this topic and he said that we would likely be applying. He said applications are just beginning to come out. It begins at U14, so it will impact the 2004 age group next year and up.
Is is supposed to be limited to only the current girls ECNL clubs (like SoCal Blues), or are they going to open it up to all clubs, including current DA clubs?

Oh, good. Another league we can dump our hard earned cash into for the same level of play. More opportunities to dilute the talent throughout the region. Pay to play is out of control and I'm just as guilty.

The only problem with this would be SoCal Blues don't have boys teams.

Probably another topic, but why haven't Blues added boys teams?
Eclipse was all girls and they merged with Strikers. The original Eclipse group is OC Strikers FC and is still an all girls club. But there are so many different Strikere groups out there, it's hard to recognize.

Probably another topic, but why haven't Blues added boys teams?
Eclipse was all girls and they merged with Strikers. The original Eclipse group is OC Strikers FC and is still an all girls club. But there are so many different Strikere groups out there, it's hard to recognize.

From what I know, Blues doing perfectly fine being girls only club. Eclipse on the other hand missed the opportunity to get on ECNL status when it was available, so the only way for them to get it, was to join Strikers Irvine, who had ECNL status, but was struggling with girls teams.

This part is a vast improvement on ECNL since it provides a pathway for non-affiliated teams to earn a spot.

"ENPL competition will include U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-19 boys age groups, and will include participating teams from two independent qualification paths: (i) qualifying teams from National Premier Leagues across the country; and (ii) qualifying teams from ECNL club-based conferences across the country."

I wonder if they are going to do something similar for ECNL? They should have done that long ago but the club DOCs were too busy protecting their monopoly.

Back