DA QUICK QUESTION

Striker17

PREMIER
Conflicting info from clubs can anyone clarify?
1. Why are some clubs saying they are doing two DA teams?
2. Why are some clubs saying they are carrying roster of 18 and 6-8 Discovery players that will "float"
3. If you are an ECNL CLUB can your DD be a DP and play ECNL or does she have to play a non ECNL team within the club as a rostered Dp?

Please share if you know

I heard something interesting at practice last night. I was told that all ECNL players must wait until the end of the current ECNL season before they can tryout for a DA team. I don't see that applying to players at Blues, WCFC, Slammers or Surf where they have both. Part of the beauty of the DA program is the vagueness and ambiguity surrounding it.

I heard something interesting at practice last night. I was told that all ECNL players must wait until the end of the current ECNL season before they can tryout for a DA team. I don't see that applying to players at Blues, WCFC, Slammers or Surf where they have both. Part of the beauty of the DA program is the vagueness and ambiguity surrounding it.

Slavery was outlawed 150 years ago.

I heard something interesting at practice last night. I was told that all ECNL players must wait until the end of the current ECNL season before they can tryout for a DA team.
I know of a few clubs who took this into consideration when dual carding 04's for the current 03 ECNL season in attempt to ensure they stay put well into next year.

I know of a few clubs who took this into consideration when dual carding 04's for the current 03 ECNL season in attempt to ensure they stay put well into next year.

Signing players up for multiple teams is one of the unethical things clubs have been caught doing. It's not against any of the soccer association rules, but it stinks when a club tells a player he can't leave because he and/or his parents were tricked into signing what seemed to be just another piece of paper.

It was made very clear to us that we committed to our ECNL team through May, 2017.

No stepping foot onto any other ECNL club-sanctioned event until that time has come and gone.

These early tryouts are great...just don't think you will see any ECNL rostered girls participate other than inter-club players.

If you do see any...let us know so we can contact the ECNL authorities!!!

It was made very clear to us that we committed to our ECNL team through May, 2017.

No stepping foot onto any other ECNL club-sanctioned event until that time has come and gone.

These early tryouts are great...just don't think you will see any ECNL rostered girls participate other than inter-club players.

Soccer drones are out.

Signing players up for multiple teams is one of the unethical things clubs have been caught doing. It's not against any of the soccer association rules, but it stinks when a club tells a player he can't leave because he and/or his parents were tricked into signing what seemed to be just another piece of paper.

I know of about four who have left that situation and moved to another club and it didn't appear to be any problem according to parents. They were dual carded 04

I guess my biggest question really is can a girl be on the DA as a discovery player but the roster on an EC NL team too? it seems to fly in the face of what they are trying to accomplish in terms of decreased games and more intensive trainings.

Also The clubs that are saying that they have two DA teams are not EC NL clubs.
I really would like to keep in touch with all of you as we navigate through the new names that are becoming popular like Academy reserve and Academy.

PS define tryout. and having a really hard time with people still believing that tryouts are where decisions are made about players

Conflicting info from clubs can anyone clarify?
1. Why are some clubs saying they are doing two DA teams?
2. Why are some clubs saying they are carrying roster of 18 and 6-8 Discovery players that will "float"
3. If you are an ECNL CLUB can your DD be a DP and play ECNL or does she have to play a non ECNL team within the club as a rostered Dp?
1. DA Team and Reserve Team may be some new lingo we start hearing.
2. ECNL team's can dress 18 players and may have discovery players as well from non-ecnl clubs that may play with the ecnl team when needed. A way to identify great talent outside an ecnl club.
3. Your dd cannot be a discovery player if she is on an ecnl club. Discovery players are identified from non ecnl clubs.

Ecnl rostered girls can go to DA tryouts at non ecnl clubs. Good luck everyone this Sunday as the 1st DA tryouts are upon us already.

This weekend is Pats 1-3 Cap HS.
Next week is another "training" for some clubs.
Good luck everyone looks like a nice coaching line up.

With a fully funded program, a strong coaching staff, and the 1st Da tryouts of the season, it most def will draw a large crowd at Capo HS. :) Good luck to all of the dd's that attend this Sunday.

Pats have the boys DA- everyone should go to get a taste of the technical aspect of an actual DA tryout. Looking forward to actual curriculum and US Scout input rather than "hey let's scrimmage".
The boys DA tryout last year looked like a video game at the field- -about 400 cones , poles etc and it was all technique and small sided play. It was extremely impressive so I think the girls one would have to be similar. Send updates!

I don't think he was arguing that! How is Legends DA coming along any word on when they are starting
You are correct Striker 17. I was just questioning an ECNL player going to tryouts period with strict guidelines and rules in place, I was just wondering if everyone interprets the competition rules the same way for ECNL. Absolutely, I know that there are plenty of Non-ECNL clubs that are very competitive. So .... with that being said... Do you think we will see a lot of rostered ECNL players there on Sunday?

Back