2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

I don't really think they'll win but just wondering what effect the altitude will have on both UCLA & USC.

Stanford and Cal have to play each other and it would be very Calesque of them to come back and beat Stanford so it could open things up for USC or UCLA, which could make their matchup for the PAC 12 championship.
After watching UCLA and USC this weekend. Both teams are deep, so the altitude probably won't be that much of a factor vs Colorado. With that said, UCLA is a finesse team compared to USC. USC is the most physical team I have seen in college soccer. Fleming is the best player I have seen in college soccer, better than Morgan Andrews.

The Pac-12 Championship could come down to the UCLA vs USC game.

After watching UCLA and USC this weekend. Both teams are deep, so the altitude probably won't be that much of a factor vs Colorado. With that said, UCLA is a finesse team compared to USC. USC is the most physical team I have seen in college soccer. Fleming is the best player I have seen in college soccer, better than Morgan Andrews.

The Pac-12 Championship could come down to the UCLA vs USC game.

Will we see Pugh and Sanchez join Fleming next year for UCLA? How good will they be? I'll drive my daughter to Westwood to watch some of those games.

Fleming pulling the strings for Ashley and Mallory will be fun to watch.

Will we see Pugh and Sanchez join Fleming next year for UCLA? How good will they be? I'll drive my daughter to Westwood to watch some of those games.

The whole team is built to possess the ball. With the way Fleming puts the ball through to the forwards having Pugh and Sanchez on the end of those balls not to mention Canales, Dunphy, Rodriguez and Flynn. They are going to be tough to beat. My early thoughts are that it is going to be UCLA, Penn St. and Stanford as the top 3 teams next year. Penn St. only loses one senior and gets 4 U20 WWC players that will start for them. Stanford only loses 2 starters and gets another top 3 recruiting class in. UCLA gets Pugh and Canales and a top 2 recruiting class including Sanchez and Kennedy Faulknor a Canadian defender that has been capped with the Full Canadian WNT. Gonna be good the next few years.

The whole team is built to possess the ball. With the way Fleming puts the ball through to the forwards having Pugh and Sanchez on the end of those balls not to mention Canales, Dunphy, Rodriguez and Flynn. They are going to be tough to beat. My early thoughts are that it is going to be UCLA, Penn St. and Stanford as the top 3 teams next year. Penn St. only loses one senior and gets 4 U20 WWC players that will start for them. Stanford only loses 2 starters and gets another top 3 recruiting class in. UCLA gets Pugh and Canales and a top 2 recruiting class including Sanchez and Kennedy Faulknor a Canadian defender that has been capped with the Full Canadian WNT. Gonna be good the next few years.
I dont think any team will be able to even give them a game.

I dont think any team will be able to even give them a game.
Come on now Bern! Yes, they will be good but everybody needs to get along and learn to work together so it's not like they are winning this thing wire to wire next year.

I will be rooting for them (unless they are playing Pepp) but let's not crown them just yet.

Come on now Bern! Yes, they will be good but everybody needs to get along and learn to work together so it's not like they are winning this thing wire to wire next year.

I will be rooting for them (unless they are playing Pepp) but let's not crown them just yet.
There was a touch of sarcasm in my post.
Chemistry is important. If it wasnt, the Yankees would win the pennent every year.
One of the reasons my kid chose Pepperdine was because she knew she would be playing USC and UCLA virtually every year. That, along with the WCC schedule would give her the chance to play against the best in the country.

There was a touch of sarcasm in my post.
Chemistry is important. If it wasnt, the Yankees would win the pennent every year.
One of the reasons my kid chose Pepperdine was because she knew she would be playing USC and UCLA virtually every year. That, along with the WCC schedule would give her the chance to play against the best in the country.

I would say coaching is equally important. The coach has proven what she can do with top talent. My player was also excited to get to match up with top teams and that along with great academics played huge role in her choices. While she won't get to match up with the Bruins like your daughter has and will continue to do the next two years, she is excited to play against other similar top teams. The Bruins are already one of the top 8-10 teams in the country and could legitimately hoist a trophy this year if they can play a full 90 minutes. Next year like your sarcastic post stated short of Penn St., Stanford, FSU and maybe Duke they won't have a team that gives them a legit game.

I would say coaching is equally important. The coach has proven what she can do with top talent. My player was also excited to get to match up with top teams and that along with great academics played huge role in her choices. While she won't get to match up with the Bruins like your daughter has and will continue to do the next two years, she is excited to play against other similar top teams. The Bruins are already one of the top 8-10 teams in the country and could legitimately hoist a trophy this year if they can play a full 90 minutes. Next year like your sarcastic post stated short of Penn St., Stanford, FSU and maybe Duke they won't have a team that gives them a legit game.
Any coach could get that roster to where they are now.
Im not taking anything away from Cromwell, but when you get to pick first through ninth, before the other captain gets a pick, you pretty much got the upper hand in any pick up game.
Coaching, or more aptly put, leadership, is crucial, on a team with that many pretty princesses.
Cromwell can let them play, once she has herded her cats into order.
The talent is awesome.

Massey's rating methods were developed to assist gamblers making point-spread or over/under bets in basketball and football. They are only of interest where they differ from the human (NSCAA) or computer (RPI) polls.

They are pretty close to both polls just a few teams in a different order. At this point in the season there is a good amount of data out there which allows a little bit more accuracy in projections. Of course they still have to play the games..

Back