2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

Stanford require good grades along with elite talent right? Newbie regarding all of this so just asking.
Yes good grades, but I know a couple of parents who had DDs recruited by Stanford. They both informed me an "ELITE" player needs a minimum 3.50 GPA to get pushed through admissions.

My definition of an elite player in the class of 2017 would be a Catarina Macario, Ashley Sanchez or Kiara Pickett to name a few.

Thursday

Duke vs Florida St; DUKE
NC State vs Virginia; UVA
Virginia Tech vs Notre Dame; Tie
Clemson vs Boston College; Clemson
South Carolina vs Vanderbilt; South Carolina
Colorado vs Stanford; Stanford
Utah vs Cal; CAL
Washington St vs USC; USC
Washington vs UCLA; UCLA
Georgetown vs Seton Hall; G-Town

Friday

BYU vs USD; BYU
Santa Clara vs Pepperdine; tie
San Francisco vs LMU; LMu
Long Beach St vs UC Davis; LB State

Saturday

Penn St vs Michigan St; Penn St.
Minnesota vs Northwestern; Northwestern

Sunday

NC State vs Clemson; Clemson
Louisville vs Florida St; FSU
DePaul vs Georgetown; Gtown
Duke vs Pitt; Duke
San Francisco vs Pepperdine; Pep
South Carolina vs Tennessee; South Carolina
Washington vs USC; USC
Utah vs Stanford; Stanford
Colorado vs Cal; CAL
Washington St vs UCLA; UCLA
Auburn vs Texas A&M; Texas A&M
Santa Clara vs LMU; Santa Clara
UCI vs UCSB; UCI

I am not feeling Stanford at all. It's not that I am a fan of Colorado but Stanford has not been in top form of late. I am truly facinated by Colorado's ability to eek out wins despite getting completely dominated in nearly every statistical category in every match. I between Stanford's recent struggles and Colorado's wave of success, I am going WAY out on a limb and predicting a win. Call me crazy but I think Bernie gets his beer/wine on this match.
I dont need a win by Colorado to secure my wager. All I need is one goal in four matches.
And believe me, I know what "high end" wine is.

Ill be at Pepperdine for both games!
Im fired up.
I hope the stands are not full of dancing people. Those stands are a bit past their prime. Such a beautiful field. One would think Pepperdine could afford better stands, especially since that slope would be easy to build concrete stands on. At least the stickball fans have nice stands.

I hope the stands are not full of dancing people. Those stands are a bit past their prime. Such a beautiful field. One would think Pepperdine could afford better stands, especially since that slope would be easy to build concrete stands on. At least the stickball fans have nice stands.
I dont sit in the stands.
I sit on the road above the stands with a big hat and an American flag.

Im working on some drawings to submit to the proper authorities.
I have an idea along the line of what you have mentioned.
Who knows if anyone will care, but at least I can say I tried.
if nothing ever gets done, its still the best view in the NCAA

Skip the stands for the fans. Pep needs to build a nice club house for the womens sport athletes to match the view.

Colorado is mediocre this year and they haven't played a contending team yet and their RPI shows it. Only 3 of the games that they have played were against teams with a winning record and the only one of those that they won was against Hawaii! Stanford and UCLA combined played two teams with losing records (Navy and San Diego St) prior to their conference schedule. I won't go into Cal and 'SC since you think that they are great. Colorado is going to get taken to the woodshed the next two weeks. They just have to recover and beat a good Utah squad. Stanford and UCLA as good as they are this year will be better next year. Not sure Colorado will be so lucky next year.
Ha! I just like to get you fired up a little bit......Okay, any of your big 4 can get hot down the stretch and win the whole thing. Out of the 4, I actually believe the 2 Socal schools have the best shot. I'm not in love with Stanford this year, and Cal usually finds their way to the door early. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Colorado take one of the big 4 down. I predict they win 1 on the road, and 1 at home. Shoot, it would be good for the conference if Colorado and Utah did something positive down the stretch.

Come on Bernie I put all of my picks out there. What are yours? Let's talk soccer.
I have a couple of 2012 california wines of comparable value.
The wines I have in the vintages you are displaying are worth too much.
2012 Lastoria Sonoma cab.
2012 Saldo Napa zin.

Illl post pics when I figure out how.

If I recall correctly, the issue is the track. When they enlarged the field, they tore out a few lanes of the track. Out of season, they dismantle the stands so people can use the track. During soccer season, the stands actually extend out onto he track so I am not sure what they can do on a permanent basis.

Back