Youth Soccer Rankings (U10 / 07's)

For what its worth they have already begun to rank the U10's (2007's) locally, regionally, and nationally.

http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

Interesting. The site uses league play as well as tournaments to calculate, and goal differential from each game affects the ranking. I guess we need to run up the score more!

Here's the SoCal Top 20 according to the site:

1 SAN DIEGO SURF SC EGSL ACADEMY [2] 29.35
2 STRIKERS FC ORANGE COUNTY EGSL [5] 28.54
3 SO CAL BLUES MULLIGAN RENNIE [6] 28.53
4 EAGLES SC [8] 28.28
5 ALBION SC ACADEMY [11] 28.24
6 SAN DIEGO SC NAVY ACADEMY [13] 27.58
7 LEGENDS FC [16] 27.38
8 RIVERSIDE MGFM SOCCER DEVILS [18] 27.23
9 REAL SO CAL NR WHITE [34] 26.48
10 INLAND EMPIRE SURF KOOIMAN [35] 26.47
11 CDA SLAMMERS FC CERRITOS CRUZ MACIAS EGSL [36] 26.46
12 LA GALAXY SAN DIEGO PREMIER GREEN [39] 26.33
13 LA GALAXY SOUTH BAY ELITE [40] 26.25
14 FULLERTON RANGERS WHI [45] 26.04
15 BEACH FC LONG KAUFMAN [52] 25.87
16 UNION INDEPENDIENTE FC DEPORTIVO LAGUNA [57] 25.74
17 LEGENDS FC SOUTH [59] 25.69
18 ENCINITAS EXPRESS PREMIER [62] 25.65
19 YASC SPARTANS FC BLACK [69] 25.50
20 FRAM NUNEZ [74] 25.43

And apparently "Solar" losing at Surf Cup 9-3 didn't hurt them in getting the top spot nationally. Any of the top 10 So Cal teams would beat them handily.

Uhhh... they beat #2, #6 and tied 7. Right? Certainly took a beating from #4.
I was well aware of that when I posted. Those games were in August on postage stamp fields. I did see Solar play in that tourney and on regular 8v8 fields I don't think they could hang. IMO. Same case could be made for the 9-3 scoreline at the hands of Eagles who did win that tourney.
Very happy that they changed having anybody play on those tiny things.

I was well aware of that when I posted. Those games were in August on postage stamp fields. I did see Solar play in that tourney and on regular 8v8 fields I don't think they could hang. IMO. Same case could be made for the 9-3 scoreline at the hands of Eagles who did win that tourney.
Very happy that they changed having anybody play on those tiny things.
And to your point top 10 is a bit bold. I'll stick with top 5.

Surf Cup was the minimum field size allowed. 30x50 seems about right. I would expect Vegas to be played on your standard 9v9 fields.

Also depends if Vegas starts using the build out line. Saw it used in TOC in December. It is the one change that will speed the development of players the fastest until the "winning" coaches decide to put the big foot on the backline. The coaches that don't will develop the better players over time.

Also depends if Vegas starts using the build out line. Saw it used in TOC in December. It is the one change that will speed the development of players the fastest until the "winning" coaches decide to put the big foot on the backline. The coaches that don't will develop the better players over time.

Sounds like you watched a few Blues games.

SCDSL used the build out line in league play. I agree it definitely promoted playing the right way out of the back. We haven't seen it since.

Back