2005 DA Standings

So this is interesting. Earlier today, the 2019 Spring schedule for the USC Women's team came out and on April 7th at 11am, the women will have a match against the U14 LAFC DA team at Cal State L.A.

https://usctrojans.com/news/2019/2/...5mMvJHuFTl2iwQS3AHKf-dVxv91zUTQT27lMM5-ouewsM
No wonder OM is skipping college soccer. When a top women's college soccer team thinks they are only as good as a top team of 8th grade boys. OM is as good as most of those boys now.

here's predicts for this weekend. home team is listed first.

Los Angeles
Real So Cal 0 vs LAFC 2. LAFC has been having relative challenges scoring goals all season, and particularly in the last two games, plus RSC always matches up well w/ LAFC. Will be interesting to see if LAFC can start to return to last year's quality.

Legends 2 vs. FCG 1 *game to watch* FCG has had some funky games in 2019, but are still definitely one of the top candidates for most improved since the beginning of the season. on the flip side, Legends are big and defend solidly. Both teams match up well with each other. Since the game is away for FCG (they also have a strong home field advantage effect), am tipping it to Legends. This will be a statement game for FCG. Last match, it was 2-0 FCG.

LA Galaxy 7 vs. Pateadores 0 *could be a good opportunity for LAG to play some 06s up and do some development*

Santa Barbara SC 2 vs. LAUFA 4

San Diego
LAGSD 3 vs. Albion 1
SD Surf 6 vs. SDSC 0 *could be a good opportunity for SD Surf to play some 06s up and do some development*
Strikers 4 vs Nomads 1.
OC Surf 1 vs. Arsenal 2
LAGSD 5 Albion 0

No wonder OM is skipping college soccer. When a top women's college soccer team thinks they are only as good as a top team of 8th grade boys. OM is as good as most of those boys now.
I saw that LAFC team play today vs Real So Cal, and honestly MLS clubs don’t develop cause LAFC subbed out s few kids like after the first 20 mins... and although nothing unusual about that; but then the coach never put them back in even when the score was ran up to 6 to 0. And then again with 12 mins left an LAFC playerS gets injured and walks off the field and LAFC is left playing with now only 10 players on the field.. and still I watched as these same subs from the 20th minute never re-entered the game. Coach did nothing for these kids Development. Just left them on the sideline warming up. Shit the kids were on the sideline warming up for longer than the 20mins they played when the game started. I’m convinced MLS doesn’t develop. I’m convinced they only want to recruit. Prove me wrong someone.

I saw that LAFC team play today vs Real So Cal, and honestly MLS clubs don’t develop cause LAFC subbed out s few kids like after the first 20 mins... and although nothing unusual about that; but then the coach never put them back in even when the score was ran up to 6 to 0. And then again with 12 mins left an LAFC playerS gets injured and walks off the field and LAFC is left playing with now only 10 players on the field.. and still I watched as these same subs from the 20th minute never re-entered the game. Coach did nothing for these kids Development. Just left them on the sideline warming up. Shit the kids were on the sideline warming up for longer than the 20mins they played when the game started. I’m convinced MLS doesn’t develop. I’m convinced they only want to recruit. Prove me wrong someone.
Rumor is a number of Surf players will be making their way up to LAFC. It is possible LAFC might just be signalling to the parents where those roster spots will come from.

Rumor is a number of Surf players will be making their way up to LAFC. It is possible LAFC might just be signalling to the parents where those roster spots will come from.
Haha yea right, totally possible. I see that. Till surf parents get tired of driving to LA from San Deigo. Yup Somewhere on this forum I read that too LAFC is hiring a Surf Coach. Cant imagine driving that far through traffic. Then what if that Surf kid plays 20mins. This whole development vs MLS is just an endless circle or hot mess. Who knows if what Olivia is doing is right. I’m all for her, at least she can make big bucks soon!! All of these USSDA club teams including the MLS is just dreams. I don’t know where to get quality development

You are partially right and partially wrong in my personal point of view.
WRONG - It is up to the coach criteria on how to use their players, people can only assume without been certainly informed on how things are being cooked inside the kitchen. I can't blame or judge on any coaches' desitions. I think LAFC is the club doing things better than the rest. Nobody can judge the overall development just for one oversee.
RIGHT - MLS academies have the marketing power to scout the best players around, that is inevitable, no other club can compete with that. It is just a subconscious society reaction. Society tent to believe that MLS does better things and of course, it is very attractive to wear MLS jerseys. MLS Coaches developing... idk. some do, some don't. from a coach POV, it is relatively easy to set back and be one more fan or spectator of his own team. having a very talented roster make sometimes or a lot of times lazy coaches. I don't want to finger point anyone, that is not my responsibility. results are visible out there.
My concept of good development is when you see teams starting weak, midseason ok and end of the season strong, or strong from start to finish (as LAFC last season) That will tell the training, the coaching the chemistry, the structure, etc.. improving to the level desired. Unfortunately, after every season, the hunting starts again and the knowledge earned start to have deviated.
My thumbs up for Pateadores, Strikers, Surf, LAUFA, FCGS, Arsenal, TFA. They might not be the best, but you can see they repetitively progress every season.
Again, this is just my most neutral POV. you might have a different one that I will always respect.

WRONG - It is up to the coach criteria on how to use their players, people can only assume without been certainly informed on how things are being cooked inside the kitchen. I can't blame or judge on any coaches' desitions. I think LAFC is the club doing things better than the rest. Nobody can judge the overall development just for one oversee.
RIGHT - MLS academies have the marketing power to scout the best players around, that is inevitable, no other club can compete with that. It is just a subconscious society reaction. Society tent to believe that MLS does better things and of course, it is very attractive to wear MLS jerseys. MLS Coaches developing... idk. some do, some don't. from a coach POV, it is relatively easy to set back and be one more fan or spectator of his own team. having a very talented roster make sometimes or a lot of times lazy coaches. I don't want to finger point anyone, that is not my responsibility. results are visible out there.
My concept of good development is when you see teams starting weak, midseason ok and end of the season strong, or strong from start to finish (as LAFC last season) That will tell the training, the coaching the chemistry, the structure, etc.. improving to the level desired. Unfortunately, after every season, the hunting starts again and the knowledge earned start to have deviated.
My thumbs up for Pateadores, Strikers, Surf, LAUFA, FCGS, Arsenal, TFA. They might not be the best, but you can see they repetitively progress every season.
Again, this is just my most neutral POV. you might have a different one that I will always respect.
I agree with you... LAFC did go undefeated last year as I remember the 05’s. Now they cut and recruited and tweaking all the time. I recall them doing the same with the 04’s several times. This season it seems they got the 04’s dialed in ex: generation adidas, while their 05’s something changed. But once again this is why I feel it’s not Development but recruitment. If it’s not broken then don’t fix it! Haha shit Idk.

That is no rumor. Several of the 05’s and 04’s are headed up to LAFC. Sad that the 05 team will be broken up.

I agree with you... LAFC did go undefeated last year as I remember the 05’s. Now they cut and recruited and tweaking all the time. I recall them doing the same with the 04’s several times. This season it seems they got the 04’s dialed in ex: generation adidas, while their 05’s something changed. But once again this is why I feel it’s not Development but recruitment. If it’s not broken then don’t fix it! Haha shit Idk.

Wow
That is no rumor. Several of the 05’s and 04’s are headed up to LAFC. Sad that the 05 team will be broken up.

Wow!! Well if it isn’t broke then don’t fix it!! Good luck to the Surf boys but I don’t know if that’s a curse or a blessing. If my kid was accepted to LAFC my son and I would be thrilled but driving from San Deigo... oh Hell No!!!! I’m not doing that three to four times a week!! Forget that.

The game report is up for this match. was 5-0 LAFC, and LAFC rostered three '06s. wasn't at the match but in matches like these, LAFC seems to play the 2nd team guys in the first half, and then bring in the first team in the 2nd half. Per the game report, all five goals were scored in the 2nd half. Two of LAFC's players went for a brace.

here's predicts vs actuals for this weekend. home team is listed first.

Los Angeles
Predict: Real So Cal 0 vs LAFC 2. Actuals: Real So Cal 0 vs LAFC 5. Per the game report, LAFC rostered three '06s. in matches like these, LAFC seems to play the 2nd chair guys in the first half, and then bring in the first chair guys in the 2nd half. Per the game report, all five goals were scored in the 2nd half. Two of LAFC's players went for a brace. Sounds though like it was a frustrating game/result for Real SoCal.

Predict: Santa Barbara SC 2 vs. LAUFA 4. Actuals: Santa Barbara SC 5 vs. LAUFA 2. Surprising result. took a look at the trends and Santa Barbara's been improving, particularly defensively.

San Diego
Predict: LAGSD 3 vs. Albion 1. Actuals: LAGSD 5 vs. Albion 0. Thanks! to SoccerDad 2016 for the score. Commentary from the game so far was "Very one sided. 0-0 at half and then after first goal the rest came quick. LAGSD controlled every area of game."

Predict: SD Surf 6 vs. SDSC 0. Actuals: Did not play. In other news around SD Surf, the SD Surf coach held a team meeting w/ the 05 and 04 teams last week announcing that he was moving to LAFC, presumably to help support LAFC's expansion into u16/17+. Word on this forum is that several players from both the 04 and 05 teams will also be moving to LAFC for 2019-20.

For reference, SD Surf's key 04 midfielder was guest playing for LAFC during the Feb round of Generation Adidas Cup matches (GA is an all MLS tournament for u15 and u17 MLS teams), and since the 05 LAFC team has taken a step down on the offensive side in 2018-19, it's reasonable to assume that they're likely is looking to improve in this area and there's a 1-2 SD Surf players who could help them here.

Can't speak for the 04s but the 05 SD Surf team has been together for quite some time, so this is a bit of news. Will be interesting to see about what actually happens since the logistics of traveling during the week from SD to LA for practice seem prohibitive unless families move.

Predict: OC Surf 1 vs. Arsenal 2. Actuals: OC Surf 4 vs. Arsenal 1. This was an outlier result for Arsenal, and am curious if something is going on with the team. Recently two players left the team. Would characterize both players as good but maybe not critical, and one of the players has changed teams a couple of times. (sometimes this is just how it goes because of bad luck, sometimes it's a family thing. can't say in this case, one way or the other). So, question to the Arsenal folks, is there something going on w/ the Arsenal team or was it just a bad day against OC Surf? had been seeing improvement over time w/ Arsenal, certainly over last year, and, for a while, this season.

Last edited:
here's predicts

Predict: OC Surf 1 vs. Arsenal 2. Actuals: OC Surf 4 vs. Arsenal 1. This was an outlier result for Arsenal, and am curious if something is going on with the team. Recently two players left the team. Would characterize both players as good but maybe not critical, and one of the players has changed teams a couple of times. (sometimes this is just how it goes because of bad luck, sometimes it's a family thing. can't say in this case, one way or the other). So, question to the Arsenal folks, is there something going on w/ the Arsenal team or was it just a bad day against OC Surf? had been seeing improvement over time w/ Arsenal, certainly over last year, and, for a while, this season.
Arsenal team has been dealing with injuries for the last 3 games
#17 CM played very little last week and only 10 mins vs OC surf this past saturday due to carrying injury
was not at the game thistime but was told OC Surf dominated this one. Arsenal could not find a rythm

Here's predicts for this weekend (3/8 & 3/9). Home teams are listed first. Should be good soccer weather.

San Diego:
OC Surf 1 vs. SD Surf 5
Nomads 1 vs. Arsenal 1
Strikers 5 vs. Albion 1

Los Angeles:
Real So Cal 1 vs. Pats 1
LAFC 4 vs . LAUFA 1

TFA 1 vs LA Galaxy 3 *game to watch* TFA won the first match playing at home, LAG won the 2nd match playing at home. TFA has not been playing as well recently as they did at the beginning of the year, but LAG does not play nearly as well away as they do in Carson. TFA is ranked #8 nationally by TDS, and LAG is ranked #16. Not sure that makes sense, maybe the other away around more so. Should be fun to watch.

Legends 3 vs. Santa Barbara SC 2

Last edited:
Back