A little confused

Tony Sheri was texting girls asking them to help him because he has a prostate problem and needed help "getting out" a semen sample. He was texting girls in college and on his then current Albion teams. This is not a rumor, its a fact, I saw it with my own two eyes and my own kid. There are several others and it really pisses me off that no communication has come from ALBION in regards to the situation so that people can talk to their children. I do not blame the club for Sheri being a pervert but I do blame them for not getting out in front of it and putting something out so folks can talk to their kids.

Is this guy out there coaching somewhere else? Is Albion going to say or do anything, or just cut him loose and hope no one is the wiser? I get that its bad publicity but keeping it hush hush is even worse.
This is mortifying.

Ethical Standards
1. General Standards
a. Applicability of the Ethics Code - All coaches should be sensitive to their position as rolemodels to Academy athletes. Private activities perceived as immoral or illegal can influence the coaching environment.
i. Exploitative Relationships – Coaches and Academy personnel do not exploit or engage in any sexual/romantic relationships with athletes or other participants over whom they have supervisory, evaluative or other authority.

Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment deserves special mention. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, written, or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when:
• submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of the individual’s employment;
• submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for an employment decision affecting that individual; or such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance and creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment may involve individuals of the same or different gender. It may also occur between individuals of any employment status.
Examples of conduct that may constitute sexual harassment and are prohibited by this Policy include, but are not limited to
unnecessary touching, patting, hugging, pinching, or brushing against a person’s body;
staring, ogling, leering, or whistling at a person; continued or repeated verbal abuse of a sexual nature; sexually explicit statements, sexual flirtations, advances, propositions, subtle pressure for sexual activity, comments, questions, jokes, or anecdotes; graphic or degrading comments about a person’s clothing, body or sexual activity; sexually suggestive objects, cartoons, posters, calendars, or pictures in the workplace; suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations;
harassing use of electronic mail, electronic or instant messaging, or telephone communication systems; or other physical or verbal conduct of a sexual nature.

U.S. Soccer prohibits managers and supervisors from threatening or insinuating, either explicitly or implicitly, that a person’s submission to or rejection of sexual advances will in any way influence any personnel decision regarding that person’s wages, assigned duties, advancement, evaluation, shifts, career development, or any other condition of employment.

Round 1 of Albion’s Shitshow ended without any Albion parents standing up to do the right thing and the team looked downright stupid.
We are now at round 2. Will you protect your girls?

@Pervsmasher please post the story here as well as this is a pertinent thread with families
Feel free to quote and post if you would like. I just don’t get the silence and I think I have a right to know where this guy is so he cannot get anywhere near teenage girls! The girls I know of personally, including mine were over 18 when perv texts began. They were also no longer his players or with Albion. In my players case, texting with TS was routine throughout the college recruiting process and after he would text on occasion to ask about soccer etc. the perv stuff started creeping in around 3 months ago. My kid is fine and technically an “adult” so these texts are not illegal in our case. How many girls was he doing this too? Wouldn’t you expect a heads up from the club?

Feel free to quote and post if you would like. I just don’t get the silence and I think I have a right to know where this guy is so he cannot get anywhere near teenage girls! The girls I know of personally, including mine were over 18 when perv texts began. They were also no longer his players or with Albion. In my players case, texting with TS was routine throughout the college recruiting process and after he would text on occasion to ask about soccer etc. the perv stuff started creeping in around 3 months ago. My kid is fine and technically an “adult” so these texts are not illegal in our case. How many girls was he doing this too? Wouldn’t you expect a heads up from the club?
So it’s just regular sexual harassment not sexual harassment of a minor. That means Albion is still liable. Have you sought legal counsel? This man had not only access to minors but full rosters and records with enough information to wish girls a happy 18th birthday.

What exactly would you have me do? As mentioned my child is no longer a “child”technically. She is in a different state attending school and does not want anything to do with this other than to have it stop. Albion the club is aware and has fired the guy and then gone silent. What would you have me do other than “ just posting on a forum”? I did not hire Tony Sheri. Albion did. Do they not bear some responsibility to communicate this to their paying customers? What if this was your child?
@Pervsmasher Alright here’s what you’re gonna do
1. Contact US Soccer directly. Not Noah, not McKaveny. The top.
2. Contact the Distric Attorney that handled the Barca embezzlement case. Her name Liza Prodigalidad and she can be reached at (619) 531-4316
3. Contact KUSI. They will love this.
4. Contact Vice News. San Diego youth soccer now has drunks, extramarital affairs, embezzlement, and now CHILD GROOMING. It doesn’t matter that he waited until they turned 18 to text them, he lusted after children and groomed them until their birthdays.
5. Look to others here for support. We are on your side. I know you want this to be done but you have been betrayed and that is not okay.

The clubs hate the forum because it “spreads misinformation.”
Without this forum nobody would have known that Albion exposed over 100 young girls to a volatile predator. He traveled with those girls. He made them text him privately. He played them against each other because they are children who don’t know when they shouldn’t try and be an adult’s favorite.
Without this forum nobody tonight would be sitting down their daughters for one of the worst conversations they may ever have.

Now is not the time for silence.

I am not out to destroy Albion. I don’t have enough information to determine whether they should have known or not hired this guy because of the 17 year old accusations. San Diego United and the County of San Diego also hired him so if there is fault there it’s widespread. My only issue with Albion is no communication with the families past and present. That’s it.

I am not out to destroy Albion. I don’t have enough information to determine whether they should have known or not hired this guy because of the 17 year old accusations. San Diego United and the County of San Diego also hired him so if there is fault there it’s widespread. My only issue with Albion is no communication with the families past and present. That’s it.
Understood but if you don’t speak up who will? This guy will be free to move on somewhere else and Albion will continue to operate this way. Please don’t make the mistake of not speaking up. When you find out a year or two from now that he went somewhere else and targeted even younger girls you will never forgive yourself These predators are allowed to continue year after year because when they disappear everyone is relieved and no one wants to deal with it. If you speak up Albion will think twice before they hire someone with a questionable past and they will notify families if their kid has been put at risk by one of their coaches. You have a chance to change things here for the better.

Understood but if you don’t speak up who will? This guy will be free to move on somewhere else and Albion will continue to operate this way. Please don’t make the mistake of not speaking up. When you find out a year or two from now that he went somewhere else and targeted even younger girls you will never forgive yourself These predators are allowed to continue year after year because when they disappear everyone is relieved and no one wants to deal with it. If you speak up Albion will think twice before they hire someone with a questionable past and they will notify families if their kid has been put at risk by one of their coaches. You have a chance to change things here for the better.

It is not an 18 year old girls job to do anything. It is the clubs job. Any outrage should be directed at Albion for hiring a man who they knew had already been accused of inappropriate conduct with a minor because they valued his college contacts more than the safety of their players.

I can sympathize with that wholeheartedly. We don’t know what happened 17 years ago. We know what happened recently though and so does Albion. They did nothing. They told no one. Your only issue is the EXACT reason to act.

It is not an 18 year old girls job to do anything. It is the clubs job. Any outrage should be directed at Albion for hiring a man who they knew had already been accused of inappropriate conduct with a minor because they valued his college contacts more than the safety of their players.
I will agree to disagree. This should be 1st and foremost about the person who commits the act and then 2nd, those who have enabled it.

My heart goes out to those he has effected.

I’m sorry I think you misunderstood what I said. I am asking the adult poster to speak up, not his player. I’m asking him to bring this to the authorities so that both the predator and the club who hired and facilitated him will be held accountable. For the life of me I can’t figure out how you got the idea that I was advocating that The victim had any responsibility in the situation.

I’m sorry I think you misunderstood what I said. I am asking the adult poster to speak up, not his player. I’m asking him to bring this to the authorities so that both the predator and the club who hired and facilitated him will be held accountable. For the life of me I can’t figure out how you got the idea that I was advocating that The victim had any responsibility in the situation.

She is an adult. If it were to be brought to authorities, she would have to do it, not her parents. That is a lot to ask of a young adult just starting college. Besides, I don’t think any law was broken since she is an adult but it could open an investigation into whether he is also having inappropriate relationship with minors.

She is an adult. If it were to be brought to authorities, she would have to do it, not her parents. That is a lot to ask of a young adult just starting college. Besides, I don’t think any law was broken since she is an adult but it could open an investigation into whether he is also having inappropriate relationship with minors.
I would say that with little effort or engagement one or some of the victims here could speak up in today’s environment. Historically....no. But with Nassar and all of the other things that are coming to light, if there is evidence of inappropriate behavior by Men in power positions, especially those who’s job is working with minors, media outlets and authorities would be willing to act with the victims best interests in mind.

Just grooming children. Also I'm not sure what supplements are involved with the contracts signed by coaching staff but I'm going to assume there's at least a note or two that say something like "follow the rules and guidelines set out by the DA" which alone constitutes breach of contract meaning free game for civil suit (for which he has no possible defense and you will have lawyers throwing their hat in the ring on your behalf, pro bono). He's also down for misuse of company assets if he is using the roster to find out who is legal yet and how to contact them so Albion might well have an opportunity to pretend to do the right thing with more civil action but they're going to want to act quickly because this train is driving itself now.

Back