DA QUICK QUESTION

I can't believe that Surf (or any other club) would do something unethical like this.;)

This comment makes absolutely no sense. Having an ECNL card wouldn't prevent a player from moving to a DA program or trying out. The club could prevent a transfer to another ECNL team during the season just like a club could prevent a move from SCDSL to SCDSL during the freeze dates. The reality is, most clubs do not this (Arsenal just let one of its players transfer to Surf ECNL). Ask the player if Surf approved the mid-season transfer and you have your answer on locking up players.

This comment makes absolutely no sense. Having an ECNL card wouldn't prevent a player from moving to a DA program or trying out. The club could prevent a transfer to another ECNL team during the season just like a club could prevent a move from SCDSL to SCDSL during the freeze dates. The reality is, most clubs do not this (Arsenal just let one of its players transfer to Surf ECNL). Ask the player if Surf approved the mid-season transfer and you have your answer on locking up players.

Girls DA is new for 2017 -18 and there are no existing players so until the season starts in Sept 17 ' & players register in August there is nothing preventing anybody for anything. When you register, fill out the waivers you are agreeing to follow the rules and provisions

ECNL tryout window is in May 2017 for existing players. Those players agreed to the ENCL provisions and rules when they signed-up.

Nothing prevents a player for attending training or trying out for another club. However, doing so during the season without following protocol can lead to consequences and even when you do there can be repercussions.

Like I mentioned previously in this thread, sneaking around or just trying out for another club can be risky especially if you don't discuss or get permission before the fact. This is one case where asking for "permission is better than asking for forgiveness" most of the time. Small world and word get back to clubs/coaches quickly when players are training and trying out for other clubs.

Every year since I can remember I have heard or seen starting players being dismissed/cut or their roles reduced once its know they are looking at other clubs. Last year during one of our DA tryouts, a couple of kids where dismissed from their current club teams before they even finished the tryout. Missing CRL or other team games, functions for a tryout somewhere else resulted in immediate calls to the parents for example.

Surf has an open door policy when it comes to girls leaving. We have had a couple of girls leave mid season to join other ECNL teams with no repercussions. It just needs to be approved by both DOCs and the league. So, the idea that these girls were put on the ECNL team just to lock them up, makes no sense.
http://goalnation.com/surf-sc/

Surf has an open door policy when it comes to girls leaving. We have had a couple of girls leave mid season to join other ECNL teams with no repercussions. It just needs to be approved by both DOCs and the league. So, the idea that these girls were put on the ECNL team just to lock them up, makes no sense.
http://goalnation.com/surf-sc/

Most likely 1 '04 "stud" was given offer/card to occasionally play with "03"s and then a couple of parents butts/egos were hurt leading to issuance of a few other cards and phantom rostering to placate said bruised egos. Probably had nothing to do with "locking" '04 players into a club. Surf philosophy similar to Doritos advertising; "go where you want...we'll find more"

Most likely 1 '04 "stud" was given offer/card to occasionally play with "03"s and then a couple of parents butts/egos were hurt leading to issuance of a few other cards and phantom rostering to placate said bruised egos. Probably had nothing to do with "locking" '04 players into a club. Surf philosophy similar to Doritos advertising; "go where you want...we'll find more"
What 04 stud???

all an ECNL club can do is kick your daughter off the team or sit her on the bench if she breaks the "contract" rules. If your daughter is a stud they won't do either. The reign of power and terror of the youth soccer clubs. They don't own your child but they like to think they do and certainly act that way.

There were plenty of players from other clubs at LAGSD last night. Great night for the club well run practice and lots of solid information. Extremely impressed with all the information coming from the non ECNL DA teams. They really seem to be putting in a ton of effort

Girls DA is new for 2017 -18 and there are no existing players so until the season starts in Sept 17 ' & players register in August there is nothing preventing anybody for anything. When you register, fill out the waivers you are agreeing to follow the rules and provisions

ECNL tryout window is in May 2017 for existing players. Those players agreed to the ENCL provisions and rules when they signed-up.

Nothing prevents a player for attending training or trying out for another club. However, doing so during the season without following protocol can lead to consequences and even when you do there can be repercussions.

Like I mentioned previously in this thread, sneaking around or just trying out for another club can be risky especially if you don't discuss or get permission before the fact. This is one case where asking for "permission is better than asking for forgiveness" most of the time. Small world and word get back to clubs/coaches quickly when players are training and trying out for other clubs.

Every year since I can remember I have heard or seen starting players being dismissed/cut or their roles reduced once its know they are looking at other clubs. Last year during one of our DA tryouts, a couple of kids where dismissed from their current club teams before they even finished the tryout. Missing CRL or other team games, functions for a tryout somewhere else resulted in immediate calls to the parents for example.

Agree with the theory but usually this isn't the reality.
At what age did those players get cut and what exactly did they do? Just out of curiosity. I am all for following the player contract and club rules and do agree that team functions should be honored.
Seems pretty drastic to be let go. Petty more appropriate phrase

Agree with the theory but usually this isn't the reality.
At what age did those players get cut and what exactly did they do? Just out of curiosity. I am all for following the player contract and club rules and do agree that team functions should be honored.
Seems pretty drastic to be let go. Petty more appropriate phrase

In the sponsored club team world in high profile leagues this is reality, pay to play and your results may vary.

U13,U14, U15 early this year. They snuck around at other clubs training or attended tryouts without prior approval or discussion with current coaches.

There are transfer windows in DA and a protocol (Both clubs must be notified about the training or try out before the fact) Follow that and no problems, don't and the transfer can get denied.

ECNL has their transfer windows, tryout period (May), rules and regulations also.

When you're at a regular club team looking to move after the tday break the "open door policy" is what you would hope most use. However when you're on a sponsored or high profile team withing a club some don't see it that way; missing tournaments, CRL, or other teams games and functions to train or tryout at another club before the season is over is not putting your "team" first and I've seen or heard of a number of players dismissed for not following through on their player commitments or protocol.

Most coaches & clubs can be understanding if you want to play at a higher level, have transportations problems, looking for more playing time, a better fit, etc. During the transfer or try out windows or with prior discussion there should be no problems. Not following through on your player commitments or protocol and the results may vary, some have a zero tolerance no matter the player,

Go your own way, don't be the unlucky parent who has to tell there heartbroken kid they have been cut from their current team before st/nt cup and didn't make the tryout team either so they are essential starting over.

Where do Legends hold their training?
Silverlakes is the main facility for Legends North, so I've got to believe that they will be held there. LFC also utilized fields at Vets in Pomona, and Ayala Park in Chino. If you sign up and register, they will provide you with all of the information you need.

Silverlakes is the main facility for Legends North, so I've got to believe that they will be held there. LFC also utilized fields at Vets in Pomona, and Ayala Park in Chino. If you sign up and register, they will provide you with all of the information you need.
Thanks

Back