'23-'24 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Who would have thought that Blues are good at recruiting (poaching) but not as much at turning recruits into better players…

Funny how when we were youngers we would think Blues coaches scouting our games was the coolest thing. Now that our kids our olders it's a bit ridiculous thinking of coaches scouting 8 or 9 year olds.

It's all the Blues fault🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I had firsthand experience and so did a very dear friend of mind and his dd and what you're saying is not true shooting star. My pals dd was leaving his old Strikers team. AR told the dad if you leave, no ODP invite for your daughter. All this because she went to da Blues. The shit he said about Tad, crazy Larry and the Baker Bros was insane. I was shocked he went to tad after turning down a bag of cash to be the Doc for OC Surf. I read the email by the way to my pal. I will ask my pal to post it for all to read. I do agree he should be in the pros. Sage my ass!!! This guy is a liar bro. He also has the keys to colleges, YNT recommendations and Pros. Trust me, the money is very nice at the youth level, especially the private sessions that allows mom and dad private access to all the keys. Get the cash out daddy and STFU and tell your beautiful dd to obey the master teacher and do as told and all well go with

Who would have thought that Blues are good at recruiting (poaching) but not as much at turning recruits into better players…
They all poach/recruit/ “train”
Maybe teaching the game of soccer is a losing proposition now because it doesn’t happen overnight.

Other issues of today -

Looking for immediate top team/trophy/ guarantee to YNT - then
Parents that blame and demean the coach way too easily without humanistic regard and with no consideration to the team
Kids that are entitled
Lack of work ethic

Could be a generational thing and could be that some coaches are not keeping up with the fomo trend.

Slow and steady doesn’t win the race - stroking egos does now.

They all poach/recruit/ “train”
Maybe teaching the game of soccer is a losing proposition now because it doesn’t happen overnight.

Other issues of today -

Looking for immediate top team/trophy/ guarantee to YNT - then
Parents that blame and demean the coach way too easily without humanistic regard and with no consideration to the team
Kids that are entitled
Lack of work ethic

Could be a generational thing and could be that some coaches are not keeping up with the fomo trend.

Slow and steady doesn’t win the race - stroking egos does now.
My dd played for Tad for two years. No one left Tad's teams unless you were cut or moved. Tad is the best coache ever in SoCal regarding his treatment of the ladies on his team. A true class act, trust me. Always honest to me. He NEVER yelled at his player, or demend them and I mean never. He only had 7 teams in 42 years. Do the Math. He would recruit the top youth in Socal and then call his top potential players to come out for some Sunday Scrimmages to get the girls to battle the best of the best and get them ready to play U11 and 11v11 for the first time. Legends and Beach would throw a fit on here about how unfair it was that Tad and Rob worked harder then all of them combine in recruiting. Tad would sit in a chair with paper and pencil and take notes. He did not offer scholarships like the other top clubs do today. He never talked YNT or college. with me or my kid. ECNL was only for high schoolers back then. It all changed in 2016 with the age change and the failed GDA League. Tad got poached for the first time, but clubs were offering full rides, free travel, free everything and some got per diems for travel food and expenses. Full rides were being offered to all the top 04s, who were all let loose to find new GDA teams. Tad lost half of his State Cup Championship team. Blues has never recovered. It's hard to compete with "free soccer" when everyone else is paying $120K to get a college deal.

Back