Advice for a n00b?

Thats the real issue here. He is young 6. There are no U7 team at the club he is playing rec at.

Oh sorry didn't realize he was that young...
Play on any team where he can be the star and fall in love with the game!
Seems like the kid is good and also loves the game. I would move him to club next year then when there's the team for his age at the current local club...

Oh sorry didn't realize he was that young...
Play on any team where he can be the star and fall in love with the game!
Seems like the kid is good and also loves the game. I would move him to club next year then when there's the team for his age at the current local club...

Oh he is in love already :) Hard to be a star with older 7, nearly 8 year olds on his team, but that hasn't discouraged him at all. I'm going to take him to a bunch of futsal this next 12 months and by this time next year, he should totally be ready to make the leap, perhaps before.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone, its been really enlightening!

San Diego futsal is run out of 4S Ranch https://www.sandiegofutsal.com/ (Coaches are Surf)

Took the kid to Coach Mario and Sons training yesterday evening at 4S. It was really awesome. The kid had SO much fun. Coach Mario *really* knows how to make things extra fun. He had some friends of his kids over from Europe who play in academies there and they showed off some really fun moves. My son woke up this morning asking how many more days until he can go back there. Thanks so much for the tip!

Took the kid to Coach Mario and Sons training yesterday evening at 4S. It was really awesome. The kid had SO much fun. Coach Mario *really* knows how to make things extra fun. He had some friends of his kids over from Europe who play in academies there and they showed off some really fun moves. My son woke up this morning asking how many more days until he can go back there. Thanks so much for the tip!
Haha, Mario is an interesting/nice guy + the kids all love his sessions. What more can you ask for?

It doesn't have to happen tomorrow but I still highly recommend checking out all the different futsal clubs. It's worth understanding the specifics of what makes them different.

Haha, Mario is an interesting/nice guy + the kids all love his sessions. What more can you ask for?

He is quite a character. I don't know how he doesn't lose his voice after every single session. And yeah, all the kids love his sessions its really easy to see that. Music blasting, fun demonstrations, basically teaching the kids to learn to dance with the ball.

It doesn't have to happen tomorrow but I still highly recommend checking out all the different futsal clubs. It's worth understanding the specifics of what makes them different.

Will definitely do that. Some of the others don't have such a liberal drop-in policy, but we will see what we can do.

On another note, I watched 6x U8 games this weekend to scout for all-star players. I don't quite know why they don't hold tryouts, but I can definitely fill an all-star roster with some very good players. My son is not at their level yet, but I will let him practice with them and maybe get some minutes in the tournaments. Will see how that goes.

The main thing is, he now lives for soccer. We went to the Wave game last night after Futsal and he fell asleep in the car on the way back. He asked so many questions at the game. First words out of his mouth this morning were "When is the next futsal practice?". I guess its working :)

Back