Why keep arguing, NO FALL SOCCER!

Not soccer, (and I'm up in Norcal,) but something similar happened up here to a Little League team. Kids were easily 6ft apart in the outfield, a few in the dugout were spaced and had masks, and some were out sitting with parents, (think U-littles but for Baseball.)

A park worker came through and said that we were not allowed to be out there. But he'd "look the other way just this once."

It was such a shame- the kids were totally behaving and getting fresh air and sunshine. Which is desperately needed after the gross weather we've had. They also start school next week so I'm not sure how that's ok but being out in the sun and fresh air is not.

There is too much bullshit flying around without any of this "I won't disclose" nonsense. If you don't want to say, just don't post.
Neither. Nobody did anything to anybody. Just another poster, posting made up bullshit to juice up the thread. Where do these guys come from?
Unlike others I don't rat other clubs particularly for something as silly as not practicing social distancing. Just a heads up that there are public officials out there that have nothing better to do than shutting down a bunch of kids from running around on field. The source is a parent whose child's practice was shutdown.

Not soccer, (and I'm up in Norcal,) but something similar happened up here to a Little League team. Kids were easily 6ft apart in the outfield, a few in the dugout were spaced and had masks, and some were out sitting with parents, (think U-littles but for Baseball.)

A park worker came through and said that we were not allowed to be out there. But he'd "look the other way just this once."

It was such a shame- the kids were totally behaving and getting fresh air and sunshine. Which is desperately needed after the gross weather we've had. They also start school next week so I'm not sure how that's ok but being out in the sun and fresh air is not.
I have a hard time thinking of a team sport with less contact than baseball. Other than the batter and catcher, no one is within 6 feet of anyone else. And it has so little running you can even wear a mask.

Crazy if that’s on the bad list.

I have a hard time thinking of a team sport with less contact than baseball. Other than the batter and catcher, no one is within 6 feet of anyone else. And it has so little running you can even wear a mask.

Crazy if that’s on the bad list.

Yes! And here's the thing- they played with no pitcher or catcher. They had the pitching machine out and a bownet behind the batter. And honestly, this wasn't a real "team". Just friends that play in the league on many different teams, getting together. And they still scolded us!

Unlike others I don't rat other clubs particularly for something as silly as not practicing social distancing. Just a heads up that there are public officials out there that have nothing better to do than shutting down a bunch of kids from running around on field. The source is a parent whose child's practice was shutdown.

A rumor of a rumor of a rumor. Now I believe you when you said that you are never serious.

P
[/QUOT
Parents and Clubs need to band together with disclosing who these public bullies are doing these horrible acts to children. Publicly shame them and video tape them, post it, send it in to the media.

I am not against the idea of shaming these officials. I am more surprised though that they are working on a Saturday. Seems they are putting in overtime to make sure they punish the kids.
I would hope that someone from the City was not just out wandering the neighborhood trying to ruin some kids' day. Typically its some busy body that complains, and knowing that neighborhood it wouldn't surprise me, but I have no idea. Honestly the City of SD has been really cool. Every weekend at Mission Bay and Mission Beach there are an endless number of adults that gather in large, non-family groups without masks and not socially distancing, particularly on boats. The cops and city staff give them no hassle whatsoever. And who knows, the official that shutdown the practices could have thought it was ridiculous as we think it is to stop kids from playing, but was just following orders. I don't think shaming this person is the right answer. He's not the idiot that made the policy.

Be smart, be safe and keep your eyes out.

I would hope that someone from the City was not just out wandering the neighborhood trying to ruin some kids' day. Typically its some busy body that complains, and knowing that neighborhood it wouldn't surprise me, but I have no idea. Honestly the City of SD has been really cool. Every weekend at Mission Bay and Mission Beach there are an endless number of adults that gather in large, non-family groups without masks and not socially distancing, particularly on boats. The cops and city staff give them no hassle whatsoever. And who knows, the official that shutdown the practices could have thought it was ridiculous as we think it is to stop kids from playing, but was just following orders. I don't think shaming this person is the right answer. He's not the idiot that made the policy.

Be smart, be safe and keep your eyes out.
Agree to disagree. Out of all the inconsistent enforcement and guidelines that have come from the state and county health officer, they can find the time to go and shut down kids playing soccer. Go to any park anywhere in this county and you will find pickup games with adults playing every sport. Yet they choose to shut down the kids. County officials have been by my child’s club looking for violations. Why so much time spent on youth soccer enforcing bogus guidelines?

Actually the Atlantic is the most impeccable source in this country...but you knew that already.
What they report just bums you out.
NY Times or Atlantic would not have been afraid of providing facts.
First off, you two have no sense of humor. Secondly, TMZ rates above Atlantic in reliability.

On other note, SD City Parks and Rec was doing their rounds today and couldn't have cared less that the boys were having a scrimmage (non-club) at the elementary school.

First off, you two have no sense of humor. Secondly, TMZ rates above Atlantic in reliability.

On other note, SD City Parks and Rec was doing their rounds today and couldn't have cared less that the boys were having a scrimmage (non-club) at the elementary school.

First off, I already pointed out that I now believe your statement about never being serious.

On another note, the only controversy I could find about the Atlantic's content was a few years back when they permitted the Church of Scientology to purchase a long ad that imitated the style of Atlantic articles. The Atlantic subsequently deleted the ad and apologized for having published it.

Ball's in your court.

Shockingly enough, tmz very accurate...usually first on creepy celebrity news.

Back